C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I dreamt I met Graeme Le Saux in my local Nisa. Well actually I just moved so it's no longer my local Nisa. Well, it might be, because I haven't checked out the location of any Nisas local to my new place. But I really doubt it is.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

In one of those nights full of short nonlinear random snippet dreams you get sometimes, and no doubt prompted by yesterday's spoilers, I dreamt Susie Dent was having a crisis of confidence.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Dreamt last night that I was being arrested for murder. I don't know who I murdered but I remember that it was heinously bloody and violent, and that my accomplice was Callum 'Bundy' Todd. Neither of us felt any remorse for the murder - just the fact we'd been caught and wouldn't get invited to CoC.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Heather Styles

Post by Heather Styles »

Ben's dream is pretty much as I remember COLIN XI, apart from people arriving in a slightly different order.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Short one last night, but no less weird. I dreamed I was Jeremy Clarkson, and I was at the Spa motor racing circuit in Belgium, which for some reason had been turned into a 1920s-era cobbled street. I was conducting an experiement to figure out the terminal velocity of a go-kart rolling backwards down the legendary eau rouge corner. After I (as Ben) corrected myself (as Jeremy) on how to calculate the velocity, I eventually worked out that the answer to the question was 'Rob Foster'. I then spend several minutes trying to change the back wheel of a reliant robin, only for the opposite wheel to mysteriously vanish every time I finish the job. I then wake up.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Think you're suffering from Rob Foster envy. As do we all.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Zarte Siempre wrote:
James Laverty wrote:Unusual one last night. My old university band were mysteriously invited to play a concert in Hull by a mystery investor for a rather generous sum of money. We arrived at the concert venue, finding out that the investor was Zarte who proceeded to knock out our lead singer with a frying pan and take his place in the band.
That DOES sound like something I'd do...
Had another one of these last night.

This time it was at my local and not my band playing. Zarte, along with his accomplices George and Jen, took the places of the band playing with the exception of the keyboardist, who turned out to be Graeme, with a friend of mine who works at the bar part of the plan. The new band proceeded to start playing New Radical's You Get What You Give as me, the barmaid, Bundy and Rychelle are watching in fits of laughter.
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Last night's one was particularly weird. It started off with me having to run back and forth between South Hykeham (the venue of the COLIN hangover) and home to run errands, which got a bit testy eventually as (in the dream) it got to 10:30pm and I still wasn't anywhere near done. After missing the last bus (which didn't actually go anywhere near my house, but bear with me) I decide to take a shortcut home through the South Hykeham back roads, which in my dream was full of scabby old pawn shops and obnoxious teenagers. In reality it contains a church, 3 houses and a cow, but again, bear with me. Needless to say, I get accosted by the teenagers, and the scene quickly jumps to a school library where Innis is trying to regain control of his class. Once they're all settled down, I mumble to him this is class are a bunch of c**ts. When he didn't hear me, I repeat myself, only he didn't hear me again, asking a 'a bunch of what'? This time, I yell 'C**TS' really loudly, and when everyone stops to look at my outburst, I simply shrug and say 'What? This is a dream, and I'm a sociopath. Deal with it.'

I then draw a rectangle on a piece of paper, write the word 'EXIT' in it and push down on it, waking myself up.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Just to clarify, the thing about being a sociopath - was that just something you said in the dream?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Just to clarify, the thing about being a sociopath - was that just something you said in the dream?
Yes, I said that in the dream.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ben Wilson wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Just to clarify, the thing about being a sociopath - was that just something you said in the dream?
Yes, but was it just something you said in the dream?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:
Yes, but was it just something you said in the dream?
Maybe.
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Double whammy from the weekend.

DREAM 1:

I am at Villa Park, watching Villa vs Forest as a guest of Riccy Scimeca, a name of who anyone who ever collected Premier League stickers may remember. I lookdown from the VIP booth and I see Jamie McNeill in the crowd with a blonde haired Callum Todd. As the teams run out I realise something is going on, as instead of Gabby Agbonlahor playing up front for Villa is Mark Deeks and in the Forest line up where Michail Antonio should be, is Matt Bayfield. As Matt goes on to score the first goal, I don't complain too much about this

As I ask Riccy what's going on we are joined by Zarte who I quickly accuse of planning this in an attempt to sabotage Villa but he denies it, yet laughing out loud as he says it. All is revealed at half-time however, as I find out that Dylan and Conor are to play a sudden death letters attack as thehalf time entertainment, with Jen hosting in character as Chardonnay Dawson. As this unfolds, Zarte and Riccy start a drinking contest, creating a drinking game based on the LA. The game goes on for ages, causing the second half to be postponed until it finishes with Conor getting some obscure 6 in a horrible selection. As the football starts again I look around to see Zarte, having won the drinking contest gloating over a passed out Riccy singing "Sh*t on the Villa".
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

DREAM 2:

I am at North Hykeham travelodge, and about to leave for Fox and Hounds the night before CoLin, where I find Nadroj checking in. Nad seems in a good mood and says he has a surprise for everyone in the morning. I set of for the bar and get there just as a group of apterites arrives from London. After getting some food, Nad arrives in an inflatable banana suit and says he thought CoLin was fancy dress.

I woke up at this point, but the dream continued after I got back to sleep. It's now the next morning, and after breakfast we head back to Fox and Hounds, which is now the new venue for CoLin. Ben comes out from behind the bar to welcome us where Nad, still in the banana suit, starts a quick game of darts with Jon Corby before the Countdown action starts, with one of the darts penetrating the banana suit and deflating it. However it turns out that the suit inflates itself and when it has done so, becomes it's own person, creating for the event "apterous banana", who turns out to win the event with 7 perfect games and a host of all other records.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Last night's dream saw me heading home from CoEdi through the city of Edinburgh, which for some reason is now mostly indoors. Along the way I take a phone call from Callum Todd, who beat Innis in the CoEdi final, asking for advice about running his own co-event. The call apparently last two hours, by the end of which I've found my way back to the CoEdi venue (for some reason), where Graeme starts having a go at Callum for calling me when I was somehow stood next to him the whole time. Jack Worsley & Rychelle were also present.

This is comparatively tame when compared to my previous dream, which saw me attempting to breach my local Asda in a campervan, after the supermarket was taken over by a global supervillain who has ties to the Italian mafia. In this dream, I was also Will Smith. The dream then somehow segued into a rant by 5 wrestlers (Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho, Sabu & the Dudley Boys, in case you were wondering) about how ECW was the best wrestling company of all time.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Jon O'Neill wrote:I dreamt I met Graeme Le Saux in my local Nisa. Well actually I just moved so it's no longer my local Nisa. Well, it might be, because I haven't checked out the location of any Nisas local to my new place. But I really doubt it is.
How do you pronounce "Nisa"? I know they pronounce it the same as "nicer", but if they wanted me to do that, they shouldn't have spelt it like Lisa. Idiots.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I had a parkrun (look, no capitals, Bayfield) dream last night. I wonder what they'd make of it if I went on the Facebook page for my local parkrun and started a similar discussion.
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

They get weirder...

I started in the Game of Thrones universe with Daenerys Targaryen riding Drogon (one of her dragons for people who have no idea about GoT) when the scene merged into flying over Athens and a brief stop to see Andy Platt break dancing outside the Parthenon. Andy narrowly avoids being burned to a crisp as we take off again, this time to Berlin where we stop to buy a mobile phone. When we get to the phone store the shopkeeper turns out to be a German speaking Ben Wilson.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Small "p" noted and appreciated, Gevin.

Also, flattered that I am that my footballing talents have been recognised, it seems strange that I replaced Antonio in the Nottingham Forest line-up. He is clearly a right-winger and I am left-footed.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Ben Wilson wrote:After eating my lunch, I prepare to stand up only for a very cheerful Mark Deeks to show up and say hi. he's cheerful because he randomly ran into Jon Corby, played an impromptu game of Countdown against him and humiliatingly battered him. Mark then spots a nearby girl and starts to chat her up, first by buying her lunch (despite the fact that she already had a meal) and then thinking about serenading her with a violin, but thinking better of it. Mark then also leaves.
This isn't a dream; this is a memory. This is what actually happened at Colin 2013, basically.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Matt Bayfield wrote:Small "p" noted and appreciated, Gevin.

Also, flattered that I am that my footballing talents have been recognised, it seems strange that I replaced Antonio in the Nottingham Forest line-up. He is clearly a right-winger and I am left-footed.
Ha he was playing on the left flank a lot when I had this dream so that could be why.

Also had one of these last night where there was a 80 man co-event (not sure where), but I woke up during the first round draw
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

A very quick one last night: Zarte was trying to persuade me that 'Gonna Make You a Star' by David Essex was the greatest blues song ever using a Wikipedia page that Jen had hacked.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Heat and a high pollen count tend to play merry hell with my brain, so here goes...

I'm at an open-air festival event, offering commentary on the happenings alongside James Robinson. After a load of Hells Angels ride past accompanied by Hulk Hogan, I quickly suss out that I'm probably at Wrestlemania, but it turns out that what the event actually is is a c of c, which takes place late into the night (like, finishing at around 4am). The following morning, when reviewing the tapes, it turns out some of it is corrupt and needs redoing, so we start rerecording the shows.

For the final conundrum, instead of paying attention to the recording, I have a showdown with Jono whilst Mike Brown hosts (Ryan and Michelle are also present). The final scramble is HITALBUM, and Mike keeps coughing whilst simultaneously saying 'thumbnail' all throughout the 30 seconds, but neither Jono nor I get it, which is for the best, as when we look up at the stage, it turned out that the answer was actually LUSIEACID (I think). Jono and I are both pissed off that the conundrum was so hard (though we're more pissed off at the obscureness of the word rather than the fact that the answer contained entirely different letters to the scramble) but whilst the conundrum was crucial, the scores weren't level so the c of c is finished and we go home.

Note- Jono and I weren't actually playing in the c of c, we were just sort-of having a side bet.

After bidding Jono farewell, I head back toward the stage, but the entire area surrounding the stage turns into a TV Tropes-style page describing everything that happened in the dream. I then wake up.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Ben Wilson wrote:A very quick one last night: Zarte was trying to persuade me that 'Gonna Make You a Star' by David Essex was the greatest blues song ever using a Wikipedia page that Jen had hacked.
This may be my favourite one of the lot so far.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I'm suffering from really bad hayfever, which is at its worst in the early mornings, which is when I do most of my dreaming.

This one starts with me and a few other apterites (including Dylan and Andy Platt) as the Avengers. I'm not sure exactly which Avengers we were, only we were attending a function hosted by Tony Stark in the cloakroom at my old secondary school, so it's safe to assume we were superheroes of some description. This soon turned (yet again) into coc XIV, but it was sabotaged by Richard Brittain, who'd kidnapped Zarte and set up a nefarious scavenger hunt that we had to follow to rescue him. It should be pointed out that Zarte himself actually participated in the scavenger hunt and was never in any danger at any point, but we followed the scavenger hunt anyway. I also know that Dylan is the only person I can trust to help me complete the hunt, but for some reason, Andy Platt is the only one actually helping. The hunt works by going to each clue in succession and getting the next clue on a smartphone.

After two completed hunts (of which I can't remember the details) we find ourselves in the pub ready to start hunt #3. By this point, everyone's pretty bored and would rather just piss around in the beer garden, so we try to skip ahead a few clues, but are told by the smartphone that we must hit each and every clue in order. However, clue #1 for hunt 3 turns out to be talking to a smelly 80 year old hippie pirate, and at that point the Wi-Fi goes down, so we call off the hunt and start drinking instead (I'm teetotal in real life, but apparently a rampaging alcoholic in my dreams). We head out of the pub, which is on the campus of a massive university, and start to play apterous instead (despite the Wi-Fi still being down) where Andy complains that every single word declared is not a word. I then wake up.

I do have another dream a little while later though, a shorter one where I find myself at CoEdi (I'm always at CoEdi in my dreams, don't ask why) and in desperate need of the toilet. It turns out that every toilet in Scotland is the worst toilet in Scotland (NSFW but still highly critically acclaimed link) and my number two ends up completely destroying my shoes. After leaving the restroom (which is, paradoxically, in a very posh hotel in Nottingham), I run into a Scrabble tournament that's taking place at the same time. I then wake up praying for Benadryl.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Ben Wilson wrote:Andy Platt complains that every single word declared is not a word.
Not a dream.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

My latest one saw me watching a Senna-like documentary, ahead of the British Grand Prix, about the greatest Formula One driver who ever lived, who naturally happened to be Jim Bentley. In my desperation to deliver a Christmas/birthday card to Jim, I inherit a super-hotel in the coastal town of Seaham (which isn't really that close to where Jim lives, but never mind) but quickly get caught up in the art of hotel management.

The hotel's main feature is the 'rocket lift', which is only for use by management or VIP guests. It propels you up 30 floors in a matter of a few seconds, but then starts a 2000 second countdown as it immediately returns to ground level (which is about half an hour) and the doors at the top don't open, meaning you have to open them manually and crawl out as the lift's slowly sliding downwards. On the 30th floor, I delight myself in opening all the 'staff only' doors (having always had a real-life overactive imagination fascination with doors that apparently lead nowhere). I'm a bit disappointed, however, when my overactive imagination imagines them to be cupboards and broom closets. Despite the hotel being closed for redecoration, there are still families running around everywhere who I have to duck around. I finally retrieve the letters/cards I have to deliver to Jim (it's somehow turned from a small envelope to a large bundle by this point) and am paged by Lauren, my receptionist that Jim has arrived. The last thing I think before waking up is 'Lauren looks a lot like Mr T', despite the fact that I have no visual contact with her at any point during the dream.
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

So last night I had a dream that myself, Zarte, Jen, Ben Wilson, Matt Bayfield, Lauren Hamer, Heather Styles, Adam Curran, James Rowan and Tracey Mills were contestants in the Apprentice. I can't remember the details of earlier in the contest apart from the fact I had narrowly avoided being fired the previous week (Dan McColm was the previous casualty) and I was now captain for this task and Tracey was the other team captain.

Luckily for me the next task was the buy 10 items for a cheaper price listed task and was to take place in Nottinghamshire, and my team of Zarte, Jen, Heather and Matt were able to buy all our items fairly quickly and cheaply (including buying a croquet set off Mark Deeks, who spends nearly an hour insiting I'm Jamie McNeill), we find out from Lord Sugar that we have won and our treat is to have a cooking lesson from Sat Bains at his 2x Michelin star restaurant.

The treat turns into chaos however, as Bains finds out that Zarte was one of the people who gave him a negative review (Bains infamously left sarcastic remarks on negative reviews of his restaurant) and challenges him to a cook off which ends with Zarte winning just as Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford arrive for food.

This segues into another dream with me entering a bar somewhere in London with Jamie McNeill to see Callum Pickering being beaten up by someone in a horse costume (I'm guessing this was a reference to his apterous identity) when me and Jamie are sneaked up on by a real life Trent Sanderson who greets us with "Hello darlings!". At this point we peg it to the nearest tube.

I never found out who was fired :(
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Like fuck was that a dream - blates happened in real life.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Zarte Siempre wrote:Like fuck was that a dream - blates happened in real life.
Can confirm that the part about me insisting that James Laverty is actually the other James Laverty has definitely happened. Multiple times.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Last night's madness saw me in Manchester attending a co-event or doing some shopping, it was never made clear what- I was in a shopping centre and doing shopping, but I'd got it into my head somehow that I was actually at a co-event. After a while, I decide to briefly nip home for a bit (yes, all the way to Lincoln), so I head back to the railway station (leaving my phone behind so having to navigate by road signs. This isn't important, just thought I'd mention it anyway). I arrive at the station to discover that entry is through one of three very inconvenient methods- either up an escalator that you have to climb up 8 feet to get to, up a vertical travelator that you have to cling to, or in a very shallow elevator.

I plump for the elevator, but regret it as I manage to accidentally catch one of my testicles in the doors as they close. Nonetheless, I manage to get into the station proper, which now looks like someone's house. Gevin, Jen and Zarte are all there playing old board games, one of which is an old version of Pac-Man that Gevin is very keen I should pay attention to. We escape down through the house in a spiral fashion before heading out through the house's garden (I've long since stopped thinking of the house as anything to do with trains), only to discover we've been going the wrong way all along. I then wake up.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Ben Wilson wrote:I plump for the elevator, but regret it as I manage to accidentally catch one of my testicles in the doors as they close.
Might be the only person who laughs instead of winces whilst reading this bit.
Ben Wilson wrote:Gevin, Jen and Zarte are all there playing old board games, one of which is an old version of Pac-Man that Gevin is very keen I should pay attention to.
A board game of Pacman would be absolutely epic. If someone finds one I'll happily play it with Z and Gev to make your dream reality (as long as one of them is wearing a tiara).
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Jennifer Steadman wrote:A board game of Pacman would be absolutely epic. If someone finds one I'll happily play it with Z and Gev to make your dream reality (as long as one of them is wearing a tiara).
Congratulations, look what you made me do.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Ben Wilson wrote:
Jennifer Steadman wrote:A board game of Pacman would be absolutely epic. If someone finds one I'll happily play it with Z and Gev to make your dream reality (as long as one of them is wearing a tiara).
Congratulations, look what you made me do.
:o :D :D :D
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

If I wasn't wearing a tiara in the dream, I can't wear one in the reconstruction.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Gavin Chipper wrote:If I wasn't wearing a tiara in the dream, I can't wear one in the reconstruction.
You might not have been in MY dream...
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

I am at Villa Park, watching Villa vs Forest as a guest of Riccy Scimeca, a name of who anyone who ever collected Premier League stickers may remember. I lookdown from the VIP booth and I see Jamie McNeill in the crowd with a blonde haired Callum Todd. As the teams run out I realise something is going on, as instead of Gabby Agbonlahor playing up front for Villa is Mark Deeks and in the Forest line up where Michail Antonio should be, is Matt Bayfield. As Matt goes on to score the first goal, I don't complain too much about this

As I ask Riccy what's going on we are joined by Zarte who I quickly accuse of planning this in an attempt to sabotage Villa but he denies it, yet laughing out loud as he says it. All is revealed at half-time however, as I find out that Dylan and Conor are to play a sudden death letters attack as thehalf time entertainment, with Jen hosting in character as Chardonnay Dawson. As this unfolds, Zarte and Riccy start a drinking contest, creating a drinking game based on the LA. The game goes on for ages, causing the second half to be postponed until it finishes with Conor getting some obscure 6 in a horrible selection. As the football starts again I look around to see Zarte, having won the drinking contest gloating over a passed out Riccy singing "Sh*t on the Villa".
So I was at the Forest vs Villa friendly today and none of this happened.....
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Last night's one saw me in the audience- well, sort of standing around next to- a bizarre gameshow that sort-of combined Knightmare, Supermarket Sweep and the Chase. Basically, people were being asked general knowledge questions by a sort-of evil medieval monk in an evil version of Asda (not that regular Asda is any less evil, mind you). The first person got twenty questions correct, and the second contestant is Dinos, who struggles at first, but is then thrown an extra-large version of a Megaminx and is asked to identify it. Unfortunately, I then say 'Megaminx' to the person standing next to me in the audience (or it might have been another shopper, I can't remember clearly), which causes Dinos to forfeit that question, and despite the fact that he completely kills the rest of the questions, he only ends up on nineteen points. I am then pelted with bits of the dismantled Megaminx by both Dinos and the host, and I subsequently wake up.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I also had one a while back that I can't remember many details of, only that it took place at an outside co-event on a street called 'Bangin Close', and Mark Deeks, Adam Dexter, Zarte Siempre and Andy Platt were all present and enthralled with the road sign.
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Keeping up with the CoC XIV theme, had one last night based around it as well.

Andy and Tracey were playing each other in Round 1 and before the game AP and Nick make a bet with Rachel that they can get Tracey to say "he's old enough to be my son" during the recording, succeeding towards the end of the game. As Tracey utters the quote, Andy cheers loudly prompting the Dictionary Corner guest (who for some reason looks like the love child of Graeme and Zarte) to scream, which woke me up
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon O'Neill wrote:I dreamt I met Graeme Le Saux in my local Nisa. Well actually I just moved so it's no longer my local Nisa. Well, it might be, because I haven't checked out the location of any Nisas local to my new place. But I really doubt it is.
It probably is. I've never encountered a Nisa. What's a Nisa?
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
I think it's fairly obvious from the context that Jono was referring to Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. He just meant that he might not be using the main office in Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo, but rather a regional office when he's working with the Japanese Atomic Energy Commission as well as providing other functions. I might be wrong though, especially after the Fukushima disaster, as NISA was criticized as having a conflict of interest, given that it was part of METI. Don't get me started on that though, I mean, the minimum fuel rod length already reported to the government was 3 to 5 centimeters longer than the value listed in both the inspection manual and the GNFDP for fuck's sake.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

JimBentley wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
I think it's fairly obvious from the context that Jono was referring to Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency. He just meant that he might not be using the main office in Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo, but rather a regional office when he's working with the Japanese Atomic Energy Commission as well as providing other functions. I might be wrong though, especially after the Fukushima disaster, as NISA was criticized as having a conflict of interest, given that it was part of METI. Don't get me started on that though, I mean, the minimum fuel rod length already reported to the government was 3 to 5 centimeters longer than the value listed in both the inspection manual and the GNFDP for fuck's sake.
This is correct.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Why was Graeme Le Saux in your local Japanese Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency? And why were you, for that matter? Did you both work there? Did one of you work there and the other a contractor in to do some plastering or something? Was it a secret, covert and possibly suspicious rendezvous point?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

It's also a bit weird that the Japanese Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency have regional offices dotted around the UK.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Gavin Chipper wrote:It's also a bit weird that the Japanese Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency have regional offices dotted around the UK.
Well, that just shows what you know. Why, next you'll be telling me that you didn't know that HSBC's global headquarters are actually located in a small semi-detached house in Luton (the actual banking operations are all carried out on a Tandy TRS-80 with 32K RAM, by a mechanical chicken, although larger computers are used at the official base in London to work out the top bankers' bonuses).
James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty »

Had a dream mainly non-apterous related last but briefly included an episode of Celebrity Squares with Mark Deeks in the centre. Can't remember the full details but it also had Stan Collymore involved at some point
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Last night's dream saw me attending an unofficial c of c XIV at my late grandmother's house. Jono was hosting the show, and would deal letters COLIN-style, but in a grid of 4x3 with 4 in each pile. I'm not sure how this was supposed to work. I won't say who was playing as both participants were naked, and at one point one of their penises fell off and started rolling along the floor.

Dream 2 saw me inadvertantly shoplifting prizes for COLIN from my local The Works, which resulted in the whole of the city of Lincoln going into lockdown. After helping Bruce Forsyth escape, I head down Lincoln High Street (which has been deserted) and run along the train tracks to Hykeham, which quickly become a very picturesque forest in the middle of nowhere (if you've ever taken the train from Lincoln to Hykeham, this isn't far from the truth). After getting hoplessly lost, I found myself thinking 'Gevin is a really good cyclist', and as if by magic, I found myself, I found myself displacing Gevin on the train, which arrived into Hykeham a short while later. Realising that I ws in a dream, I ran home as fast as I could (covering something like a mile in a minute) through several posts by Rhys Benjamin about political statistics, before I woke up in my room, fiddling with my iPad. This was also a dream- annoyingly- and I then woke up again.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ben Wilson wrote:My latest one saw me watching a Senna-like documentary, ahead of the British Grand Prix, about the greatest Formula One driver who ever lived, who naturally happened to be Jim Bentley.
It must be annoying for Jeff Gordon that he isn't even the best racing driver born on a particular day.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I had a Countdown dream last night. I was on the train to Hykeham (presumably for COLIN) when this weird disembodied thought came through the carriage that went something like "Gevin is a really good cyclist". I was just beginning to feel smug about this when none other than Ben Wilson sort of materialised in my seat and I dematerialised and then rematerialized on the train tracks. The thing is I didn't even have my fucking bike with me, so who cares how good I am at cycling? I had to walk to Hykeham but despite being along the train tracks, it was basically a forest in the middle of nowhere.

When I woke up form this dream, I was watching Ben Wilson fiddling with his iPad (although I was watching him from afar so he was unaware of this), so I had to wake up a second time to get back to reality. So it turned out to be one of those dreams within a dream things.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Ben Wilson wrote:I won't say who was playing as both participants were naked, and at one point one of their penises fell off and started rolling along the floor.
You have to say. If only because it'll mean I've no longer had the gayest dream in this thread.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Mark Deeks wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:I won't say who was playing as both participants were naked, and at one point one of their penises fell off and started rolling along the floor.
You have to say. If only because it'll mean I've no longer had the gayest dream in this thread.
All I'll say is that this person was at COLIN this year, and will probably be at COLIN next year, which would make matters extremely awkward for me. Especially if their penis falls off again.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Well, at least say who the other participant was whose penis didn't fall off.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Mark Deeks wrote:Well, at least say who the other participant was whose penis didn't fall off.
That person's also a COLIN regular and I don't want to put any ideas in their head. Hell, they're bad enough being in MY head.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

It's you, Mark.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Graeme Cole wrote:It's you, Mark.
I'm OK with that. I just want him to say it.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Mark Deeks wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote:It's you, Mark.
I'm OK with that. I just want him to say it.
It's not you. You were in the dream, in fact you were playing Graeme in a game, but you were both fully clothed.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Had a dream last night where Adam Gillard was upset with me because I offered him a bite of my burger but I only let him take one literal bite. He was also complaining that I should have let him have more because he had done me a favour by passing on money I had given him to give to someone else when he could have just kept it. I should have rewarded his honesty by letting him have more of my burger. Apparently he also caused the recent good weather and felt should have been rewarded for this as well. I had another dream earlier, not countdown related but it did feature someone else called Adam who was trying to screw me out of money. Obviously my subconscious has a problem with someone called Adam and some money related issue. I've no idea what it means in real life.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Mark James wrote:Had a dream last night where Adam Gillard was upset with me because I offered him a bite of my burger but I only let him take one literal bite. He was also complaining that I should have let him have more because he had done me a favour by passing on money I had given him to give to someone else when he could have just kept it. I should have rewarded his honesty by letting him have more of my burger. Apparently he also caused the recent good weather and felt should have been rewarded for this as well. I had another dream earlier, not countdown related but it did feature someone else called Adam who was trying to screw me out of money. Obviously my subconscious has a problem with someone called Adam and some money related issue. I've no idea what it means in real life.
I don't know about this other Adam, but basically I think you've just had a racist dream.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

hahaha