C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Post by Matt Morrison »

thought for some reason there was a dreams thread elsewhere but apparently they've just been littered all over the place, so I've begun this one...

Last night, probably because me and BC were talking about CoLin before bed, I had this cool dream. Basically it seemed to be a HUGE Co-event which was being held in some kind of holiday park, a Butlins type place. It was a very sunny day, and tons of people were there - thousands, all for this Countdown event. I say "Countdown event" but I'm not actually sure I saw any Countdown being played at any point.

It seemed to be a family thing, as my mum was there and one of the first bits I remember was having to go and deliver a drink to my brother. The drink was in a tiny thin glass, basically the size of a test tube, with a big red straw coming out of it. She said he was 'the other side of the park' so I trooped off to try and find him and deliver this drink to him. It took me ages and I had to travel through loads of weird buildings, the highlight of which was this narrow, low-ceilinged, tiny little twisty-corridored museum which was dedicated to art and sculpture that had been influenced by the artist's love of trees. The oddest bit about the museum was the toilet - I past a little metal porthole door which had the male/female toilet symbols on, and so thought I'd stop and relieve myself. The door was tiny though, and when I opened it there was just a toilet the other side, no room or anything. So I had to stand in the museum and just piss into the open door whilst the curator (a wrinkly old lady who looked a little like a tree herself) watched on smiling like some kind of over-lovely granny.

Anyway when I got out of the museum and back into the open air I found myself on one side of a huge valley, I could see on the other side of the hill a big coloured-lights rave that was proper kicking off, and despite the fact it was so far away that I estimated it would have taken me about an hour to go down into the valley and back up the other side, I could hear his voice really clearly so I knew he was there. I could also hear him arguing with his (real life) ex-girlfriend (who is now a lesbian) about the merits of stemming. I decided not to disturb them, and was thirsty myself by this point so I drunk the drink I was carrying for him and went back, via the crazy tree art museum, back to the main part of the park.

By the time I got back my mum was looking for me again, apparently my granddad was running a general knowledge quiz as a kind of side game or something and he needed my say so to adjudicate over a particular answer. CF and MW were playing along with Corby, Dinos and a couple of people I didn't recognise. They were all sat cross-legged around my granddad who was on a stool. It looked like storytelling time at primary school. Anyway the players were looking pretty pissed off and bored. Apparently it transpired that one MW and CF had both given a correct answer to a question but one of them had misspelt one letter in the answer. And because my granddad was being obstinate he had refused to accept either answer without me doing some independent judging on the matter, and had been making them wait for me to get there for about 45 minutes.

So what I did was I went to look for Kirk, who was (no shit) in the Disco Room (proper title) dancing to some god awful music and there was a miniature version of Blackpool Pleasure Beach on a table in the corner of the room under a spotlight (imagine those mock-up models architects use under a glass case). I tell Kirk I need him for something important, and in order to adjudicate as to whether MW or CF had given the correctly-spelt answer, we go off to an on-site pub, find a quiz machine with Hex on it, and keep playing til the answer comes up. Fucking brilliant.

I can't even remember who had spelt the answer correctly, I know we had found out though as we (me, with Kirk in tow) were on our way back to the grassed area where my granddad was doing the general knowledge quiz, when Charlie turned up. He was with this guy who looked really like him - it was instantly obvious he was Charlie's twin brother. Despite the similarities (they had the same basic facial structure), they weren't identical - Charlie's brother had much more ginger hair, was a bit spotty, and, sorry to be un-PC, he was basically just a bit 'special' looking, like something wasn't quite right. Anyway this was the best bit - I went up to Charlie's ugly crazy twin brother and said "Oh, hi Charlie, how you doing? Nice to see you again!" when I knew perfectly well Charlie was standing behind him. I found it to be an absolutely hilarious joke and at this point I woke myself up laughing. All true. Man I love dreams.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Re: C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Post by Ian Dent »

Classic dream. I was a hero in my dream last night, a fucking hero.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Bravo!
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Matt Morrison wrote:had much more ginger hair, was a bit spotty, and, sorry to be un-PC, he was basically just a bit 'special' looking
How did Ryan Taylor get in your subconscious and not me?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Matt Morrison wrote:thought for some reason there was a dreams thread elsewhere but apparently they've just been littered all over the place, so I've begun this one...
You suck.

Cool story, tho.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:I went up to Charlie's ugly crazy twin brother and said "Oh, hi Charlie, how you doing? Nice to see you again!" when I knew perfectly well Charlie was standing behind him. I found it to be an absolutely hilarious joke and at this point I woke myself up laughing.
If you'd managed to stay asleep, you'd have found out that actually Charlie is the ugly twin. Not much of a twist tbf.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

i dream about red rum and Irishmen in Wales.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:had much more ginger hair, was a bit spotty, and, sorry to be un-PC, he was basically just a bit 'special' looking
How did Ryan Taylor get in your subconscious and not me?
Brave. Very brave.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

On a bit of a roll at the moment. Only a quick one from this morning after Heather had gone to work but here goes...

So I was round at Phil Reynolds's house in preparation to watch his and Sue's episode of Pointless (though the dream ended before the episode actually started) (also that's quite weird, a dream set around a specific real life date in the past? maybe, i dunno...)

Anyway Phil was married to a WOMAN. This woman was Julie Russell. They were sitting on an armchair together and in front of them was a little coffee table with three or four 'good luck on Pointless' type cards, by far the biggest and most glamorous of which was one from Ian Volante. It was about 50% bigger than an A4 sheet, and very colourful, with loads of glitter and cartoon-style writing, and silver hearts. It was quite beautiful.

When the dream started the only other person there is me. Except for some reason I'm wearing pyjamas (imagine some proper Wee Willie Winkie outfit) and I'm talking to Phil and Julie whilst lying down on a bed in his little lounge, waiting for Pointless to come on. I say the "only other person" because the weirdest addition to the party is a fucking huge great brown horse that constantly spends the whole dream trotting around all four edges of the room, anti-clockwise. Didn't make a noise, was never referred to at any point, the only real conscious (!) thought I had about it was that every time it passed my head whilst I was lying on the bed I kept thinking "fuck me, I would be dead as you like if that thing decided to just sit on my head", which was a little bewildering.

I need a wee, so I ask Phil, "where is your toilet?" to which he responds "I'm not sure to be honest. I think the last time I saw it it was out there next to the kitchen" whilst pointing towards an open door. Just as I am trying to sit up and then get vertical, the front door bursts open (a real nice mahogany door) and Martin Bishop walks in, wearing black jeans, black shoes, black shirt, with slicked-back black hair. He had no emotion on his face, and just strolled through the lounge towards the door that led to the toilet. He'd managed to time his entrance in such a way that when I stood up and started walking towards the toilet I found myself a pace, no not even that - like, half a pace - behind him so we were basically walking to the toilet together in some military marching slash bus queue frottage line-up. It didn't dawn on me that he was heading to the toilet until he went in and shut the door behind him, so, a little disappointed, I turned back and went back to the lounge.

Phil's black and grey fluffy cat came over to me after that and I stroked him for a bit and then for some reason was trying to pick him up using just one hand which was under his chin. I remember not being able to pick him up like that and then suddenly felt quite guilty about trying, and woke up.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Matt Morrison wrote:On a bit of a roll at the moment. Only a quick one from this morning after Heather had gone to work but here goes...

So I was round at Phil Reynolds's house in preparation to watch his and Sue's episode of Pointless (though the dream ended before the episode actually started) (also that's quite weird, a dream set around a specific real life date in the past? maybe, i dunno...)

Anyway Phil was married to a WOMAN. This woman was Julie Russell. They were sitting on an armchair together and in front of them was a little coffee table with three or four 'good luck on Pointless' type cards, by far the biggest and most glamorous of which was one from Ian Volante. It was about 50% bigger than an A4 sheet, and very colourful, with loads of glitter and cartoon-style writing, and silver hearts. It was quite beautiful.

When the dream started the only other person there is me. Except for some reason I'm wearing pyjamas (imagine some proper Wee Willie Winkie outfit) and I'm talking to Phil and Julie whilst lying down on a bed in his little lounge, waiting for Pointless to come on. I say the "only other person" because the weirdest addition to the party is a fucking huge great brown horse that constantly spends the whole dream trotting around all four edges of the room, anti-clockwise. Didn't make a noise, was never referred to at any point, the only real conscious (!) thought I had about it was that every time it passed my head whilst I was lying on the bed I kept thinking "fuck me, I would be dead as you like if that thing decided to just sit on my head", which was a little bewildering.

I need a wee, so I ask Phil, "where is your toilet?" to which he responds "I'm not sure to be honest. I think the last time I saw it it was out there next to the kitchen" whilst pointing towards an open door. Just as I am trying to sit up and then get vertical, the front door bursts open (a real nice mahogany door) and Martin Bishop walks in, wearing black jeans, black shoes, black shirt, with slicked-back black hair. He had no emotion on his face, and just strolled through the lounge towards the door that led to the toilet. He'd managed to time his entrance in such a way that when I stood up and started walking towards the toilet I found myself a pace, no not even that - like, half a pace - behind him so we were basically walking to the toilet together in some military marching slash bus queue frottage line-up. It didn't dawn on me that he was heading to the toilet until he went in and shut the door behind him, so, a little disappointed, I turned back and went back to the lounge.

Phil's black and grey fluffy cat came over to me after that and I stroked him for a bit and then for some reason was trying to pick him up using just one hand which was under his chin. I remember not being able to pick him up like that and then suddenly felt quite guilty about trying, and woke up.
Haha incredible!
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

OK this isn't as good but I thought it was bloody weird although probably influenced by this thread actually being created.

Annoyingly I can't remember this dream but I thought it was quite a long one, all I do remember is the ending before I was woken up.

I was sat in a darkly lit room sort of like gothic style building and I was sat on a wooden chair with a large back to it. Patsy Kensit (who was dressed like a magician's assistant) reached into the pocket on my shirt and pulled out a folded square bit of paper. And she opened it up and it was one of those fortune teller things with the 8 segments. Those things you make at school as a kid and then you look under the flap. Anyway, Patsy looked confused until a man spoke up who was sitting on a church pew and said "I know what that is!" It was Jon Corby and he came over and although this fortune teller was absolutely tiny he looked under the flaps and read some of the messages. I vaguely can recall what one of them said, something along the lines of "I'd travel anywhere for you north and south". Or something as utterly meaningless and shit as that.

Anyway I think I can explain this dream a bit seen as Jon Corby I'm sure has commented on these fortune teller paper things before somewhere (unless I dreamed that bit too) and Patsy Kensit is a super MILF so that explains why she was there. I'm not sure why it was like in a dark, gothic-style building or what that ambiguous statement under the flap meant.

But yeah, well done Matt, you induced me to dream about Jon Corby.
Last edited by Ryan Taylor on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

I can't believe you had a dream about Julie Russell. You utter cock.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:On a bit of a roll at the moment. Only a quick one from this morning after Heather had gone to work but here goes...

Are you on any medication and if so, where can I get some?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Dent wrote:I can't believe you had a dream about Julie Russell. You utter cock.
Knew you'd enjoy that!
Charlie Reams wrote:Are you on any medication and if so, where can I get some?
I think this is what happens when you give up weed (and has absolutely nothing at all to do with spending much of every day thinking about/playing around on c4c and apterous).
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Anyway I think I can explain this dream a bit seen as Jon Corby I'm sure has commented on these fortune teller paper things before somewhere (unless I dreamed that bit too) and Patsy Kensit is a super MILF so that explains why she was there. I'm not sure why it was like in a dark, gothic-style building or what that ambiguous statement under the flap meant.

If I had a dream about me, Patsy Kensit and flaps, it sure as hell wouldn't go like that.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

I had a dream where I walked into a bush and when I came out I had turned into the letter Y tile they use on the show. Then I realised I could only do one useful thing in my life, so I went to a train station and all the other tiles were there. The woman in the window said that we would have to go in the mail carriage so we did. We then eventually got to Manchester and went to the ITV studios. Then this random fat guy in a checked shirt picked us all up and put us in this alcove. Then Rachel picked me up, and I was the third letter on the rack. Then I got used by someone in the words UNEASILY and SANELY. The next day I watched Countdown and realised the dream may have been true. The End.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon Corby wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Anyway I think I can explain this dream a bit seen as Jon Corby I'm sure has commented on these fortune teller paper things before somewhere (unless I dreamed that bit too) and Patsy Kensit is a super MILF so that explains why she was there. I'm not sure why it was like in a dark, gothic-style building or what that ambiguous statement under the flap meant.

If I had a dream about me, Patsy Kensit and flaps, it sure as hell wouldn't go like that.
Believe me it's not the way I wanted the dream to go either. Jon Corby would kill any erection.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Jon Corby would kill any erection.
'Kill' by slowly bleeding it dry?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon Corby wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Jon Corby would kill any erection.
'Kill' by slowly bleeding it dry?
You vulgar, vulgar man!

But, yeah.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Joseph Krol wrote:I had a dream where I walked into a bush and when I came out I had turned into the letter Y tile they use on the show. Then I realised I could only do one useful thing in my life, so I went to a train station and all the other tiles were there. The woman in the window said that we would have to go in the mail carriage so we did. We then eventually got to Manchester and went to the ITV studios. Then this random fat guy in a checked shirt picked us all up and put us in this alcove. Then Rachel picked me up, and I was the third letter on the rack. Then I got used by someone in the words UNEASILY and SANELY. The next day I watched Countdown and realised the dream may have been true. The End.
You need to see a doctor mate.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Joseph Krol wrote:I had a dream where I walked into a bush and when I came out I had turned into the letter Y tile they use on the show. Then I realised I could only do one useful thing in my life, so I went to a train station and all the other tiles were there. The woman in the window said that we would have to go in the mail carriage so we did. We then eventually got to Manchester and went to the ITV studios. Then this random fat guy in a checked shirt picked us all up and put us in this alcove. Then Rachel picked me up, and I was the third letter on the rack. Then I got used by someone in the words UNEASILY and SANELY. The next day I watched Countdown and realised the dream may have been true. The End.
Y?
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
My eczema must be interfering with my mind! :o
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

So that's where my medication went
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Can't remember much about this dream last night, but I'll give you what I do recall.

I was part of a musical ensemble providing entertainment at some kind of party, which seemed to be in some dark hall or barn or something. I don't think I knew anybody else there, but David O'Donnell was the singer in our band. I was playing some kind of weird instrument which was cylindrical (like a didgeridoo), but with strings round the outside. We started a song which was something about suicide, and I remember thinking that the Manic Street Preachers had sung it (although it wasn't Suicide Is Painless so I probably invented it). We looked on for Doddy to start singing, but he didn't. This threw me totally, and I forgot how to play my instrument.

Spotting the shambles, somebody stepped in and stopped us. I was annoyed, but I looked at Doddy and he was looking uncomfortable so I didn't make a thing of it. Then somebody started a game whereby we were in pairs, and took it in turns to eat the different parts of a coconut, one being a nice bit (which he called 'the fruit') and one being not nice (which was green), but in the game we had to pretend both were delicious.

That's all I remember. Psychoanalysis welcome.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jon Corby wrote: Then somebody started a game whereby we were in pairs, and took it in turns to eat the different parts of a coconut, one being a nice bit (which he called 'the fruit') and one being not nice (which was green), but in the game we had to pretend both were delicious.
You're worried that your life has two sides, only one of which you enjoy, but you are forced to pretend that they are both important to you. I suspect these represent your home life and C4C, although which is which I leave to your interpretation.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

The really annoying thing was I can remember the anticipation I felt before Doddy started singing (and subsequent disappointment) as I wondered what kind of singing voice he had, and that it was slightly surprising he could sing well enough to front a band. Of course in the context of the dream this doesn't make an awful lot of sense as I should have been accustomed to his singing voice considering we were in a band together.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Jon Corby wrote: I was playing some kind of weird instrument which was cylindrical (like a didgeridoo), but with strings round the outside.
Reminds me of my friend's home made 'Wavin'. (The tube she's spinning above her head has nothing to do with it)

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Last night I had this dream where it was the day before COLIN and I was on the bus heading into work and for some reason Josh Hurst was in the seat next to me. We pulled up at the first bus stop in Hykeham and I remarked that one of the people at the bus stop looked a lot like Jono. It turned out it actually was Jono, and he was there along with Charlie, Paul, Conor and about eight other randomers. Long story short, Conor got on the bus but it then drove away, leaving everyone else standing at the bus stop being angry. Conor then wedged himself inbetween myself and Josh and started talking to the person in the seat in front, who I identified as a c4cer but didn't even remotely recognise. The bus then pulled up at the next stop where Jono, Charlie and Paul were somehow already waiting. I then woke up and immediately thought 'damn this thread'. :evil:
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Dreamt about Alec Rivers last night. Not a very exciting dream, he basically resurfaced and I asked where he'd gone but he never actually said. And that is basically that. Then I woke up this morning to find the "Missing People" thread with new posts in it so I wondered if it had actually happened. Turned out it was just Meakin ranting.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Dreamt about Alec Rivers last night. Not a very exciting dream, he basically resurfaced and I asked where he'd gone but he never actually said. And that is basically that. Then I woke up this morning to find the "Missing People" thread with new posts in it so I wondered if it had actually happened. Turned out it was just Meakin ranting.
Well call me fucking Nostradamus. Just got a message through Facebook from Alec in response to a message I sent dated 22nd May 2010. Unbelievable or what? I'm genuinely astounded by this coincidence!!!
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
haha thats true lol :lol:
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

I had a dream where I watched adam g get a score of 181. When I watched the real show I was somewhat disappointed.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Joseph Krol wrote:I had a dream where I watched adam g get a score of 181. When I watched the real show I was somewhat disappointed.
Reported for racism against Jews.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Dreamt about Alec Rivers last night. Not a very exciting dream, he basically resurfaced and I asked where he'd gone but he never actually said. And that is basically that. Then I woke up this morning to find the "Missing People" thread with new posts in it so I wondered if it had actually happened. Turned out it was just Meakin ranting.
Well call me fucking Nostradamus. Just got a message through Facebook from Alec in response to a message I sent dated 22nd May 2010. Unbelievable or what? I'm genuinely astounded by this coincidence!!!
Nice.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

With Apterous down last night (and still down) I had this dream that Charlie was transporting all the hardware from somewhere to somewhere else by car. He was driving but there were three or four passengers all on the back seat. So with everything all in this car, if anything went wrong, the whole of Apterous could be lost. Charlie promptly crashed the car into a field. All the passengers had been thrown out because they weren't wearing seatbelts. Dinos Sfyris was found upside down sticking out of a hole in the ground, but luckily OK and the other passengers were also luckily OK. It wasn't completely confirmed who the other passengers were, but they may have included Hugh Binnie, and the gormless one from the In Betweeners. It seemed for a while that the car might blow up, causing Apterous to be lost, but in the end it didn't.

Presumably this is what has caused the delay.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Just a quick one last night. Heather, Hywel, and I (in that order) had just taken our seats at the desk in The Chase, when the 4th contestant, a fat 50-ish lady with a nasty frown came and sat in the fourth chair as our fellow team mate/contestant. Cue a few confused looks between the three of us. Hywel then beckons Bradley Walsh over, explains to him that DoD is supposed to be the fourth contestant. Bradley apologies, the fat woman walks away, and then Bradley phones up and arranges a plane to fly DoD over to London. Then I wake up. Short and sweet.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Had a dream last night I was at mass (don't go irl except for weddings and funerals) and there was a priest and three alter boys in the seat in front of me. Dinos was one of the alter boys and his arse was hanging out the back of his soutane (cheers countdown). It came time to offer each other the sign of peace and I shook hands with Dinos. Then Dinos offers his hand out again and we shake but its a really awkward shake that goes on too long. Then I shake hands with some other people in the church and all of a sudden I'm in a friends house and my cat is there and I'm smoking a rolly (haven't smoked in over a year) and I ask my friend to remind me to take my cat home the next day.

Ever since I've stopped smoking weed my dreams have been shit. Used to have kick ass lucid dreams all the time, although admittedly they became a bit boring. When I had unlimited scope to do anything I got overwhelmed with choice and couldn't decide what to do so ended up just waking up.

I also went to a dream interpreter once and she told me I was psychic, but then, I don't believe in that kind of thing.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Matt Morrison wrote:CF and MW were playing along with Corby, Dinos and a couple of people I didn't recognise
Gavin Chipper wrote:Dinos Sfyris was found upside down sticking out of a hole in the ground, but luckily OK.
Mark James wrote:Dinos was one of the alter boys and his arse was hanging out
These are all situations I find myself in far too often. Clearly I'm everyone's dream Countdowner.

If you haven't had a dream about me yet, why not? ;)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I was in a video game shop, and for some reason all the games and consoles were kept in vivaria and you had to reach in with hooks to get them like handling venomous snakes. I saw an Xbox 360 which I decided to buy even though I had one already, because it was only £10 or something. Then Neb came over and told me that the currency had just changed and £10 was now a lot of money (he actually conveyed this telepathically but that didn't seem at all remarkable). But I had to save face so I bought it anyway. THE END.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Charlie had this game where there are things written on cards for people to do to the next person in the line. Matt Morrison is first in the line and has to kiss Heather who then has to kiss Charlie. I'm next in line and there's some joking going on that Charlie's gonna have to kiss me, but what he has to do is get me to balance a bottle of water on my arm. Then a guy I went to school with starts holding a lit lighter to my ears. I look at the card with the thing you have to do and there's nothing like that on the card. He says its to get me back for him falling off a wall I got him to climb. Then I go mad and start kicking the shit out of him and saying I never forced him to climb the wall, it was his decision. I was woken up by two cats screeching at each other outside.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

I had some fun dreams about Countdown ages ago but now I can't remember them. I feel less weird now though. Last night I dreamt about a woman in gold who smelt nice.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Jimmy Gough wrote:I had some fun dreams about Countdown ages ago but now I can't remember them. I feel less weird now though. (not this bit)
Same here. I vaguely remember one of them though, I was attending my first CO-event, which took place in an elaborate church somewhere. There were several hundred people (mostly the same 3 or 4 people repeated over and over again) there mingling before the event started. Kirk was walking around the room carrying his Weakest Link board, testing everyone with a conundrum that was written on it, and if you couldn't solve it he would cry. I started chatting to Jimmy and Chris Davies, who both looked nothing like they actually do, and were professional basketball players. Kai wanted a vegetarian lunch, but there wasn't any left, and I felt so bad for him that I immediately went home.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Innis Carson wrote:Jimmy and Chris Davies, who both looked nothing like they actually do, and were professional basketball players. Kai wanted a vegetarian lunch, but there wasn't any left, and I felt so bad for him that I immediately went home.
:lol: Excellent.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Last night, I had this dream where a load of c4cers including me were in this bus going to colin. However, when we got to the memorial hall, we discovered it had been blown up in a recent terrorist attack. We then decided to invade this old biddie's house and have it there.
Somehow we all ended up in this tiny bathroom playing a spoilage 14 rounder. Some guy who none of us knew won it, so we all became angry and attacked him by using a microwave to cause him radiation poisoning. Then Kirk was so distraught that we had done such a thing that he commited suicide. We held a funeral and out of respect all went to the pub and then I woke up.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

"Kirk", "bathroom" and "spoilage" are they key words I have chosen to pick out from your story.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Why did you walk into a bush?
cheers maus
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Thomas Carey wrote:
Why did you walk into a bush?
Because a wild meerkat was in grave danger inside the bush.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

After playing my inspiration in no less than 1..2...3 games last night on apterous, I dreamt we got exactly the same points on the show and He got invited back for a special and it took all of the recording day in Tie Break Conundrums - and we took 9 years to sort it out. :)
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

I had a dream where there was a lady at Tesco and she said to me, "Wolly wolly woo doo" and I said to her, "PO!" and she said to me, "telltubby?" and then a man from the checkout came and sang, "TINKY PINKY" and the lady said, "tinky W W W W WINKAY!" then my mum came and she was singing, "La la, la la, la la...". I said, "POO MUMMY!" joseph came and he had poo all down his trousers and his trousers were ripped and he had a pet owl which was spurting wee onto his head and joseph was just holding it above his head then i went in the car for some stamps from the post office then to get some more stamps from a different post office, consecutively then my pet cat drove us home then i woke up - turns out i was in the car asleep after a night out at a family friend's house. it seems like an untrue dream - too silly even to just be a dream, but honestly it was real! By the way, I know its not about countdown or anything, but i thought i ought to tell you all about it, i find it so funny
Dan McColm
Series 71 Champion

Post by Dan McColm »

Soph K wrote:I had a dream where there was a lady at Tesco and she said to me, "Wolly wolly woo doo" and I said to her, "PO!" and she said to me, "telltubby?" and then a man from the checkout came and sang, "TINKY PINKY" and the lady said, "tinky W W W W WINKAY!" then my mum came and she was singing, "La la, la la, la la...". I said, "POO MUMMY!" joseph came and he had poo all down his trousers and his trousers were ripped and he had a pet owl which was spurting wee onto his head and joseph was just holding it above his head then i went in the car for some stamps from the post office then to get some more stamps from a different post office, consecutively then my pet cat drove us home then i woke up - turns out i was in the car asleep after a night out at a family friend's house. it seems like an untrue dream - too silly even to just be a dream, but honestly it was real! By the way, I know its not about countdown or anything, but i thought i ought to tell you all about it, i find it so funny
wtflulz
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

I had a cracking dream about Charlie last night.

He was at work with me but got promoted because he created Apterous which the Company were very, very keen on.
I was trying to get involved with the project.

And I woke up. Shame.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Good quick one last night.

I was at some kind of Countdown event, only a few people had turned up and I was waiting outside the building. Then Kai and Oli turned up, in separate cars, at about the same time. There was some kind of issue in the air, and I remember saying over and over "It's okay for you two though, because you're so young and good at Countdown that..." and then I can't remember what my point was. Frustrating. Maybe something to do with Ralph Gillions.

Anyway, when Kai arrived, Kai's mum was driving. The whole family except her got out, including this tiny little dog that sat on the ground much like a frog, and was only a little bit bigger than a Rubik's Cube. Having dropped off the family (and the little dog), Kai's mum then pulled away again, running over the dog's back legs in the process. They were real thin legs, and instead of paws he had the sort of feet with suckers on you see on tropical tree-climbing frogs. Both legs were horribly broken and the dog just sat there without really moving just yelping it up. The family rushed round the poor thing, and just wrapped shitloads of sellotape around its legs. I remember seeing it a few minutes later and it was running around absolutely fine, so that was nice.

After they fixed the dog, me and Kai's family went inside and I sat behind a desk which was covered in stacks of paper, with a few loose postcards on it. The way I sat behind it was like I was doing some kind of admin. Kai's dad sat the other side. I have no idea (in real life) what he looks like but he was a cross between Harold Shipman and my granddad, but taller. He seemed like a really nice man, and I impressed (and spooked him) by using mind control levitation tricks to make one or two of the postcards flip over, and then fly around the desk a bit. Was pretty cool.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

At a live countdown event Kai has beaten or is beating Kirk. Kirk is blaming it on being distracted by a guy who does tricks with hats, you know rolling it up his arm on to his head and such like. Despite being upset at losing Kirk was well impressed by the guy's skill and was totally transfixed. It was just at the tail end of a dream and I can't remember any thing else that happened.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Ian Dent wrote:I had a cracking dream about Charlie last night.
I'm sure he'll be flattered.
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Dan McColm wrote:
Soph K wrote:I had a dream where there was a lady at Tesco and she said to me, "Wolly wolly woo doo" and I said to her, "PO!" and she said to me, "telltubby?" and then a man from the checkout came and sang, "TINKY PINKY" and the lady said, "tinky W W W W WINKAY!" then my mum came and she was singing, "La la, la la, la la...". I said, "POO MUMMY!" joseph came and he had poo all down his trousers and his trousers were ripped and he had a pet owl which was spurting wee onto his head and joseph was just holding it above his head then i went in the car for some stamps from the post office then to get some more stamps from a different post office, consecutively then my pet cat drove us home then i woke up - turns out i was in the car asleep after a night out at a family friend's house. it seems like an untrue dream - too silly even to just be a dream, but honestly it was real! By the way, I know its not about countdown or anything, but i thought i ought to tell you all about it, i find it so funny
wtflulz
i know!!!
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Matt Morrison wrote:Good quick one last night.

I was at some kind of Countdown event, only a few people had turned up and I was waiting outside the building. Then Kai and Oli turned up, in separate cars, at about the same time. There was some kind of issue in the air, and I remember saying over and over "It's okay for you two though, because you're so young and good at Countdown that..." and then I can't remember what my point was. Frustrating. Maybe something to do with Ralph Gillions.

Anyway, when Kai arrived, Kai's mum was driving. The whole family except her got out, including this tiny little dog that sat on the ground much like a frog, and was only a little bit bigger than a Rubik's Cube. Having dropped off the family (and the little dog), Kai's mum then pulled away again, running over the dog's back legs in the process. They were real thin legs, and instead of paws he had the sort of feet with suckers on you see on tropical tree-climbing frogs. Both legs were horribly broken and the dog just sat there without really moving just yelping it up. The family rushed round the poor thing, and just wrapped shitloads of sellotape around its legs. I remember seeing it a few minutes later and it was running around absolutely fine, so that was nice.

After they fixed the dog, me and Kai's family went inside and I sat behind a desk which was covered in stacks of paper, with a few loose postcards on it. The way I sat behind it was like I was doing some kind of admin. Kai's dad sat the other side. I have no idea (in real life) what he looks like but he was a cross between Harold Shipman and my granddad, but taller. He seemed like a really nice man, and I impressed (and spooked him) by using mind control levitation tricks to make one or two of the postcards flip over, and then fly around the desk a bit. Was pretty cool.
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (etc etc etc etc) random!
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Had a dream Matt Morrison had stolen some guys guns and then they started to bet over whether Matt would ever use them. Ryan Taylor was supposed to witness the bet but had run off. Then, all of a sudden, Matt's in my house playing Scerwball Scamble while I'm flicking around the channels on the tv. We start watching a kiddie version of countdown but it's kind of like a documentary leading up to the actual show. Then we start having a conversation about jigsaw puzzles we had as kids and Matt mentions one he had of a giant Bob Marley. Then my Ma arrives home with my niece and she tells us about the holiday to Edinburgh she's going on. I think I woke up around this point.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Mark James wrote:Then, all of a sudden, Matt's in my house playing Scerwball Scamble
I absolutely loved this game as a kid!
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Mark James wrote:Then, all of a sudden, Matt's in my house playing Scerwball Scamble
I absolutely loved this game as a kid!
Did you used to cheat by taking the top off the blind maze like Matt was doing in my dream? Don't worry though, I made him put it back on.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

No, I did struggle with the parallel bars though after you spin the ball round on the rotating magnet, but my blind maze skillz were second to none. Needless to say I was the envy of all my friends for my autistically accurate sense of spatial perception. Man I wish they had the puzzle round when I did Krypton Factor!