C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jason William Larsen
Rookie

Re: C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Post by Jason William Larsen » Sat May 30, 2020 12:35 am

Ha!

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sat May 30, 2020 6:42 am

Rhys Benjamin wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 pm
You're right. Maybe I shouldn't offer any further glimpses into my subconsciousnesses.
No, you should.

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:44 am

Had an odd one last night in which Paul Anderson was hosting a Zoomdown match between me and someone on the International Space Station (alternatively, it was Paul on the space station).

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:31 pm

So last night I had a weird one. Essentially, I was in a hotel where the Sheffield-based band Bring Me the Horizon were playing a social-distancing friendly concert. The hotel was shaped like a hollow square with a massive garden in the middle where the band were playing, and everyone was meant to remain in their rooms and watch the concert out their windows. I had it in my mind that the hotel was also in Sheffield, which is impressive on the part of my subconscious as I didn't know until a few minutes ago that BMTH were from Sheffield lol. I was stuck in a room with someone who looked a bit like Petersen from Red Dwarf crossed with Jim Royle who was only interested in getting pissed and watching TV, so I left the room to try to find a better vantage point. I quickly discovered that social distancing had gone completely to pot as a lot of people were milling around in the hotel, including Mark Davies and Matt Bayfield. I head into the main reception of the hotel, which is on two layers, with the top floor essentially being an inverted balcony overlooking the ground floor. A large crowd were gathered, including Zarte and Mike Brown, as either this dream or the one immediately beforehand had had a 'murder mystery' subplot threaded through it that resurfaced in this one. We didn't know who the murder victim or the murderer was, other than Mike saying the corpse 'looked like Tigriti's slippers'. I then wake up.

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:22 pm

Was walking through a train station, Gevin phoned. Sounded pretty panicked, a mix of short-breathed anger and short-breathed about-to-cry. As calmly as he could he informed me that a journalist had approached him and told him they had found out about the fact that he stole a pint of milk from a newsagent when he was 7, or 7 years ago - not sure which - and that the reason was the plugin I had installed for him on his campaign website (I managed the Wordpress installation for him, I think I was some kind of political agent/PA) had some dodgy code in it that had allowed the clever cyber-journalist to somehow learn his historical sins. Gevin was very upset, found it quite hard to speak at all and so I told him that he absolutely needed to get in front of it, prepare an excellent statement that absolved him of any wrongdoing or at least would allay the fears of the voting public, and that I'd speak to him later that evening when he had his fucking shit together a bit more.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:33 pm

I'm OK to speak now.

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:31 pm

I forgot to add that I ended the phone call (after telling you to phone me later on when you were able to actually physically talk) by saying something like "we all care about you Gevin, we all like your personality, we all like your opinions, we all like who are you and what you stand for, I love you".

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:43 pm

You say that in real life as well.