C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Re: C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Post by Elliott Mellor » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Had a dream recently that a society/club was trying to encourage me to sign up whilst telling me they had "a diverse range of virgins". One of their main selling points was that Paul Erdunast was a member.

Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm
Had a dream recently that a society/club was trying to encourage me to sign up whilst telling me they had "a diverse range of virgins". One of their main selling points was that Paul Erdunast was a member.
You just made me snort with laughter and get a bunch of strangers on the bus to give me weird looks. Nice.
* Despite everything, it's still you.

Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Had one last night where I was on apterous, and Rob Foster had just maxed a 15 rounder against Nude (might have been 142-17). Apparently Luke J_D had a tourney to play with him, and they started the game, however everything now turned into a darts match which I am now watching. Both start off with 100 after 3 darts (though the referee called Rob's as 120 for some reason, which was corrected). For some reason then Luke then massively slips and scores like 11 in his next 3 darts (they might have been calling the 5s as 1s and vice-versa at this point), with Rob also slipping a bit. This continues for a good while, including Luke missing the board on all 3 darts at one point. Long story short, Rob wins by finishing with a double top to get 301, with Luke on about 213. I remember thinking this was odd, and wondering why they didn't go to 501 because then Bradley might have had a chance of winning (he had now appeared and apparently either been Luke or my subconscious just thinks he can win games he isn't even playing? I remember him walking off with some people (maybe referees/officials?) through the crowds, because apparently there was whole crowds on an arena like actual darts matches). Then all of a sudden it cuts back to apterous, with Luke and Rob at 0-0 in a 15 rounder. Worth noting I'm spectating, but can actually see the game as if I were playing it. Pretty odd dream in all.

Mark Deeks
Kiloposter

Post by Mark Deeks » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm

I was at Matt Morrison and Heather Badcock's house, which, this being dreamland, was a large and relatively isolated cottage. It was a nice cottage, too, or at least the downstairs kitchen area was. The upstairs, where the front door was located (obviously), was pretty squalid. Moreover, it was badly designed, with the front door located really high up the wall, only big enough to crawl through, and with no stair access to get to it. In hindsight, it was probably a window. But Mark, such a vivid and well-crafted character in this compelling narrative, thought it was a door. He somewhat mockingly asked Matt and Heather how anyone was supposed to enter or exit the property when that was the only door. (They agreed it was the front door, so I wasn't the only fool to be found here.) At this point, James Robinson magically appeared from nowhere, and loudly exclaimed "ohhhh, I get it! The stairs have been built the wrong way around!" Cue much forehead slapping and the beatification of James's genius. There was a whole side tangent to this dream involving babysitting that I cannot remember now.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:40 am

Fun little one last night. I'm at a railway station somewhere in the UK, but a strange one where the platforms are both open and elevated about 30 feet above the concourse so I can see my train (all 35 odd carriages of it) pull in and immediately leave without me. However, James Robinson then arrives to reassure me that a classic apto-c4c dream is impending. I head up to the train platform and begin playing scrabble when Jen, Sara and Zarte (and several others I don't remember the identify of) arrive to play me at the game, which is soon abandoned when Matt Bayfield arrives and asks for a group photo. We look back down to the concourse where another me is sat, and determine that's the best place for the photographer, so we all descend the ladder to the concourse (my dreams are never health and safety compliant). I go first and with the aid of Sara, get Zarte down the ladder (all the while panicking that he's going to step on my head) when all of a sudden, everyone disappears. I occupy the rest of my time in the dream sprinting along supermarket freezer units and doing belly flops onto the floor, all while singing Van Halen and trying not to sing 'Mamma Mia' by Abba. I then wake up.

Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Had one recently where I was living in some building (I think temporarily) with James Robinson and an apterite (who will remain nameless) and a female who is implied to be his girlfriend. Said apterite and his girl are in their room "chatting loudly" and James keeps listening through the wall and being generally quite nosy about what they're doing (I am being, to a lesser degree). He eventually gets impatient and bashes the door down, to discover them on a bed together "talking", returning to me with a horrified expression.

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson » Tue May 28, 2019 6:48 am

Last night's dream starts with me and Mark Deeks walking home from London, having missed a train that was running uncontrollably up and down a length of track. This displeases Mark, who smashes a beer bottle and threatens to cut everyone he sees. Eventually, we end up indoors (in my dreams, every time I walk anywhere, at least part of it is indoors) at the BAFTA nomination ceremony, where everyone is naked but it takes me a while to realise or acknowledge it. The dream ends with me at my brother's* wedding, who's marrying the ex-wife of my brother*, who's also at the wedding.

*Same brother.

Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock » Wed May 29, 2019 2:00 pm

Had a dream that I was playing against James Robinson in a hotel and Zarte rocks up and asks to join in
I am hosting a Co-Event on 31st August if you are free please come down to “The Centre” in Rotherham.My best friend is Dinos Sfyris who will be my co-host for this event

Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Wed May 29, 2019 2:18 pm

Ashton Hancock wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:00 pm
Had a dream that I was playing against James Robinson in a hotel and Zarte rocks up and asks to join in
Wouldn't be the first time Zarte has asked to play with Robbo in a hotel.
go away xoxo

Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock » Wed May 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:18 pm
Ashton Hancock wrote:
Why
I am hosting a Co-Event on 31st August if you are free please come down to “The Centre” in Rotherham.My best friend is Dinos Sfyris who will be my co-host for this event

Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor » Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 pm

Ashton Hancock wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Ashton Hancock wrote:
Why
They like to do ho:events, games in hotels. Typically Countdown but they have been known to play bingo and chess.

Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock » Wed May 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Elliott Mellor wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:20 pm
Ashton Hancock wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Jennifer Steadman wrote:

Why
They like to do ho:events, games in hotels. Typically Countdown but they have been known to play bingo and chess.
I can’t dam believe that I had that dream it must be connected

Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock » Thu May 30, 2019 7:53 am

Had another wired dream last night when I was in a room with Elliott Mellor and Mark Deeks playing Countdown and Innis Carson phones me up and asks if he and Zarte Siempre could come and play and I said yes 5 mins later Robbo and Conor Travers turned up and it ended up a bit like a CO event.

Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock » Fri May 31, 2019 8:23 am

I keep having these dreams last night I was with Zarte in London and we were walking over tower bridge 🌉 then we got to the other side and their was a car with James Robinson Driving and it beeped us so we went up opened the door and James said get in, we both got into the car were in the back seat was Kirk Bevins and he had a game with me and Zarte was in the front seat was counting the scores we drove to a hotel and we all played. Again very wired.

Ashton Hancock
Acolyte

Post by Ashton Hancock » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:43 am

I forgot to add this 1.

About 1.5 weeks ago I had a dream that James Robinson turned up at my house and asked for a game and I said yes and we played a game and he then went home but rang me up 2 hrs later and said he had to come back the next day to pick his game up that he left and did so where we played again and then he finally went home with his game.

Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:07 am

Dreamt last night that I was with a large group of people tasked with designing some sort of flag. For some reason, this flag needed to have a pair of rabbits on it. Mark Deeks, one of the people there, was very set on having a male and female rabbit together on it. I disagreed strongly, insisting this was discriminatory against gay/lesbian/other non-majority sexual groups of rabbits. This then provoked a debate as to whether it was possible for rabbits to be any of these, with Mark insisting it was ridiculous and me insisting it was surely genetically possible. It gets put to the group, and I fail to recall exactly what happened but I think they might have supported Mark. I'm not entirely sure exactly what happened after, sadly.

Jason William Larsen

Post by Jason William Larsen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:37 pm

I dreamed that I was in England and watching Countdown one afternoon and a ridiculously easy numbers game came up. Rachel was not happy with CECIL when he showed it, so when she tried to reactivate CECIL's randomizer, he made a buzzing sound. Rachel had a complete meltdown.

Mark Deeks
Kiloposter

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Brief cameo in an otherwise intricate yet boring dream about me owning a pizza shop - Apterous was now the cramped middle floor of a pub with spectacular cliff side views and a wall made entirely of windows. No word games were played, just darts. Andy Platt laid claim to the pencil for the word "intimidist", which I immediately checked in Lexplorer. Lexplorer was, of course, a stair case that also operated as a time travelling portal, so when I said just then that I "checked" it in Lexplorer, what I mean is I went back in time to the date Andy claimed to have pencilled it. It was November 2010, there were about 14 people there, all men, all playing darts (except Adam Gillard, who was sitting off to the side and who had on a MASSIVE hat). Paul Howe was one of the 14 and was clad head to toe in leather. At this point, I went back to the staircase, the darts was put away and a team quiz began, hosted by an absolutely tiny Indian lady in her 50s. She paired me off with two girls of about 12, and said our question was to work out the three ingredients that go in some cocktail or other. I immediately put a McDonalds paper bag over my head like some kind of wannabe Knightmare contestant and refused to play.

In hindsight, bit of a gay dream with a subtext about weight gain. So, the usual.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:22 pm

Mark Deeks wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 pm
In hindsight, bit of a gay dream with a subtext about weight gain. So, the usual.
A little bit paedo-y and anti-Semitic too.

Mark Deeks
Kiloposter

Post by Mark Deeks » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm

I clearly refused anything paedoey, so good luck making that stick. As for your continued efforts to paint me as some kind of anti-semite, I don't think the mere mention of a massive hat gets it done, you racist.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:

JimBentley
Legend

Post by JimBentley » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Mark Deeks wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:33 pm
I clearly refused anything paedoey, so good luck making that stick. As for your continued efforts to paint me as some kind of anti-semite, I don't think the mere mention of a massive hat gets it done, you racist.
Absolutely, I think Gavin (if that is his real name, I somehow doubt it myself) has gone crazy. Unless of course just mentioning a person who is Jewish (in any context) is now classed as anti-semitism? Actually I would put that past Margaret Hodge in her insane Corbyn-bashing crusade. And it's not as though Mark was dreaming about fucking the 12 year old girls so I don't know where your paedo accusations come from.

In a tenuous link, when Margaret Hodge was leader of Islington Council in the 1980s she was a big paedophile enabler and repeatedly ignored warnings that rampant abuse was going on in the children's homes that were under her remit. After several years of doubling down and smearing the whistle-blowers, she was forced to apologise. Mentioning that probably makes me anti-semitic now, though.

Jason William Larsen

Post by Jason William Larsen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm

JimBentley wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 pm
Mark Deeks wrote:
Absolutely, I think Gavin (if that is his real name, I somehow doubt it myself) has gone crazy. Unless of course just mentioning a person who is Jewish (in any context) is now classed as anti-semitism? Actually I would put that past Margaret Hodge in her insane Corbyn-bashing crusade. And it's not as though Mark was dreaming about fucking the 12 year old girls so I don't know where your paedo accusations come from.

In a tenuous link, when Margaret Hodge was leader of Islington Council in the 1980s she was a big paedophile enabler and repeatedly ignored warnings that rampant abuse was going on in the children's homes that were under her remit. After several years of doubling down and smearing the whistle-blowers, she was forced to apologise. Mentioning that probably makes me anti-semitic now, though.
His real name is Toby.

Mark Deeks
Kiloposter

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:11 pm

Also, the hat was a (particularly massive) sombrero. If anything, that speaks to my desire for greater inclusion and cultural diversity, and frankly I deserve a medal.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:

Marc Meakin
Postmaster General

Post by Marc Meakin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:03 am

I used to get pilloried for feeling rough after drinking too many vodka and oranges because of the excuse I used to give.
'There goes Meakin ,always blaming the Juice '
I didn't have the heart to tell them I'm Jewish on my mother's side
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:52 am

Jason William Larsen wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm
JimBentley wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:09 pm
Mark Deeks wrote:

His real name is Toby.
:o

Fiona T
Acolyte

Post by Fiona T » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Not strictly a dream, but I semi-wake up, and in my hypnagogic state think I'm trying to solve a numbers game from the alarm clock. It's a 4L and the digits are the target. The first two digits are the smalls.

Jason William Larsen

Post by Jason William Larsen » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:42 pm

Wow

Fiona T
Acolyte

Post by Fiona T » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Jason William Larsen wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:42 pm
Wow
Jason does sarcasm! Excellent :lol: :D