C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: C4C/apto/Countdown Dreams

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:59 pm

I HAD ONE WHERE THOMAS CAREY TOOK CONTROL OF MY CAPS LOCK.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Real bummer that that went onto another page.

Edit - And I blame Matt Morrison for using up the last post of the page.

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:05 pm

Right, last night. I was in a house I didn't recognise, basically fleeing from a group of people as part of a game show. The concept was that one person (me) was on the run, a small group of people were tasked with rescuing me, a larger group were tasked with capturing me. A guy called Mike (not Mike Brown, might've been Mike from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul) comes through the front door, explains he's part of the extraction group and we have therefore won (I only win if the rescue group gets to me first). He then goes to make a cup of tea when the capture group arrives, led by Matt Morrison and Heather Badcock. I take great delight in explaining to them that they've lost when Mike reappears, causing the entire capture group to immediately blame Aidan Linge for their failure, while some of them give Matty Artell (who was coordinating the rescue) credit for our win. I then wake up and write down notes of the dream, which yet again turns out to be another sodding dream, so this is written down entirely from memory.

Also, my idea would make an awesome game show. Anyone got any contact details for Granada or anyone like that? :-)

Mark Deeks
Kiloposter

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Paul Erdunast had a cameo in a dream about jumping to collect green sweets in a library. He was, at best, three foot tall.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Zarte Siempre
Kiloposter

Post by Zarte Siempre » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Mark Deeks wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:09 pm
He was, at best, three foot tall.
Your nighttimes have a sense of reality that the rest of us can only dream of.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Right, so last night I find myself zipping back and forth across the Lincolnshire countryside in trains (it's always trains with me for some reason). I'm alternately giving Dan McColm and Dylan Taylor lessons on how to drive a train, which eventually leads to us driving the train to a large room underneath a railway bridge, which as luck would have it, is the secret FOCAL headquarters. Jen is there, in charge of everyone (which at the very least includes Mark Murray, Zarte and Zubair) and she orders me to start folding magazines and stuffing envelopes. I make a plot to nick a copy of the magazine for myself, but wake up before this plan comes to fruition.

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Ben Wilson wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 pm
I'm alternately giving Dan McColm and Dylan Taylor...
:o
Ben Wilson wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:35 pm
...lessons on how to drive a train
:(

Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:31 am

Last night I found myself at a tournament in Peterborough, which I initially assumed was Scrabble but was being run by Zarte in a Bristol-style so god knows. I'm helping out as I did at .co.MK, and then the lunch break is announced, so I head through to the lunch area, which is the crappiest supermarket ever. It's about the size of the playing room at the COLIN hangover, but with shelves around the side that barely have anything on it and about 8 checkouts down the middle, none of which are actually staffed, so everyone just nicks everything from the supermarket and heads back to the playing area.

At the playing area, I help Graeme Cole assemble a six foot tall lego tower, but for some reason, I end up on top of the tower. The inevitable happens, I fall and bang my head, and precisely no one gives a shit and wonders why I (with a gaping head wound) am not up at the front helping with the event. I end up getting directions back to Peterborough rail station (well, actually, I google for directions from Peterborough station to Lincoln station, which is odd as you'd have thought 'on the train' was the winning answer there) from my phone, which displays them as a fancy 3D hologram. I then wake up.

James Laverty
Enthusiast

Post by James Laverty » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:35 pm

Not exactly Countdown related, but I had a dream where my new boss was revealed to be Jen Steadman, and decided everyday at 11 o'clock she was going to throw aubergines at me. I worry for my sanity at times.
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....