Nose hairs

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Nose hairs

Post by Jon Corby »

Over the last few years, my nose hairs have really started going for it. My sister bought me a Remington nose hair trimmer a couple of Christmases ago, but I find I can never get all the buggers. I'll suddenly become aware of one protruding from my nostril when I wipe my nose or have a scratch, and then I get obsessed by it and it bugs me until I pull it out (which is pretty difficult to do with my stubby fingers). So in addition to having unsightly nose hairs sprouting forth, I probably also look like I spend a lot of time picking my nose, which I don't.

Does anyone have a cure? Can I get my nostrils waxed?
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Re: Nose hairs

Post by Karen Pearson »

Get some eyebrow tweezers.

I think the theory goes that if you keep plucking them out, the follicles weaken and the hairs stop growing eventually.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Karen Pearson wrote:Get some eyebrow tweezers.

I think the theory goes that if you keep plucking them out, the follicles weaken and the hairs stop growing eventually.
I've been running on this same assumption/hope. I've managed to pretty consistently yank them out with my thumb and forefinger though, but tweezers are good if you have a huge thatch up there you want shot of.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

More than anything, tweezing is great fun. Not sure about whether it thins them out eventually, it's just great fun. I cry for a while afterwards.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:More than anything, tweezing is great fun. Not sure about whether it thins them out eventually, it's just great fun. I cry for a while afterwards.
I did a big tweezering session last night (having found the tweezers we thought had been missing for the last few months). I could still feel a little curly hair with my fingers that I just couldn't see or seem to be able to get hold of with the tweezers. After seemingly evacuating the whole area bar this one little curl of hair, I was really unsure whether what I had in the tweezers was actually a hair, or whether I was starting to pull away bits of lining or blood vessels, so I got a bit scared to yank and stopped.

It makes my nose run, and then brings on a big sneezing fit. But yeah, it is quite fun.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Yep, fingers for the biggies, tweezers for the awkward ones. I find that the bigger deeper ones don't make my eyes water as much as the ones round the entrance.

Next worry upcoming: ear hair. I found a hair pushing towards an inch long on the mini-lobe in front of my lugoil. Can't understand how I didn't notice it, unless it grew in the space of a few days. Luckily it wasn't thick and black.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ian Volante wrote:Luckily it wasn't thick and black.
Funnily enough, exactly what I was told last night.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:Luckily it wasn't thick and black.
Funnily enough, exactly what I was told last night.
Reported for racism.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

Best thing for these, as well as ear hairs is to be patient and wait a few years. As you get old(er) you don't give a shit.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

John Bosley wrote:Best thing for these, as well as ear hairs is to be patient and wait a few years. As you get old(er) you don't give a shit.
That's certainly the case with my advancing legions of body hair.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Nose hair problem has been definitely getting out of hand. Tried shaving round the edge of my nose with a wet razor but that just seemed to make them angry and give me loads of cuts on the rim of nose. Found my first ear hair today ... may as well break out the shotgun I am fucking passed it.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

David O'Donnell wrote:Nose hair problem has been definitely getting out of hand. Tried shaving round the edge of my nose with a wet razor but that just seemed to make them angry and give me loads of cuts on the rim of nose. Found my first ear hair today ... may as well break out the shotgun I am fucking passed it.
Yeah, even I don't have ear hairs yet, and I'm way older than you.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Jon Corby wrote:
David O'Donnell wrote:Nose hair problem has been definitely getting out of hand. Tried shaving round the edge of my nose with a wet razor but that just seemed to make them angry and give me loads of cuts on the rim of nose. Found my first ear hair today ... may as well break out the shotgun I am fucking passed it.
It gets worse ... it was ginger ... well ginger ... plutonium ginger (that's probably not even a variety of ginger).

PS you're two years older tops and I have hair on practically every part of my body bar the part where it actually counts, yeah that's right: pubic hair.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
It gets worse ... it was ginger ... well ginger ... plutonium ginger (that's probably not even a variety of ginger).

PS you're two years older tops and I have hair on practically every part of my body bar the part where it actually counts, yeah that's right: pubic hair.
I think I can be the one to confirm that plutonium ginger isn't a "variety" of ginger. It's either ginger ot it isn't.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Ryan Taylor wrote: I think I can be the one to confirm that plutonium ginger isn't a "variety" of ginger. It's either ginger ot it isn't.
I knew there was no such colour as "strawberry blonde."
George F. Jenkins
Rookie

Post by George F. Jenkins »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote: I think I can be the one to confirm that plutonium ginger isn't a "variety" of ginger. It's either ginger ot it isn't.
There must a reason for nasal and ear hair. Is it to act as strainers to prevent entry of floating matter? Or was it the residue of the past, when we might have looked like gorillas?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

George F. Jenkins wrote:
David O'Donnell wrote:
There must a reason for nasal and ear hair. Is it to act as strainers to prevent entry of floating matter? Or was it the residue of the past, when we might have looked like gorillas?
Do women get it?
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Not as far as I am aware! Although you do see the odd old lady with some chin hair!

But a friend, who is a (fair) bit older than me, tells me that in some places women's hair starts to thin out.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Karen Pearson wrote:in some places women's hair starts to thin out.
Is Eastbourne one of them? Last time I was in Eastbourne I saw an old lady who practically had a combover.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

My mother has a moustache.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ryan Taylor wrote:My mother has a moustache.
I know, it tickles.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:My mother has a moustache.
I know, it tickles.
Like Heather's vajayjay.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Like Heather's vajayjay.
I would, but Likes are still broken.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Jon Corby wrote:
Karen Pearson wrote:in some places women's hair starts to thin out.
Is Eastbourne one of them? Last time I was in Eastbourne I saw an old lady who practically had a combover.
:D Yeah basically everyone in Eastbourne is old. I think Jack would like it here.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jon Corby wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Heather's vajayjay.
I would.
I bet.
Heather Badcock

Post by Heather Badcock »

Charlie Reams wrote: