PS3 Gamers

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

PS3 Gamers

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Is there anyone here who has a PS3 and a copy of GTA IV?

In my opinion, GTA IV is one of best games ever to come out on the PS3 (Burnout Paradise looks awesome too, but I can't afford it yet).

The graphics on the game are absolutely brilliant and the gameplay is very good indeed. The missions are easy to complete (for now :lol:) and when you are not doing missions you can date Michelle (and thrash her at Darts, Pool and Bowling :mrgreen:) or have a boys night out with Roman and enjoy the Strip Clubs etc. Drink-driving while the cops are chasing after you is also quite fun :D.

The Ice Cream truck's jingle is a laugh too :lol:.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: PS3 Gamers

Post by Ben Wilson »

I've got it on the 360- which is apperently the superior version, oddly. The minigames are fun but I'm really enjoying the missions right now. :)

EDIT: And on the topic of dating...

Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Also when it comes to the internet play, which most people have been having problems with, the people who have been having the most problems are the PS3 owners, though a few 360 owners have too.
Connected Internet wrote:Blogs and forums are already aflame over Grand Theft Auto IV freezing during or after the opening cutscene. According to several rumours this happens on both Playstation3 and Xbox360, but not to every gamer. Rockstar hasn’t officially confirmed the problem and there is no fix released yet. Most of the crashes happens on Playstation3s with 60 Gb hard drive, though several Xbox360 owners have the same problem.
In fact this happened with my brother and something happened, don't know what and everything of his ended up corrupted (all his game saves, downloaded games etc).
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

I've got it, and it's absolutely amazing (yes, my parents do know). The graphics, the gameplay, the likeability... It's brilliant. If you haven't got it, then either I'm sorry you can't afford it or you've been living underground.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I'm still in San Andreas, but I'm catching up fast!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Joseph Bolas wrote: and when you are not doing missions you can date Michelle (and thrash her at Darts, Pool and Bowling :mrgreen:)
Just do that in real life - much more satisfying.