Openbook

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Openbook

Post by Charlie Reams »

This very forum recently saw the hilarious results of the assumption that Facebook cares about your privacy. Here's some more fun times.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Openbook

Post by Matt Morrison »

Saw this on your status earlier, I didn't really do much research into where they get the data from (maybe these are all the idiots who have agreed to share their data with some dodgy application), but I did a quick check for a keyword in both my status and yours, neither came up.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:maybe these are all the idiots who have agreed to share their data with some dodgy application
Nope, it's all done through Facebook's own API and includes everyone's status. (They explain this somewhere on Openbook.) After I reposted one of the hilarious "omg England flag" statuses as my own, I saw myself show up in the search results, so maybe you just missed us, or there's some latency in the system.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

This post contains spoilers for the edition of Countdown broadcast on the 16th August 2010.

I like to see what other Facebookers are chatting about at certain times of the day so it wasn't surprising to find some of these on Openbook when I searched "countdown". I filtered these out as the better ones or at least more interesting/controversial ones.

Facebookers on Rachel Riley...

Tom Richards Still infatuated with the latest countdown girl, Rachel Riley :)
This guy is under the impression that Countdown goes through girls at a fast rate. Either way clearly a lot of Rachel fans out there as seen from these ones also...

Conor Moloney Rachel from countdown.... BAM!
I prefer the word "spaff".

Stewart Dickson Cant get enough of Rachel from Countdown, she cheers me up everyday when she comes on and does her thing! What a woman! :)
Potential stalker.

Facebookers on Jeff...

Kirsty Bradley-Hay loves how unfunny the countdown presenter is
Presumably one of many who don't see the funny side to the main man.

Facebookers on the occasion...

Sam Johnson is watching the ultimate countdown grudge match

Dan Nichol Countdown is tense today.

Joe Eubel is experiencing the most enfrauling game of countdown! watch this space, this game is going down in the record books
Not the best speller but at least he's enjoying himself.

Freddie Rawson Massive game on countdown

Josh Kelsall Another epic battle on countdown today.

John Valenti Jeff stepping just described this episode of countdown as 'the ultimate countdown grudge match.'
This guy either has fat fingers or really has no idea about Jeff Stelling.

Chris Donnelly that oxford vs cambridge episode of Countdown was epic...rachel still spanked them at maths tho!
Appreciative of a great game we witnessed.

Facebookers on the nasty numbers game...

Michael Boyland cannot believe that cheeky 62 in the numbers round on countdown.

Michael 'Rosy' Rosefield had Countdown on in the background and saw 87 come up as a tile in the numbers game. What fresh hell is this?

Aston Perrin since when have 83 and 37 been numbers on countdown?

Tim Morton since when was there a 37 in the countdown numbers round?

Steve Kemp they changed the countdown numbers game! bastards!!

Hetty Austin Since when did the Countdown numbers get difficult?!

Pretty funny comments here as the change of numbers confused a lot of people. Great reactions to the nasty numbers.

Facebookers who are bullshitting...

Oliver 'Jim' Fisher is debating whether to apply for Countdown as i am on FIRE! Vowels, constenants and numerical data are my calling!
He can't spell consonant correctly so I don't hold much hope for this gobshite. If we do see Oliver Fisher on our screens in the not too distant future then I'm guessing he will leave teapot-less.

Andrew Wightman Leo just got a nine letter word on countdown and solved a very difficult numbers challenge. At only two weeks, I find this amazing
No nine was available at any point in the show and I imagine the "very difficult numbers game" was the first one!

Facebookers who steretype...

Kenni Campbell Lying on the couch, watching countdown. I feel so unemployed...
Sums it up quite well actually.

Tom Jenkins woke up from my nap to the tune of countdown, god i feel old!
Another one who views Countdown as an old persons show.

Dan Green just watched the last half of Countdown and actually took interest. Am I getting old before my time?
And again he thinks it is for old people although he kinda liked it so another recruit!

Facebookers who hate Countdown...

Jody Ogston Countdown has to be the worst program on tv..
I suggest public execution for this girl.

Vicky Bennett i cant believe im watching countdown.
Fairy muff.

Harriet Latter definitely know i've wasted the day when countdown comes on
What's wrong with Countdown bitch?!

Morgan Cubberley Mum has countdown on and won't change over "/
Your mum clearly has something about her unlike her fuckwit of a child. Burn in hell!

Facebookers who were pleasantly surprised by Countdown...

Michael Buddy Rinaldi So the "Tea Time Teaser" on Countdown is C R U E L F A G. Sadly this is the highlight of my day.
This TTT made a few people chuckle.

Jamie Brownson The Clash baring in my ears and Countdown -they complement each other weirdly!
Clearly a bit of a loon. Although The Clash are good but I'd never mix the two.

Steve Jackson is going to start watching countdown more often!!
This guy should probably be told about the forum.

Facebookers who are shit at Countdown...

Becky Leek Watchin countdown and finding it hard to get more than 4 letter words...UWE must be proud! Hah
Considering you can't spell "watching" I would say 4 letters is pretty good going for your intellect. And wtf is "UWE"?

Rikki Rikstar Perryment At aunty rhondas house watching countdown with Steve phahahah these words are so hard my longest word was 4 letters loos xxxxx
Just happy to be playing along. Clearly a retard though.

Scott Postin Countdown is fuckin hard!! Lol
Someone who just simply cannot do it. We were probably all like it at one point. Actually, no we weren't. We're not morons.

Facebookers who love Countdown...

Andy Payne got back just in time for countdown. Thank god
Dedicated follower of Countdown!

Matthew Bcfc Morris I'm watching Countdown!!!
Almost MWM's name. :o

Facebookers on Charlie and Junaid...

Danny Crossland Watching countdown I'm that bored.. And that asian lad needs to smile the miserable fuck!!
A pretty harsh comment, the serious persona by both was part of the drama today.

Jack Appleyard SOMEONE ON COUNTDOWN THOUGHT WISHIER WAS A WORD, MEANING 'MORE WISHY' AHAHHAAHA
The guy types in caps locks...that's all you need to know.

Sunny Guynumbertwo Leatham Watching countdown. I dunno why I am. But Daaaaamn, They smart...
Genuine admiration for Charlie and Junaid. Hooray!

Aaron Fletcher Wers countdown filmed? Gna drive down kwik time n wait for dat paki outside. Wanker
Someone that planet earth wouldn't miss or mind being shot several times then sliced into tiny pieces. A true cunt in every sense of the word and a racist prick. Lynching anybody?

Harry Hogg wants to flick the smarmy guy on countdown right on the forehead!! cheeky little git. so what if u can reach 637 with some random numbers try figuring out why noel edmunds is still on tv!!!
I wonder which one he thought was smarmy?

Thomas 'Grizzler' Stow Wow this Countdown contestant is charismatic.......That's a sentence I never thought i'd say.
And I also wonder which one he thought was charismatic?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Haha, nice work.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Nice one. Also UWE is presumably the University of the West of England, which explains that one.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Michael Wallace wrote:Nice one. Also UWE is presumably the University of the West of England, which explains that one.
Now I look like the thick twat! I thought it was her way of spelling "you". :oops:
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Pretty cool, thanks for compiling those. I love the idea of that racist prick standing outside ITV Manchester all week waiting for Junaid to come out. They're sneaky, those brown ones.
Ryan Taylor wrote: Andrew Wightman Leo just got a nine letter word on countdown and solved a very difficult numbers challenge. At only two weeks, I find this amazing
No nine was available at any point in the show and I imagine the "very difficult numbers game" was the first one!
Maybe he got the conundrum before me. He is pretty amazing, you know.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Charlie Reams wrote:Pretty cool, thanks for compiling those. I love the idea of that racist prick waiting outside ITV Manchester all week waiting for Junaid to come out. They're sneaky, those brown ones.
Ryan Taylor wrote: Andrew Wightman Leo just got a nine letter word on countdown and solved a very difficult numbers challenge. At only two weeks, I find this amazing
I don't think Hansford could have got that conundrum faster.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Pretty cool, thanks for compiling those. I love the idea of that racist prick waiting outside ITV Manchester all week waiting for Junaid to come out. They're sneaky, those brown ones.
I don't think Hansford could have got that conundrum faster.
I did, and I'm crap at conundrums.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Aaron Fletcher Wers countdown filmed? Gna drive down kwik time n wait for dat paki outside. Wanker
Someone that planet earth wouldn't miss or mind being shot several times then sliced into tiny pieces. A true cunt in every sense of the word and a racist prick. Lynching anybody?
He could have been referring to Charlie here. If anyone knows this punk "Aaron" tell him I'm ready for him. I've recently watched the Karate Kid remake and it turns out kung fu ain't as hard as everyone thinks.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Haha how did I miss this thread before?

That's quite cool....but why would these two people have exactly the same status, both put on 2-3 hours ago:

John Bagnall I got aroused watching Countdown the other evening. Not bad, 7 letters.

Ramsay Lohan I got aroused watching Countdown the other evening. Not bad, 7 letters.

Edit: Make that 3:

Craig Johnston got aroused watching Countdown the other evening. Not bad, 7 letters.

(at least he took out the 'I')

And 4?

Andrew Crutchley I got aroused watching Countdown the other evening.Not bad, 7 letters.

And 5...

Russell Lewis I got aroused watching Countdown the other evening. Not bad, 7 letters.

I'm getting bored now. Think of original statuses for fuck sake.
Last edited by Kirk Bevins on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Search for "apterous" yielded this: Mike Dickson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGZ_IPLfdKg From their new album Antichrist. Akercocke - My Apterous Angel

He looks an interesting gentleman.

And a related teaser: anagram of ASSISTANT
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:Pretty cool, thanks for compiling those. I love the idea of that racist prick standing outside ITV Manchester all week waiting for Junaid to come out. They're sneaky, those brown ones.
He's two weeks old ffs, cut him some slack.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Aaron Fletcher Wers countdown filmed? Gna drive down kwik time n wait for dat paki outside. Wanker
Dammit. I missed the "that's no way to talk about Junaid, Ryan, you're beginning to sound like Aaron" joke.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Aaron Fletcher Wers countdown filmed? Gna drive down kwik time n wait for dat paki outside. Wanker
Someone that planet earth wouldn't miss or mind being shot several times then sliced into tiny pieces.
Agreed, I can't abide txt speak either.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

I don't mind TXT speak that much.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Not a bad distraction.

(edit: basically, I reckon it needs a bit of tweaking, but I appreciate the concept and it's good for a few minutes)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Michael Wallace wrote:Not a bad distraction.

(edit: basically, I reckon it needs a bit of tweaking, but I appreciate the concept and it's good for a few minutes)
Most of those comments aren't even anything special.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Michael Wallace wrote:Not a bad distraction.

Ha. I came across a few good ones. Pretty funny really.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Ryan Taylor wrote: I came across a few
Already?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

James Doohan wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote: I came across a few
Already?
I knew someone would make a joke about that. You fucking paedo.