Trade Secrets

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Trade Secrets

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:34 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:49 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:46 pm
Instead of snacking on unhealthy potato crisps, trying Yushoi. They're much healthier and actually taste quite nice. The "plain" flavour have 19.4 grams of protein per 100 grams, compared to 6.1 for Walkers plain. And they're baked rather than fried. I'm not going to pretend they're better than good crisps, but for a daily thing rather than a special treat, I think they work very well.
Just bought some yushoi.....will give my feedback in due course
Very nice.... Low calorie high protein .
Pea based snacks sounds a lot worse than what they tastes like
Success!

Fiona T
Enthusiast

Post by Fiona T » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am

Found this today

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/com ... rrier_bag/

I haven't been so excited since I learned to fold a fitted sheet. :D
8-) <-2m-> 8-)

Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:51 am

Fiona T wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am
Found this today

That's great until the person opens a drawer full of them. Clearly a lack of understanding about bags for life!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles

Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post

Post by Marc Meakin » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:04 pm

Ian Volante wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:51 am
Fiona T wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am
Found this today

That's great until the person opens a drawer full of them. Clearly a lack of understanding about bags for life!
How do you fold a fitted sheet ?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Fiona T
Enthusiast

Post by Fiona T » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:30 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:04 pm

How do you fold a fitted sheet ?
LMGTFY ;)
8-) <-2m-> 8-)

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 am
I'll start: don't use cotton buds for cleaning your ears. They are useless. Use Bic pen lids. They're sturdy so you can scrape all the wax off the ear walls, or whatever you call it, they won't fall off, they go in the perfect depth (for me) before it starts getting uncomfortable, and they're cheap as hell.

Over to you.
I took this one stage further today. I had something in my eye which I couldn't get out after being out on a run. It wasn't in the normal place where things end up - under the bottom eyelid where it might migrate to the inner corner. No, this was under the upper eyelid towards the outer corner, and if anything it seemed to be getting more and more out of reach, like it was going to disappear into my brain. I gave up with it for a bit and came back to it, hoping that it might have become more accessible, but I couldn't even see it at all! I could then make it out when I lifted up my eyelid as much as I reasonably could and looked down. Anyway, doing that created a gap, but there was no way my finger was going to get close to it, so I managed to get it with the Bic without touching the sides. Unfortunately I've now got a load of earwax in my eye.*

Don't try this at home.

*Obviously not.

Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post

Post by Marc Meakin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:18 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Jon O'Neill wrote:
I'll start: don't use cotton buds for cleaning your ears. They are useless. Use Bic pen lids. They're sturdy so you can scrape all the wax off the ear walls, or whatever you call it, they won't fall off, they go in the perfect depth (for me) before it starts getting uncomfortable, and they're cheap as hell.

Over to you.
I took this one stage further today. I had something in my eye which I couldn't get out after being out on a run. It wasn't in the normal place where things end up - under the bottom eyelid where it might migrate to the inner corner. No, this was under the upper eyelid towards the outer corner, and if anything it seemed to be getting more and more out of reach, like it was going to disappear into my brain. I gave up with it for a bit and came back to it, hoping that it might have become more accessible, but I couldn't even see it at all! I could then make it out when I lifted up my eyelid as much as I reasonably could and looked down. Anyway, doing that created a gap, but there was no way my finger was going to get close to it, so I managed to get it with the Bic without touching the sides. Unfortunately I've now got a load of earwax in my eye.*

Don't try this at home.

*Obviously not.
The best cotton wool earbud have a corkscrew tip

Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Jon O'Neill wrote:

Over to you.

Don't try this at home.

*Obviously not.
That is horrific.
I hope this ends the one-upping.

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:11 pm

yeah that's fucking horrible gevin

Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post

Post by Marc Meakin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Defo wear a visor rather than a face mask indoors at least, i e. at work

Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:13 am

Marc Meakin wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 pm
Defo wear a visor rather than a face mask indoors at least, i e. at work
One bonus of the visor over the face mask is that it stops you doing stupid shit like shoving pen lids in your eyes.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.

Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 am

I like to add a slight honey taste to otherwise plain cereals like Shreddies (with milk). To do this normally requires copious amounts of honey in the bowl to retain the slightest taste in each spoonful. I've found that if you dollop a small splodge of honey on the spoon instead (either side) then it tends to gradually disappear as you work your way through the bowlful and you still have a honey taste right through to the end, having only used a blueberry-sized amount.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."