The Evil of Video Games

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

The Evil of Video Games

Post by Michael Wallace »

Alan Titchmarsh hosts a fair and balanced discussion of the latest(?) threat to the world's youth.

I'm not sure this merits any discussion actually, given how soundly they put the argument to bed. Time for some Tetris.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Re: The Evil of Video Games

Post by Alec Rivers »

Anagram of ALAN TITCHMARSH = THAT ANAL SMIRCH
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

One of the comments from a poster underneath:

"I feel really sorry for the journo. The others are just talking shit and he’s sat there reapeating that you shouldn’t buy your kids adult rated games while they witter on about kids playing adult rated games! Tossers"

I completely agree. The woman said she disagrees with violence being used in entertainment and the audience applaud. Yeah, nice one. That wipes out 75% of films then. Idiot.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Fucking Hell. It's one thing to have two of the panel against one but to have the host joining in as well made the whole thing a bit ridiculous.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Fucking Hell. It's one thing to have two of the panel against one but to have the host joining in as well made the whole thing a bit ridiculous.
I think my favourite contribution of gardener man was when he seemed to forget that you can watch films in the comfort of your own home these days.
Ross M

Post by Ross M »

Politicians and the media are always having a go at videogames but the content of literature is often far more sick and disturbing than their digital counterparts. Also, books don't seem to have any kind of recommended age guidelines regardless of whatever violent and/or sexual descriptions a book may contain. There's certainly a few novels in my bookcase I wouldn't want a youngster to read!

I've yet to hear an explanation for the difference in attitudes towards these forms of media. Perhaps the government has simply given up on the idea of children reading altogether!