Tim Vine

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Gordon

Tim Vine

Post by Gordon »

Hi
I have 2 tickets to see the comedian Tim Vine in London on 14th May which i'm now unable to use,if anyone would like to purchase these tickets send me a PM.

Thanks

Gordon

PS - Charlie Reams I sent you a PM to ask if it'd be ok to post this kind of message on the message boards but you didn't reply,so I have posted it anyway.If you feel the need to lock or delete this post do so
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Tim Vine

Post by Charlie Reams »

I got a PM from you but it said it had "been deleted before it had been delivered", so I assumed you'd changed your mind about messaging me.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Hi Charlie
After sending you the PM I noticed I had made a spelling mistake in the subject title of the PM so I corrected the spelling error and sent you the message again but obviously you didn't get the new message.

Gordon
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Is Tim Vine the guy, who hosted a programme called Fort Boyard Takes On The World, in which he shows how different countries play Fort Boyard?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Yes I think he presented that programme although I didn't watch it.

Gordon
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Joseph Bolas wrote:Is Tim Vine the guy, who hosted a programme called Fort Boyard Takes On The World, in which he shows how different countries play Fort Boyard?
It's a shame that's how you identify him, as he is a massively underrated comic in my opinion.

How much are the tickets? Let me know if the value ever drops to £0 :D
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Corby wrote:
Joseph Bolas wrote:Is Tim Vine the guy, who hosted a programme called Fort Boyard Takes On The World, in which he shows how different countries play Fort Boyard?
It's a shame that's how you identify him, as he is a massively underrated comic in my opinion.

How much are the tickets? Let me know if the value ever drops to £0 :D
Thats the only time I have seen Tim Vine on TV. His voiceover on some of the games etc is quite funny.
M. George Quinn
Acolyte

Post by M. George Quinn »

I can't remember him in that Fort Boyard thing but I do remember he hosted a very crappy daytime quiz show.

He's in that sit-com with Lee Mack which is pretty funny. His stand-up acts pretty unique and often hilarious. Since he does so much wordplay a lot of his jokes get passed around the internet and are often wrongly attributed to Tommy Cooper.

I sent him a joke I'd written once and he said he was going to use it. I wonder if he did/does.

George
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

M. George Quinn wrote:I can't remember him in that Fort Boyard thing but I do remember he hosted a very crappy daytime quiz show.
You're right, he hosted the general knowledge game show Whittle. How did I forget that :oops:.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Whittle was really good! I liked it a lot, although maybe that's because the whole thing was made to appear completely absurd by Tim Vine. It wasn't a bad concept for a gameshow (and probably predates almost all of the "audience as contestant" shows that have been on since) and with a different host it could've gone in a totally different direction. Probably not a good one, though.

The thing I remember most about it is that at some point, contestants had to put on these really weird yellow masks, which made them look seriously disturbing. I forget why. I'm sure it made some vague sense at the time, but still seemed slightly...odd.

All that said, Tim Vine was the best thing about it. His brother's Jeremy Vine, you know?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

jimbentley wrote:His brother's Jeremy Vine, you know?
Yes, I knew that. David Vine is their father.
M. George Quinn
Acolyte

Post by M. George Quinn »

He also has a pet cow called Bo.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Seems like I have started quite a debate about Tim just from trying to sell some tickets which are yet to be snapped up by the way!.

Gordon
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Are you still in possession of these tickets Gordon?
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Yes I still have the tickets,no buyers for them so far.

Gordon
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Gordon wrote:Yes I still have the tickets,no buyers for them so far.

Gordon
I see.

What is the face value, and how much are you looking to sell them for?
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

How could we forget his Fame Academy appearance late 2006?

I don't know if we are allowed to post links here, but here's a taster of Tim Vine. If you like it, send me £10 it would have cost you for the tickets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eshR-Wpd ... re=related