Carol on The Apprentice

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Carol on The Apprentice

Post by Allan Harmer »

I have just watched Carol dressed up in her tight black velcro suit helping promote their product on The Apprentice with Ruby Wax + Co.

From what I saw, I must agree that it was more of a product for the over 50's rather than 5-8 year old kids. ;)

Hopefully, I will be able to get my blood pressure back to somewhere near normal sometime later this evening. :D
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Re: Carol on The Apprentice

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

I'd rather have seen Rachel in it!
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

I was pleased to see Carol on our screens too. :D And I loved that she did some quick sums on a couple of occassions too while the others tried to add up. :lol:
More tomorrow night I think...

I thought the boys idea was great too. I couldn't see the problem with the costs of 50 moulds to make them. Gogos http://www.magicboxint.com/gogos2008UK/gogos.html are a huge hit with all the kids I know (from Brighton to Edinburgh and in between) and there are 80 moulds and they sell at 99p for a 3 pack. :| Though the ones being pitched did look a bit more intricate than Gogos but I'm sure they could have been worked on.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Good lady, Carol!
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Lesley Jeavons wrote:I was pleased to see Carol on our screens too. :D And I loved that she did some quick sums on a couple of occassions too while the others tried to add up. :lol:
More tomorrow night I think...
It was nice to see Carol again on TV and that Stick Stuck idea was brilliant :D

I do hope there is more on tomorrow night :D
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

I saw her on TV...but only at the very end of the show. I intend to watch it today.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

I, too, thought the boys' idea was more marketable. Don't see how the velcro suits will sell at all.
But, then, I have 4 sons, so maybe I'm more tuned in to boys toys.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

Julie T wrote:I, too, thought the boys' idea was more marketable. Don't see how the velcro suits will sell at all.
But, then, I have 4 sons, so maybe I'm more tuned in to boys toys.
I totally agree Julie - My son is a collectaholic so I think the boys had the right idea but Gerald Ratner was crap at selling it. :D
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

You can watch TV online anytime nowadays!
Pete Fraser

Post by Pete Fraser »

Lesley Jeavons wrote:I was pleased to see Carol on our screens too. :D And I loved that she did some quick sums on a couple of occassions too while the others tried to add up. :lol:
I recorded this last night and watched it earlier. Bloody hell, did you see Jonathan Ross looking amazed at Carol doing a not-very-hard bit of arithmetic like he'd never heard of the concept of numbers? Strewth. You know what the BBC should do to save money? Halve his salary but tell him it's a raise. I don't think he'd know the difference.
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

I was impressed by Jonathan Ross' knowledge of Pokemon, though there are 493 of them, not 350. He only got up to Sapphire/Ruby!
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Carol also appeared on the first episode "The Apprentice: You're Fired" last night on BBC2, where she spoke about her time on the Comic Relief version.

Amazingly she wasn't the loudest celebrity on last night's show though - that honour went to Argumental's Rufus Hound, who shouted so loud it even drowned out her guffawing.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Derek Hazell wrote:Amazingly she wasn't the loudest celebrity on last night's show though - that honour went to Argumental's Rufus Hound, who shouted so loud it even drowned out her guffawing.
Rufus is always loud though. He was loud on Vorderman's Big Brain Game.