SNOW!

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

SNOW!

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Bit late perhaps but does anyone have any decent stories/pics of fun scenes in the snow. There was a pic in the papers of David Cameron and Vorders building a snowman. Me and Emma (well mostly me) built a snowman on Monday. Pics are on facebook so you might have to add me/Emma as a friend to see them http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 378&ref=nf
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Re: SNOW!

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Pics are on facebook
I can't get facebook, I'm too young :x
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Post by Debbi Flack »

Ah, cute! (The piccies, not you Kai ;) )
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
can't you just lie about your age? i'm sure that's how my sister managed to do it, she's been on for the last few years since she was about 14.

nice pics tho Dinos! didn't get enough snow for a snowman down here in Devon! :(
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

Despite the fact that our snow couldn't really be bothered, I still got out of school early to get home and had snow fights and everything, so it was good enough! Apparently it'll snow tonight, but enough for a snow day? My friend's been absent for 2 days, and yesterday (when the snow was at its worst) someone who lived about 10 minutes away from school didn't make it in. I live 30 mins- 1 hour away from school (depending on the traffic), got stuck going home for 4 hours in snow once and I made it in fine!
Neil Zussman
Enthusiast

Post by Neil Zussman »

Slipped over on the stuff this morning. I hate snow :evil:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Neil Zussman wrote:Slipped over on the stuff this morning. I hate snow :evil:
don't get it confused with ice Zussman! Ice is annoying, snow is bloody great. And don't you forget it.
Neil Zussman
Enthusiast

Post by Neil Zussman »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Neil Zussman wrote:Slipped over on the stuff this morning. I hate snow :evil:
don't get it confused with ice Zussman! Ice is annoying, snow is bloody great. And don't you forget it.
Snow and Ice go hand-in-hand. Bring on global warming, I say!
Edit: Awesome I'm a rookie now 8-)
Ross M

Post by Ross M »

All we've got here in Inverness is rain. Very dissapointing. :(
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Snow's nice, when you are not outside whilst it's snowing :lol:

My brother made a snowman on top of his shed and then shot it the day after with his pellet gun :lol:
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:
can't you just lie about your age? i'm sure that's how my sister managed to do it, she's been on for the last few years since she was about 14(
The age limit is 13 anyway. :(
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Nice work. He's either shat himself or you've actually just created a 3D thought bubble.
Kai Laddiman wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote: I can't get facebook, I'm too young :x
can't you just lie about your age? i'm sure that's how my sister managed to do it, she's been on for the last few years since she was about 14(
The age limit is 13 anyway. :(
Ah, not too long to wait then. When is your 13th birthday?
Callum Laddiman
Rookie

Post by Callum Laddiman »

His birthday is 14th November Matt.
Oh, don't you just love pets..... Ahhhhhhh......
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Matt Morrison wrote:
Nice work. He's either shat himself or you've actually just created a 3D thought bubble.
The latter was what I suggested it looked like as I was building it (I was with CF, I wasn't just talking to myself).
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

Liking the hitai-ate forehead protector thing! What village is it? It's not Konoha! Or Suna or the misty one. Is it the rock one? No, wait, I'm not sure! Enlighten me please! You could have given your snow ninja arms and then made it do a hand sign :D
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Hannah O wrote:Liking the hitai-ate forehead protector thing! What village is it? It's not Konoha! Or Suna or the misty one. Is it the rock one? No, wait, I'm not sure! Enlighten me please!
It's Kusagakure (it belongs to the other half - he likes tigers and it's the most tiger-y village we could think of) - there's a team from there who appear in the Chuunin exams for, like, five minutes, which would explain why you might not recognise it.
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

Ah! I see! Right now I'm at home due to snow, and I might go out and play in it later. I'm not sure...
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

We had enough yesterday for a nice icing sugar effect on the frozen canal, and about six hours of proper stuff on the ground on Monday. That's pretty good for Edinburgh. I miss Yorkshire weather.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Even thicker snow today. Me and the little brother made a massive snowman after rolling an enormous snowball around the allotment to make a body. I'm tempted to try the same technique on a bigger scale should we get more snow tomorrow. There's a big hill at the park near where I live and a rolling snowball could possibly grow big enough to cause criminal damage!
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

That sounds fun! In the end I did go outside and practiced the art of snowball-rolling. It went well! However, sleet's falling now, so it's going to ruin the snow...
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Even thicker snow today. Me and the little brother made a massive snowman after rolling an enormous snowball around the allotment to make a body. I'm tempted to try the same technique on a bigger scale should we get more snow tomorrow. There's a big hill at the park near where I live and a rolling snowball could possibly grow big enough to cause criminal damage!
What? And you're in Sheffield? I'm in York and had nothing. I was so envious when my dad texted me from the midlands saying they have 6 inches of the stuff and my little brother didn't have to go to school this morning!
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:Even thicker snow today. Me and the little brother made a massive snowman after rolling an enormous snowball around the allotment to make a body. I'm tempted to try the same technique on a bigger scale should we get more snow tomorrow. There's a big hill at the park near where I live and a rolling snowball could possibly grow big enough to cause criminal damage!
What? And you're in Sheffield? I'm in York and had nothing. I was so envious when my dad texted me from the midlands saying they have 6 inches of the stuff and my little brother didn't have to go to school this morning!
So no snowflake measuring? :(
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Dinos Sfyris wrote: So no snowflake measuring? :(
Nope :( Although Monday I could partake in my hobby up to the max.
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

We got 2 inches on Sunday and nothing since. But as (i) they don't grit side streets in Lancashire, (ii) Colne is built entirely on the side of a hill, and (iii) it hasn't thawed at all this week, it means my car still can't get out and it's off to work on the bus. Approx. 7 cars or vans slid into walls opposite my house today, including a threesome which blocked the road entirely.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

David Roe wrote: including a threesome which blocked the road entirely.
You'd think people would do such things indoors at this time of year.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Ian Volante wrote:
David Roe wrote: including a threesome which blocked the road entirely.
You'd think people would do such things indoors at this time of year.
LOL! :lol:

Living in a Close, I too have been blocked in since Monday. The road is too icy to venture out.
I've been told by friends that the main roads are clear, but that's not much use to me.

Even my youngest son has had enough of the snow by now. He's had his fill of snowball fights and snowman building.
We can't get out to the Home Ed stuff we go to. :(
Although the father of one of his friends, less nervous of driving in these conditions, came to collect him for a birthday party. So he's not been totally isolated.

Bring on the thaw! :D
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Ben Pugh
Enthusiast

Post by Ben Pugh »

Woop, 3rd snow day out of 5. Today was pretty daft though, it snowed for about 10 minutes and all the traffic was thrown into chaos.
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

Well, we expected sleet and got heavy snow- school's closed again! I have a feeling that the combined wills of my entire French class managed to make it snow, as we hadn't done our homework :D
Nicky
Rookie

Post by Nicky »

I'm a full-time mum. Surely my JOB is to go and build snowmen? But no, my son (who's nearly 2) is utterly refusing to go outside. He keeps saying "Snow COLD". Smart kid. But I wanna go and play! *sulks*
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Nicky wrote:I'm a full-time mum. Surely my JOB is to go and build snowmen? But no, my son (who's nearly 2) is utterly refusing to go outside. He keeps saying "Snow COLD". Smart kid. But I wanna go and play! *sulks*
You're forgetting that you're the boss. Make the kid realise it's fun, preferably by stuffing snow down his shirt!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

We had about 5 inches yesterday but I still had to get the bus to school. It snowed a good lot in our school but it snowed LOADS where I live but when I got home from school and after I watched Countdown all the snowed had melted and/or turned to ice. I was so raging!
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

I'm thrilled with the snow, and I hope that I get some next week- staying home means I get to watch Countdown at 3.25, the highlight of my day! In fact, that's all I really do in the day!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Hannah O wrote:I'm thrilled with the snow, and I hope that I get some next week- staying home means I get to watch Countdown at 3.25, the highlight of my day! In fact, that's all I really do in the day!
I thought you were still at school Hannah! If so, tut tut. Mind you, like most of the youngsters here you're probably so clever you don't need to concentrate :)
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Apparently the snow has hit Manchester particularly badly. People are snowed into their homes, and the airport has had to be closed. Will this affect the filming of Countdown at all? Will we have another situation where contestants have to be reshuffled because they cannot get to the studio for filming?

Edit: Oops an on-topic post in an off-topic thread, but wasn't worth starting a new thread just to wonder that.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Derek Hazell wrote:Apparently the snow has hit Manchester particularly badly. People are snowed into their homes, and the airport has had to be closed. Will this affect the filming of Countdown at all? Will we have another situation where contestants have to be reshuffled because they cannot get to the studio for filming?

Edit: Oops an on-topic post in an off-topic thread, but wasn't worth starting a new thread just to wonder that.
I may well be wrong, but I understood that the first fliming in 2010 is next Monday (11th).
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

Kirk Bevins wrote:

What! I thought - then I looked at the date - -bloody thicko :oops:
Davy Affleck
Acolyte

Post by Davy Affleck »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Bit late perhaps but does anyone have any decent stories/pics of fun scenes in the snow. There was a pic in the papers of David Cameron and Vorders building a snowman. Me and Emma (well mostly me) built a snowman on Monday. Pics are on facebook so you might have to add me/Emma as a friend to see them http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 378&ref=nf
Try this link-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W62iJ5CSHY
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Our snowman ended up being a bit Dr. Who villain, I think.

Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Michael Wallace wrote:Our snowman ended up being a bit Dr. Who villain, I think.

Aye, who's the bloke in front?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

lol@vol
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Faggotty homophobes, the lot of you.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Michael Wallace wrote:Faggotty homophobes, the lot of you.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.