The C4C Football Thread

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Re: The C4C Football Thread

Post by Craig Beevers »

Awww bless, looks like the cheating patriot just wants a hug:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 373804.stm
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Maybe someone already posted this, I had a quick look but apologies if it wasn't thorough enough.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Michael Wallace wrote:Maybe someone already posted this, I had a quick look but apologies if it wasn't thorough enough.
Haha amazing. I got 51. Anyone beat that?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Charlie Reams wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:Maybe someone already posted this, I had a quick look but apologies if it wasn't thorough enough.
Dunno, I can't read French.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
Dunno, I can't read French.
Twenty five attempts later and I got 52.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:
I played fairly and lost 0-1. You disgust me, and you should be banned from playing internet games for at least two years.
Josh Overhill

Post by Josh Overhill »

62. I should be banned for life
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Got 53 first up!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

My entire office has now been playing this all afternoon. Milos got 79 so 80+ is definitely doable.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:My entire office has now been playing this all afternoon. Milos got 79 so 80+ is definitely doable.
Are the balls the same every time though, or is it random? If it's random it's about as meaningless as highest Countdown score ever.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

57 first pop. I think that'll do for now...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

had a quick go but just couldn't handle it
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

70 on my second go
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Thought some of you lot might like this.

http://www.lfc-endofseasonparty.com/
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Andy Wilson wrote:had a quick go but just couldn't handle it
:lol: :lol:
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Craig Beevers wrote:Thought some of you lot might like this.

http://www.lfc-endofseasonparty.com/
lol. Excellent find! :D
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Looks like the top three are set to endure a very poor week, with Martin Bishop bringing himself right back in there with a decent week. Had you had a slightly better one, you could have jumped right into second.
Martyn Simpson
Rookie

Post by Martyn Simpson »

The weekend's game between Farsley Celtic v AFC Telford United produced a goal almost as good as Jimmy Bullard's celebration.

Farsley ran out 3-1 winners, but there was a slight touch of (mis)fortune about Telford's goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzNmyaQjQww
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Dear oh dear, poor guy. Reminds me of the time Seamus Kelly, then University College Dublin AFC (my team back home) keeper ran back over the goal line, ball in hand, to grab his baseball cap, which had blown off his head into the net!

Bullard's celebration was great though.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Keep expecting the other teams around Liverpool to fall apart and obligingly let them cruise to Champions League qualification. But Liverpool keep dropping points regardless. Had their main players and still lost. Surely even Liverpool fans must be getting sick of Rafa the clueless by now.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Craig Beevers wrote:Keep expecting the other teams around Liverpool to fall apart and obligingly let them cruise to Champions League qualification. But Liverpool keep dropping points regardless. Had their main players and still lost. Surely even Liverpool fans must be getting sick of Rafa the clueless by now.
Took your time. Just for fun, when was the last time you posted a message on this forum that wasn't utterly negative in every possible way, be it about something you hate (Liverpool) or something you love (Scrabble)? Is this you, or do you just use this place to vent and whinge and spend the rest of your life being nice? Bewildering.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Heh personally think I'm pacing myself well considering Liverpool have a shit result pretty much every week and all the stuff said on here earlier.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Liverpool will win the Europa cup this year but will probaby finish outside the top 6 in doing so.
This could lead to chain of events that will lead to a mass exodus of its star players and the club could go into meltdown.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Post by Richard Brittain »

Liverpool have had a shocking season so far, no-one can disguise that. They'll still definitely finish in the top 4 though. Anyone who watched the Arsenal game saw Liverpool tear apart Arsenal in the first half - they were totally dominant. At the moment they're very weak defensively. Arsenal's first real break of the game came down the right wing and Johnson somehow put the ball in the back of his own net - it was the story of their season so far. They were unlucky in this game, but in some games they have played shit. As Arsene Wenger said, "They are a very good side but at the moment things are not going for them. I still believe Liverpool have a good team who can beat anyone in the league," which is definitely true. Liverpool have been hit hard by the loss of Alonso, but Gerrard and Carragher have been playing very poorly and that's the biggest blow for them. Benitez has to be for blame, however, for failing to fill his squad with a better second striker than David Ngog, and Lucas, both of whom are nowhere near the required standard. However, they will still easily finish in the top 4 this year.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Richard Brittain wrote:Liverpool have had a shocking season so far, no-one can disguise that. They'll still definitely finish in the top 4 though. Anyone who watched the Arsenal game saw Liverpool tear apart Arsenal in the first half - they were totally dominant. At the moment they're very weak defensively. Arsenal's first real break of the game came down the right wing and Johnson somehow put the ball in the back of his own net - it was the story of their season so far. They were unlucky in this game, but in some games they have played shit. As Arsene Wenger said, "They are a very good side but at the moment things are not going for them. I still believe Liverpool have a good team who can beat anyone in the league," which is definitely true. Liverpool have been hit hard by the loss of Alonso, but Gerrard and Carragher have been playing very poorly and that's the biggest blow for them. Benitez has to be for blame, however, for failing to fill his squad with a better second striker than David Ngog, and Lucas, both of whom are nowhere near the required standard. However, they will still easily finish in the top 4 this year.
I think that they will only finish in the top four if they crash out of the cup competitions early.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I like you more and more as time goes on RB. Here's hoping.

We absotively posilutely need to sign someone in January - Carlton Cole would have been perfect but is looking to be too expensive now - and if we do manage to get a decent signing, it's not impossible that we could end up winning the Europa League and getting top 4 in the Premiership which, right now, is a conclusion to the season that I'd snap up.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Finishing in the top 4 has to be a priority, but with Manchester city's Wealth, and Aston Villas current form, this is looking increasingly unlikely.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Clearly, Rafa Benitez has been reading C4C.
Richard Brittain wrote:They'll still definitely finish in the top 4 though.
Richard Brittain wrote:However, they will still easily finish in the top 4 this year.
"Liverpool manager Benitez 'guarantees' top four finish."
Last edited by Richard Brittain on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Richard Brittain wrote:Clearly, Rafa Benitez has been reading C4C.
Richard Brittain wrote:However, they will still easily finish in the top 4 this year.
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says he "guarantees" that they will finish in the top four.
Good prediction, sir. Presumably this is Benitez's gamble to avoid being sacked until the end of the season. We'll see if it pays off.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Arsenal again played shockingly bad, and were extremely lucky to avoid defeat. They've been really lucky this season so far. I can easily see Liverpool overhauling them. Arsenal will probably finish outside the top 4.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Charlie - No.. Rafa Benitez actually read this thread and made his guarantee on the basis of my post. Jeff Stelling texted me to say so.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Richard Brittain wrote:Clearly, Rafa Benitez has been reading C4C.
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says he "guarantees" that they will finish in the top four.
Good prediction, sir. Presumably this is Benitez's gamble to avoid being sacked until the end of the season. We'll see if it pays off.
Richard Brittain wrote:Charlie - No.. Rafa Benitez actually read this thread and made his guarantee on the basis of my post. Jeff Stelling texted me to say so.
That's what Charlie meant. It's a gamble, but Benitez knows if he bandies about your weighty name in a meeting, a silent hubbub of support is likely to instantly descend over the boardroom for at least the time being.
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Post by Steve Durney »

Richard Brittain wrote:Arsenal again played shockingly bad, and were extremely lucky to avoid defeat. They've been really lucky this season so far. I can easily see Liverpool overhauling them. Arsenal will probably finish outside the top 4.
We have been off form in the last few games, but to say we've been lucky this season is utter nonsense. Injuries have decimated our side yet again, but before they did we were dominating pretty much every team we played, even in our two defeats in Manchester we were the better team. Only Chelsea were clearly better when we played them. I'm extremely confident of a top 4 finish. Only United and Chelsea have been more consistent so far, and we're not that far behind in the league at this stage.
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

Richard Brittain wrote:Arsenal again played shockingly bad, and were extremely lucky to avoid defeat. They've been really lucky this season so far. I can easily see Liverpool overhauling them. Arsenal will probably finish outside the top 4.
There's been a whole string of teams come to Turf Moor and lost/drawn, and every team that hasn't won has apparently been entirely due to their own frailties. One of these days the penny might drop that teams don't win at Burnley because Burnley are good, not just because virtually every team at Turf Moor has an off-day.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Matt Morrison wrote:That's what Charlie meant. It's a gamble, but Benitez knows if he bandies about your weighty name in a meeting, a silent hubbub of support is likely to instantly descend over the boardroom for at least the time being.
Haha, excellent post.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Some great match ups for the champions league knock out phase.
Who did Liverpool get ;)
Sorry Matt.
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Post by Steve Durney »

Marc Meakin wrote:Some great match ups for the champions league knock out phase.
Who did Liverpool get ;)
Sorry Matt.
Very happy with Arsenal getting Porto!
Becks going back to OT is gonna be worth watching.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Marc Meakin wrote:Who did Liverpool get ;)
Sorry Matt.
Unirea Urziceni. No need to be sorry, good draw.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Sorry Matt.
They were unlucky to get knocked out the Champions league though
And there is a Chelsea connection as Unirea Urziceni are managed by Dan Pet Rescue.
Martyn Simpson
Rookie

Post by Martyn Simpson »

Anyone off to a game over the weekend?

One or two potential games of mine tomorow have already fell victim to this inclement weather. I'm hoping to do a couple of local games tomorrow instead; to take 2 new grounds in that I should really have crossed off by now.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

In b4 Craig Beevers.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Alright, Beevers is right. Benitez is shit, he has to go. Reina is probably the worst keeper in the league right now; He was balding at age 23 so there should have been alarm bells ringing when we signed him. He's washed out at age 27. Lucas isn't good enough, Glen Johnson doesn't look interested and definitely doesn't look worth £16 mill. Carragher's lost any pace he had, Kuyt never had any pace, and Benayoun is never going to stop dribbling. The Rafalution is over.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Marc Meakin wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Sorry Matt.
They were unlucky to get knocked out the Champions league though
And there is a Chelsea connection as Unirea Urziceni are managed by Dan Pet Rescue.
Yeah, twas a bit of a hasty "good draw" really, a tough journey and of course we have to play the 2nd leg away. Recipe for disaster no doubt, but I think/hope we'll see it through.
Richard Brittain wrote:Alright, Beevers is right. Benitez is shit, he has to go. Reina is probably the worst keeper in the league right now; He was balding at age 23 so there should have been alarm bells ringing when we signed him. He's washed out at age 27. Lucas isn't good enough, Glen Johnson doesn't look interested and definitely doesn't look worth £16 mill. Carragher's lost any pace he had, Kuyt never had any pace, and Benayoun is never going to stop dribbling. The Rafalution is over.
Blimey, maybe I was slow but until you said 'we' I'd never actually picked up you were a Liverpool fan RB, thought you just liked watching them. Should have worked it out I guess, this year we've gone from being (along with Arsenal) the team for neutrals to watch to a team about as exciting as Chelsea. It really is time for Rafa to go, and surely it'd be sensible to do it soon, in plenty of time before next season. Sacrificing the FA Cup and the Europa League would be a pretty slim price to pay if it meant we got back on point for next season. THAT SAID, I heard a lot of shit a couple of months ago about how we couldn't sack Benitez because we simply couldn't afford to pay him the compensation package. That was around the same time Benitez was threatening to quit (of his own accord, i.e. no compensation) if we ever sold Torres, and Chelsea have been linked to a £60m bid over the last couple of days...

You're totally wrong about Reina though. He really is still a fantastic keeper. Yes, he's suffering from a loss of confidence (like the whole team), but he's been nowhere near as disappointing as other key players have been. Also, don't diss early balders. It's not our fault, and it doesn't make us any less reliable in goal or any less excellent at sex.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Well I'm not really a proper Liverpool fan, but they're definitely my favourite team in the Prem. To be honest, I started following them when Robbie Keane moved there because it seemed such a perfect match. I still think it was completely nonsensical to sell him. Anyway, I've watched most of the televised Liverpool games in the last couple of seasons so I feel like something of a fan. And frankly, I've seen Reina let in about 10-20 ridiculously easy shots in that time. I know Liverpool fans in general like him, but I think they're going to turn on him soon. In my opinion, he's a very poor shot stopper. I know he's a decent penalty stopper, but in one-on-one situations I think he is just about the worst in the league. Did you see the two goals he let in in the Portsmouth game? The angle was so acute, any school keeper would be lambasted for letting in those sorts of goals; in both situations, the striker was virtually on the byline. The defenders can't have any confidence when they know any shot on goal has a good chance of going in. In my opinion, it's a no brainer.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Richard Brittain wrote:it's a no brainer.
enough of the bald gags already
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

I decided to make a list of players who I feel are generally overrated or underrated, by people and by the media. Here it is:

Overrated

Cesc Fabregas - Has no pace, can't tackle, and generally seems to have an evil aura surrounding him. Has quite good ball control, but is nowhere near being a world class player.

Wayne Rooney - Has an awkward, unathletic physique. Made his name by scoring spectacular long range strikes at Euro 2004. Doesn't do that anymore, mostly scores tap-ins these days. Not particularly different to Dirk Kuyt. Decent player but not a world beater.

'Pepe' Reina - Poor shot stopper. Lacks physical presence, calmness and authority which top keepers should have.

Emmanuel Adebayor - A little bit overrated. Mostly scored simple tap-ins at Arsenal. Darren Bent is much better.

Patrick Vieira - Was never anything more than an aggressive thug.

Rio Ferdinand - Massively overrated central defender. Has a lot less pace than people make out. Prone to losing concentration in crucial moments.

Underrated

Lee Bowyer - Quality player

Gary Neville - Has been a superb right-back for the last 10 or so years.

Richard Dunne - Every bit as good a central defender as John Terry.

Damien Duff - Is showing again his true class at Fulham. Was a big part of Chelsea's early title success under Mourinho.

David Beckham - Suddenly seems to have become hated by the media in recent years, but was always an excellent player.

Stephen Hunt - Is one of best left midfielders in the Prem. An excellent acquisition by Hull.

Stewart Downing - Another quality left midfielder, unfairly criticised by some.

Xabi Alonso - Fantastic central midfielder, finally being fully appreciated now it is clear what he did for Liverpool.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Richard Brittain wrote:Overrated
Cesc Fabregas - Has no pace, can't tackle, and generally seems to have an evil aura surrounding him. Has quite good ball control, but is nowhere near being a world class player.
Agree that he can't tackle but he can sit and control a game and pull out some excellent passes. Players like Fabregas tend to look better than they are because the things they DO do well tend to be extravagant, good-looking things like fantastic through balls, that can easily cover up the holes in their all round game.

Wayne Rooney - Has an awkward, unathletic physique. Made his name by scoring spectacular long range strikes at Euro 2004. Doesn't do that anymore, mostly scores tap-ins these days. Not particularly different to Dirk Kuyt. Decent player but not a world beater.
Fantastic talent, but a very poor season this year. You might be on to something if you're suggesting we've already seen the best of him. Which is technically a shame if you consider how important he could be for England, but overall a Good Thing as he plays for United. Probably got too much praise too young, and his reliance on natural talent might be catching up with him.

'Pepe' Reina - Poor shot stopper. Lacks physical presence, calmness and authority which top keepers should have.
Another player not having a good season. Seems to make some amazing saves and some utter clangers every year, but agree the balance has been less attractive this term. Still think he's a great keeper though, top 3 in the Premiership for me.

Emmanuel Adebayor - A little bit overrated. Mostly scored simple tap-ins at Arsenal. Darren Bent is much better.
Another huge talent whose football suffers from his attitude, not dissimilar to Rooney probably. Disagree that Bent is better, but he is more consistent.

Patrick Vieira - Was never anything more than an aggressive thug.
Definitely overrated. Poor man's Mascherano, though you could just as easily call Mascherano an aggressive thug on the surface.

Rio Ferdinand - Massively overrated central defender. Has a lot less pace than people make out. Prone to losing concentration in crucial moments.
Hugely overrated. Hugely. Couldn't agree more. Vidic hasn't been fantastic recently, but still outshines Ferdinand every time.

Underrated

Lee Bowyer - Quality player
Hmm. Good but only for a small team, like Dempsey or something? Can't say I've seen much Birmingham football this year, not even highlights, so don't consider myself particularly qualified to deconstruct his game.

Gary Neville - Has been a superb right-back for the last 10 or so years.
Cunt.

Richard Dunne - Every bit as good a central defender as John Terry.
Agreed. I thought it was absolutely nuts when Man City let him go, and surprise surprise their defence has been a shambles since. Who we should have signed instead of Kyrgiakos.

Damien Duff - Is showing again his true class at Fulham. Was a big part of Chelsea's early title success under Mourinho.
Yeah, probably was underrated for his contribution to Chelsea. Not sure he could perform for a bigger club now though, Fulham is a perfect match for him.

David Beckham - Suddenly seems to have become hated by the media in recent years, but was always an excellent player.
Tough one. He plays abroad, I think that's a huge part of the media relationship - another example would be Michael Owen when he was at Madrid, he went from being one of the most talked about players to being barely mentioned, although I'd disagree that equates to being 'hated' by the media, and I think Beckham in particular is still revered when spoken about. In fact, I think he's been overrated for much of his career, his excellent balls have been his only saviour, and with that being has unique selling point, he only fits into certain types of team. He would have been world class if he could take on a defender.

Stephen Hunt - Is one of best left midfielders in the Prem. An excellent acquisition by Hull.
Yeah, very good indeed. Great passion, great technical awareness, I can just about agree with the 'one of the best on the left' but is that partly down to a lack of talent in that position in the Premiership?

Stewart Downing - Another quality left midfielder, unfairly criticised by some.
Don't really agree. Average. Poor decision-making I reckon, inconsistent. One of the few players we've been strongly linked with in the past that I've been happy not to get hold of, not that we found a better alternative obviously.

Xabi Alonso - Fantastic central midfielder, finally being fully appreciated now it is clear what he did for Liverpool.
Undoubtedly one of the best midfielders of his type in the world, I have no idea how people didn't realise how important he was for us until he left. I almost cried the day he went.
A quick look at the list and it's clear that the large majority of your overrated players are undeniably very good footballers indeed, but they are also ones who have had so much praise heaped on them because of their profile and team success that it's hard for them not to be overrated in a way. They may well be overrated, but (apart from Ferdinand), that doesn't mean they aren't very very good indeed still.

On the flipside, many of your underrated players are playing very important roles but at much smaller clubs. It's hard to really comment on how good these players are when they so easily stick out like beacons by virtue of playing in a team of a lesser ability. It's hard to say how many would cut it at one of the big clubs. Trying to think of a "this has happened" example off the top of my head - maybe Valencia? Fantastic at Wigan, but hasn't converted that form to United at all and has largely been pretty anonymous in their midfield. Neville's just a cunt, full stop.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Well, thanks for taking the time to comment on all of my entries. I was thinking of counter-commenting on all of your comments, but then realised that would be ridiculous. However, feel free to make a list yourself, and I will dissect it and give my opinions.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Matt Morrison wrote: It really is time for Rafa to go, and surely it'd be sensible to do it soon, in plenty of time before next season.
Really? I think he's a good manager and, based on his record at Liverpool and Valencia, deserves a chance to turn things around.

Also Rooney is having a decent season and Valencia is showing a lot of promise after a shaky start. United in general have been a bit gash though (desperately need to strengthen in midfield and perhaps in defence now Rio is crippled), I can't believe we're only 4 points off the top.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

I agree that Rooney is having a better season this year. He's certainly scored more goals than he usually does. He normally gets about 12 league goals a season, a really bad return for a supposedly world-class striker. I don't care if he doesn't always play as an 'out-and-out' striker, he plays in a forward attacking position, is surrounded by a group of quality players, and he routinely scores less than midfielders like Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard. I also agree with Paul Howe, that Valencia is actually looking pretty good for United.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Christ Liverpool just got outplayed for large periods by Reading. I know Torres didn't get out of second gear, probably his mind is on what club he's going to move to in the summer, but wow. Awful performance.

Very dull day of FA Cup results generally.

Oh and do hope Bolton get relegated, pretty ludicrous the way Megson was treated. Also think Hughes did a pretty decent job considering.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Craig Beevers wrote:Christ Liverpool just got outplayed for large periods by Reading. I know Torres didn't get out of second gear, probably his mind is on what club he's going to move to in the summer, but wow. Awful performance.
Well, at least they didn't lose. At home. To a League One side. Even worse performance.

Craig Beevers wrote:Very dull day of FA Cup results generally.

Oh and do hope Bolton get relegated, pretty ludicrous the way Megson was treated. Also think Hughes did a pretty decent job considering.
Agree with all this.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Jon O'Neill wrote:
Craig Beevers wrote:Christ Liverpool just got outplayed for large periods by Reading. I know Torres didn't get out of second gear, probably his mind is on what club he's going to move to in the summer, but wow. Awful performance.
Well, at least they didn't lose. At home. To a League One side. Even worse performance.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

I think it is fair to say Leeds are as good as Reading, if not better. Liverpool's performance was at least as bad as Manure's. Liverpool wasted a few chances and happened to get a break with their goal. Manure wasted a hatful of chances and didn't get a break. That's football.
Josh Overhill

Post by Josh Overhill »

No way, Liverpool were poor (but I think everyone has got used to that this season), but Man U were just plain shite, never really looked like scoring the whole game, and quite frankly could have had no complaints if Leeds got a second. To lose to a lower league side is bad, but to lose to the dirty Leeds scum just makes it 1000 times worse.

Craig, what team do you actually support?
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Don't support club football teams as such. They have little meaning and vary dramatically in short spaces of time. For instance the nearest professional club to me is Middlesbrough. I don't really get how they represent Middlesbrough. How many of the team this season were there even 3-4 years ago? I hope the local players do well, but other than that there's no reason for me to support them over any other particular club. For me there's no geographical basis to support a club. So I'm left with fleeting things like my opinion of the individuals involved, whether the team happens to have British players, whether they play attractive football, whether they cheat and so on.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

That was pretty hopeless from Liverpool, again.

Reading looked far better on the ball, their quality on the ball and in passing and delivery. Obviously they panic somewhat at the back and when it comes to finishing, which is why Liverpool lasted 210 minutes and why Reading are where they are in the league. Lost count of how many times a Reading player dribbled past or nutmegged a Liverpool player.

Rafa's post-match interview as evasive and gutless as always. Is he a manager or a politician?
Josh Overhill

Post by Josh Overhill »

Let's all laugh at Liverpool. Yet again.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

RAFA MUST GO NOW :!: :!: :!:
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

As a Burnley fan, I was hoping that Liverpool would win, because (a) more money and less travel from playing Liverpool rather than Reading, and (b) on those two performances, we'd stand just as good a chance of reaching the fifth round. Especially with Torres and Gerrard missing.

Owen Coyle's always available, if Liverpool want a new manager.