Covid 19 roll call

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Covid 19 roll call

Post by Marc Meakin »

Just curious if people on here want to divulge if the have had to self isolate, had a covid test or have tested positive.
I have had to self isolate twice, had a negative test and am currently living at home with soneone who has tested positive.
So im stuck at home until the 9th 🙁
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Covid 19 roll call

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I had a test a while ago. It was a random thing to check for how prevalent it was in the population. It came back negative.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Marc Meakin wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:32 pm Just curious if people on here want to divulge if they have had to self isolate, I had a covid test or have tested positive.
I have had to self isolate twice, had a negative test and am currently living at home with someone who has tested positive.
So I'm stuck at home until the 9th 🙁
Just wanted to correct those typos
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Literally nothing. No tests or anything. My dad and boyfriend haven't either.

My mum had an antibody test from her workplace which was positive, but now we can't work out *when* she had the virus. She also had the same thing Gevin had, but that was also negative (and it was just after the antibody test, thus she was left thinking it was a bit pointless).

My younger brother is a STEM University student, so cannot "work" from home and thus got tested every 5 minutes down in Southampton.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Never been tested, but self isolated twice- once in March after displaying symptoms, once in November after being told to by the app.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Contracted it mid-December, via Heather's school being more concerned with staying open and bums on seats than sensible measures. Am in the extremely vulnerable category due to a drug I take to control my psoriasis being an immunosuppressant (and having a comorbidite to go along with it). Isolation finished on Boxing Day. It was a rough time, though without ever feeling properly dangerous. Nowhere near 100% still, suffering from headaches coming and going in waves, smell and taste not quite back to normal, and have only just got over the lingering flu and cold symptoms that continued. Lung capacity doesn't seem back to normal.
Paul Anderson
Enthusiast

Post by Paul Anderson »

Shit man, sorry to hear that.
Have only heard of a few I know getting it here in Ireland. And those are all since Christmas. Hence the National lockdown
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Ive got conflicting information on my self isolation.
Because my stepdaughter reported me as being in her bubble I have a text telling me to self isolate until midnight on the 8th but the app says to isolate until the twelfth.
The app updated first so I screenshot that to my employer so I may stay off til the 11th to be sure
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Possible infection in this house back in March, but no testing available back then to confirm. Otherwise no problems yet.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Dave Robjohns
Rookie

Post by Dave Robjohns »

Had a test at uni as my mum wouldn't let me come home without one, but otherwise nothing really.

Seemed to hold a bit of a covid curse though; my doubles partner and I had 5 games in a row where our opponents ended up forfeiting the following week's game after playing us as they'd ended up isolating
Martin Hurst
Series 75 Champion

Post by Martin Hurst »

Am part of the ONS survey so am tested every 4 weeks after initially being tested 8 weeks in a row. Negative every time.
My 3 year-old had a test before he was due an operation back in October, and it came back positive. He never displayed any symptoms, no-one in our house had any symptoms during the 14 days isolation period, nor did any within his nursery bubble (2 children and 2 staff) who also had to isolate, which seems strange considering the amount of close contact. Feeling is it was a false positive, but we will probably never know.

Test and trace was absolutely pointless. 2 of us working from home full time for two weeks whilst trying to look after a 5 year old and a 3 year old, and T&Ts contribution was 4 lengthy calls a day from different people asking the same questions that always had the same answers (yes we are isolating, yes we know the rules, yes we are fine etc etc) and reading the same statements from the same scripts.
Matt Rutherford
Acolyte

Post by Matt Rutherford »

Only tested once back in July, when I came down with chills and a fever. The good news is that it came back negative. The bad news is that it was food poisoning instead. I got to celebrate my negative test whilst regretting going near KFC
England's most socially-awkward churchgoer
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:42 pm Contracted it mid-December, via Heather's school being more concerned with staying open and bums on seats than sensible measures. Am in the extremely vulnerable category due to a drug I take to control my psoriasis being an immunosuppressant (and having a comorbidite to go along with it). Isolation finished on Boxing Day. It was a rough time, though without ever feeling properly dangerous. Nowhere near 100% still, suffering from headaches coming and going in waves, smell and taste not quite back to normal, and have only just got over the lingering flu and cold symptoms that continued. Lung capacity doesn't seem back to normal.
Sounds rough. Sorry to hear that.

Never had symptoms never been tested never been told to self isolate.