Talents and party tricks

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Talents and party tricks

Post by Marc Meakin »

Do you have any hidden talents or tricks that you impress your friends and family with.
I used to be able to boast that I could name a tune from the top twenty after less than ten seconds of the intro.
But after the late eighties it became too difficult.
Also I can read upside down as good as the right way round.
But that's not particularly remarkable

So impress us with your skills etc.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: Talents and party tricks

Post by Mark Deeks »

I can scream like a four year old girl.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Perfectly willing to tongue kiss a man in exchange for two girls keeping their part of the bargain, that one time.

I still pull out the "making your arm shorter" trick sometimes, it's surprising how many people don't know it. Obviously it's a bit shit but still fun.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

There used to be a pub bet (maybe deserves its own thread ? ) That I used to win drinks with that never failed.
Bet someone that they cannot copy what you do for 30 seconds.
Then you put your hand out, the do the same, hold your drink, they copy that, put the drink to your lips, they do the same, take a sip, they follow. Then you spit your sip back into your drink and without fail they have swallowed theirs. I guess it was foolproof in the mid eighties but I'm not sure if it works now. Hardly ever drink now.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Marc Meakin wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:37 am There used to be a pub bet (maybe deserves its own thread ? ) That I used to win drinks with that never failed.
Then you put your hand out, the do the same, hold your drink, they copy that, put the drink to your lips, they do the same, take a sip, they follow. Then you spit your sip back into your drink and without fail they have swallowed theirs. I guess it was foolproof in the mid eighties but I'm not sure if it works now. Hardly ever drink now.
I can't imagine anyone taking such a vague bet. Obviously no-one can do *exactly* what someone else does, and it's a complete grey area as to what counts as close enough, so totally unjudgeable.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 am
Marc Meakin wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:37 am There used to be a pub bet (maybe deserves its own thread ? ) That I used to win drinks with that never failed.
I can't imagine anyone taking such a vague bet. Obviously no-one can do *exactly* what someone else does, and it's a complete grey area as to what counts as close enough, so totally unjudgeable.
I'm guessing you don't take part in many drunken ' pub bets '
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Marc Meakin wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:13 am
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 am
I'm guessing you don't take part in many drunken ' pub bets '
I don't, but I also can't imagine anyone I know taking such a bet.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Probably not if they were sober.
Maybe my friends at the time were more gullible than you and your friends
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

These things always sound ridiculous written down. In this instance, definitely don't listen to Gevin, Marc.