How much do you weigh?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Re: How much do you weigh?

Post by Adam Dexter »

I'm 14st10lb and 5'10".

Didn't realise people were so light... feel like a chubber now
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

I'm actually down to 16s 7lbs so Meakin takes the lead.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I've dropped to 13st even since my last weighing (in March), still a bit overweight.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:54 am
Conor wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 pm I weigh 11st. Trying to get it down to 10 by COLIN.
Is that why you didn't come this year?
Or this year. :evil:

I'm down to 12st 12lb now after a quick peak around the 13 and a half stone area. Done virtually no exercise and eaten more junk food than usual so god knows how.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I seem to have declined to about 13st 10 since the start of December, probably as I started running again. Still a little overweight though, I'd like to get near 13.0.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Phil H
Acolyte

Post by Phil H »

The proportion of underweight people (of which I am one) seems far higher in Countdown circles than in the general population. Why's that?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Phil H wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:19 am The proportion of underweight people (of which I am one) seems far higher in Countdown circles than in the general population. Why's that?
It's either an Apterous subscription or food.

Luckily I joined Apterous when there was a one-off fee for life.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

I hope this doesn't come across as offensive to people who do struggle with their weight, but I do kind of have the opposite problem in that I can't seem to put on any weight these days however hard I try. I stuff myself with all the bad food, pasties and pies and biscuits and crisps - oh so many crisps - and do no exercise at all. Plus I still drink quite a lot of alcohol, which is more fattening than most food. Yet every day I seem to be gradually losing weight - not much, maybe a pound a week - and now I'm only about 10 stone 10 rather than my usual 11-11½ stone. As far as I can recall I haven't been cursed by any gypsies lately, like in that documentary film "Thinner" so maybe I've got some sort of disease, or a tapeworm or something.

Ah, just had a thought, I wonder if the electrnic multipurose scales have become defective? Next time I'm visiting the folks I'll have a go on their scales, rule that in or out. I'll keep you posted because I know you'll all be on tenterhooks.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Do you feel/look thinner?
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:00 pm Do you feel/look thinner?
No, not at all, it's a bit weird. I know 10-10 isn't so different to 11-7 but even so, you would think I might do. But I can't tell any difference at all. Just weighed myself again and I'm a another kilo lighter than last time, despite having eaten a shitload of food and having had a bottle of wine, and wearing all my clothes with a shitload of loose change and my massive bunch of keys in the pockets. God knows where it's going to be to tomorrow. Hope I don't go below 0.35R, that would be really bad.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

JimBentley wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:04 pm I hope this doesn't come across as offensive to people who do struggle with their weight, but I do kind of have the opposite problem in that I can't seem to put on any weight these days however hard I try. I stuff myself with all the bad food, pasties and pies and biscuits and crisps - oh so many crisps - and do no exercise at all. Plus I still drink quite a lot of alcohol, which is more fattening than most food. Yet every day I seem to be gradually losing weight - not much, maybe a pound a week - and now I'm only about 10 stone 10 rather than my usual 11-11½ stone. As far as I can recall I haven't been cursed by any gypsies lately, like in that documentary film "Thinner" so maybe I've got some sort of disease, or a tapeworm or something.

Ah, just had a thought, I wonder if the electrnic multipurose scales have become defective? Next time I'm visiting the folks I'll have a go on their scales, rule that in or out. I'll keep you posted because I know you'll all be on tenterhooks.
If you're losing weight without an obvious reason, get checked out by the doc - better safe than sorry. Do it.