Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Post Reply
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10012
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Gavin Chipper » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:24 pm

I've seen a few discussions of this over the years, and Mark Deeks put something on Facebook about it the other day, but amazingly it would appear that there's no thread on here about it. Consider that changed.
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1271
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Johnny Canuck » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 pm

I don't think anyone has a Wikipeda article.
Q: What is the longest word in the world?
A: "Gigaparsecs", because there is a gigaparsec before the last S.

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Shovell from M People.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm

Saracen from Gladiators.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Maureen Nolan.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 pm

The Chuckle Brothers as individuals.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Mark Deeks » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm

^ Lest there be any doubt, Mark grew up in England in the 90s and measures the world as a whole on that basis.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:19 am

Graeme Cole
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 am

Eric Monkman,
Graeme Cole
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10012
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:18 am

Mark Deeks wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 pm
The Chuckle Brothers as individuals.
The Wright brothers as well.

I don't think much of Shovell from the M People though. I was perfectly well aware of the M People at the time, but the only individual I was aware of was Heather Small.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am

Mark Deeks wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 pm
Shovell from M People.
I can Imagine lots of members of even greater groups than M People will have members without Wiki pages
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: North-West of Bradford
Contact:

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Thomas Carey » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:10 am

Chiyo Miyako, third oldest living person, just because pretty much everyone on this list has one

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... le#/search
cheers maus

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10012
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 pm

There is no article for the actual person Madeleine McCann.

sean d
Acolyte
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by sean d » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 pm
There is no article for the actual person

Without wanting to be indelicate she didn't achieve much of note apart from Disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

James Laverty
Enthusiast
Posts: 411
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:45 pm
Location: West Bridgford

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by James Laverty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 am

sean d wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 pm
There is no article for the actual person

Without wanting to be indelicate she didn't achieve much of note apart from Disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Again on a touchy issue, neither Ian Brady or Myra Hindley have individual pages.
Definitely not Jamie McNeill or Schrodinger's Cat....

Andy McGurn
Enthusiast
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Andy McGurn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Greg Wilhere
Gabriela Cowperthwaite
Angelo Abela

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10012
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 pm

James Laverty wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 am
sean d wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:31 pm
There is no article for the actual person

Without wanting to be indelicate she didn't achieve much of note apart from Disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
Again on a touchy issue, neither Ian Brady or Myra Hindley have individual pages.
Interesting. We could ignore people who have a de facto page about events strongly related to them, although it's not very precise.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:51 pm

Andy McGurn wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:01 pm
Greg Wilhere
Gabriela Cowperthwaite
Angelo Abela
These are nearly as
obscure as some of the people on my famous names list
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Andy McGurn
Enthusiast
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Andy McGurn » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:04 am

Marc Meakin wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:51 pm
Andy McGurn wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:01 pm
Greg Wilhere
Gabriela Cowperthwaite
Angelo Abela
These are nearly as
obscure as some of the people on my famous names list
I think sometimes when one is familiar with some people one can assume that they are more well known than they are in general. In the case of Gabriela Cowperthwaite, its amazing how many people know the Blackfish movie so maybe i have just assumed its director is as famous as the movie itself (obviously a bad assumption)

Phil H
Rookie
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Phil H » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Virginia Roberts/Giuffre/Roberts-Giuffre/Roberts Giuffre has emerged as a contender.

Tom S
Devotee
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Tom S » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Phil H wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:54 pm
Virginia Roberts/Giuffre/Roberts-Giuffre/Roberts Giuffre has emerged as a contender.
Similarly Jennifer Arcuri is without one. Strictly contestant Saffron Barker is also without a page.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10012
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Gavin Chipper » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm

These people are just currently in the news and won't be considered famous in five years.

And Strictly contestant? Kind of means she wasn't famous enough to even make the show if that's how people refer to her since it's meant to be for people who are already celebrities.

User avatar
Ben Wilson
Legend
Posts: 4183
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm
Location: North Hykeham

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Ben Wilson » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:12 pm

I knew there was a page like this somewhere on this site, but couldn't be arse to find it two weeks ago when I discovered that Jethro doesn't have a page.

Tom S
Devotee
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Tom S » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm
These people are just currently in the news and won't be considered famous in five years.

And Strictly contestant? Kind of means she wasn't famous enough to even make the show if that's how people refer to her since it's meant to be for people who are already celebrities.
Solely remarked on the Strictly thing because I have followed the wiki Strictly page, and Barker is only the 2nd contestant to not have a wiki page, which does prove your point....

Phil H
Rookie
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Phil H » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 pm

Tiger Lily Hutchence/Geldof was another which surprised me, at least.

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3324
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipeda Article

Post by Phil Reynolds » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:30 am

Marc Meakin wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:54 am
I can Imagine lots of members of even greater groups than M People will have members without Wiki pages
I wouldn't expect a member of any group, no matter how famous, to have a member with its own Wikipedia page, but perhaps I'm naive.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10012
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Ben Wilson wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:12 pm
I knew there was a page like this somewhere on this site, but couldn't be arse to find it two weeks ago when I discovered that Jethro doesn't have a page.
This stands out to me as a particularly good find.

Paul Worsley
Acolyte
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Paul Worsley » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:04 am

Carrie Henn.

She played "Newt" in the 1986 film Aliens.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 am

Paul Worsley wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:04 am
Carrie Henn.

She played "Newt" in the 1986 film Aliens.
That's a bit obscure .
Speaking of Obscure , what about the baby in Teletubbies and the child who played Jessica in Some Mother's do have 'Em
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Paul Worsley
Acolyte
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Paul Worsley » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 am
That's a bit obscure .
She played a principal role in a blockbuster movie. Hardly obscure.

The reason she doesn't get a wiki page is because she never did anything else (out of choice).

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Paul Worsley wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:29 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 am
That's a bit obscure .
She played a principal role in a blockbuster movie. Hardly obscure.

The reason she doesn't get a wiki page is because she never did anything else (out of choice).
That in itself doesn't exclude you from a wiki page.
The boy who played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has one
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Fred Mumford
Enthusiast
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Fred Mumford » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 am
the child who played Jessica in Some Mother's do have 'Em
I have a vague recollection of the child appearing on Wogan or somesuch as a teenager in a surprise reunion with Michael Crawford, and the whole thing falling a bit flat after Crawford revealed that the two had never previously met at all - the baby scenes were filmed entirely separately.

Which reminds me, didn't a Countdown contestant from a few years ago claim to be the receptionist's baby that was always kept in a drawer in the Brittas Empire?

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 10012
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:18 pm

When I watch Question Time I often Google the panellists and quite often they don't have a Wikipedia article. Camilla Tominey has appeared on quite a few things but doesn't appear to have one.

Paul Worsley
Acolyte
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Paul Worsley » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Pat Seed.

She died in 1984, but everyone of my age has heard of Pat Seed. She was even the subject of an Eammon Andrews "This is Your Life".

Fiona T
Enthusiast
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Fiona T » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:55 pm

Paul Worsley wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:35 pm
Pat Seed.

She died in 1984, but everyone of my age has heard of Pat Seed. She was even the subject of an Eammon Andrews "This is Your Life".
<googles>

Nope, don't remember her at all
8-) <-2m-> 8-)

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3324
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Phil Reynolds » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:38 pm

Paul Worsley wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:35 pm
She died in 1984, but everyone of my age has heard of Pat Seed.
You don't say what your age is, but from the above statement I can deduce you're not 59 as that's my age and I've never heard of her.

David Williams
Kiloposter
Posts: 1057
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by David Williams » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:39 am

When I saw the name it took a second or two. Cancer survivor, raised a lot of money, husband was killed in the Abbeystead explosion and she went downhill very quickly after that? Correct! Certainly well-known at the time, but it was forty years ago. And not as famous as Kay Kelly? (Who probably no-one else remembers either.)

Paul Worsley
Acolyte
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Paul Worsley » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:38 pm
Paul Worsley wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:35 pm
She died in 1984, but everyone of my age has heard of Pat Seed.
You don't say what your age is, but from the above statement I can deduce you're not 59 as that's my age and I've never heard of her.
By "everyone" I meant my wife and my in-laws.

Noel Mc
Acolyte
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Noel Mc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm
Paul Worsley wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:29 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:48 am
That's a bit obscure .
She played a principal role in a blockbuster movie. Hardly obscure.

The reason she doesn't get a wiki page is because she never did anything else (out of choice).
That in itself doesn't exclude you from a wiki page.
The boy who played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has one
The boy who played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate factory has been in loads of films.

However, the boy who played Charlie in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory hasn't been in anything else.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:31 am

Noel Mc wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:31 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:52 pm
Paul Worsley wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:29 pm


She played a principal role in a blockbuster movie. Hardly obscure.

The reason she doesn't get a wiki page is because she never did anything else (out of choice).
That in itself doesn't exclude you from a wiki page.
The boy who played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has one
The boy who played Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate factory has been in loads of films.

However, the boy who played Charlie in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory hasn't been in anything else.
I often mix the titles up. To be fair I referred to it as Charlie and The Chocolate Factory long before the sub par remake with Johnny Depp tapping into his Michael Jackson , as Willy Wonka
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Lord of the Post
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Marc Meakin » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:08 am

I decided to go on Ranker to find out the top ten 'Celebrities ' without a Wiki Page.
No 1 was Scott Dissik.....something to do with the Kardashian and he has s show called Flip it like Dissik.
So I thought I would find out more about him and lo and behold it took me to his Wiki page 😀
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Ian Volante
Postmaster General
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: Most Famous People without a Wikipedia Article

Post by Ian Volante » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Bubbler Ranx.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests