Formula One venues you've been to

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Formula One venues you've been to

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I'll start. I've been to F1 races at Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Singapore, and Austin, Texas. But I've also been to Donington Park for non-F1 racing, Zandvoort in the Netherlands randomly when there wasn't a race on, and I've been to Caesar's Palace hotel in Las Vegas, although the specific car park where the race used to be held doesn't seem to exist any more. So I'm counting that as 7.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: Formula One venues you've been to

Post by Ben Wilson »

Silverstone for the MotoGP last year.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Singapore, Brands Hatch, Spa, Silverstone, Indianapolis, Goodwood.

Only Spa and Silverstone on the actual occasions of F1 events though. Got to stand right behind the barrier on the exit of Eau Rouge for about 3 minutes, until a security guard moved us on.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Been in the control room at Yas Marina.
sean d
Acolyte

Post by sean d »

Monza, Hungaroring, Barcelona in the early noughties. Don't think I could name half a dozen drives these days.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:18 pm I'll start. I've been to F1 races at Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Singapore, and Austin, Texas. But I've also been to Donington Park for non-F1 racing, Zandvoort in the Netherlands randomly when there wasn't a race on, and I've been to Caesar's Palace hotel in Las Vegas, although the specific car park where the race used to be held doesn't seem to exist any more. So I'm counting that as 7.
I was in Mexico City for the F1 race last year as well, so we're racking them up.