What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Fred Mumford
Enthusiast
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Fred Mumford » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:57 pm
JimBentley wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 pm
you're funny, you're clever
Interesting. But I do actually think you're wrong.
Which bit do you most take issue with?

I struggle to think of any fiction that has made me cry, but for some reason Long Lost Family always manages it.

User avatar
JimBentley
Legend
Posts: 2691
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Location: Redcar, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by JimBentley » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:14 pm
To expand on this further, I'm not sure it's really about empathy anyway. There are a lot of things where people are like "OMG, this is like so amazeballs", and I'm like "Yeah, it's OK" and quite often these are things that have nothing to do with human emotions. For example, Jono's ridiculous reaction to the Honda Cog advert.
No, that's just enjoying something because it's very accomplished, in this case from a technical point of view. It's not really relevant here. And Jono saying that he applauded for ten minutes was fairly obviously not something that literally happened. Perhaps hyperbole is another thing that you don't understand?
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:14 pm
But also, you might say "lacking empathy", whereas I might say "less emotionally manipulable". And this goes for e.g. adverts that have an emotive theme but that are really tenuously linked to the product in question - Mr Phil Reynolds I'm looking at you (same link as the Jono one but the video link is broken so have another).
Unsure if you're deliberately misunderstanding things now. Phil was just saying that it was an uplifting message and it being on an advert is unusual, because most adverts are shite. At no point did he even intimate that Google were good. He just said that the message was good.
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:14 pm
I bet you guys all look forward to the John Lewis Christmas adverts.
That's just a cheap shot, really, and I think you're better than that.

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 pm

JimBentley wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:04 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:14 pm
But also, you might say "lacking empathy", whereas I might say "less emotionally manipulable". And this goes for e.g. adverts that have an emotive theme but that are really tenuously linked to the product in question - Mr Phil Reynolds I'm looking at you (same link as the Jono one but the video link is broken so have another).
Unsure if you're deliberately misunderstanding things now. Phil was just saying that it was an uplifting message and it being on an advert is unusual, because most adverts are shite. At no point did he even intimate that Google were good. He just said that the message was good.
It's not even an ad for Google (which I like, inasmuch as I use it every day). It's an ad for Chrome, which I hate because it keeps trying to install itself on every computer I use.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:00 am

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:16 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:57 pm
The question to ask Gavin is when was the last time you cried ?
Dunno. But it can happen. It also depends on how you define crying - does it have to be full on streaming tears or does a bit of welling up in the eyes that doesn't make it down your face count?
I was just trying to ascertain if anything unrelated to physical pain makes you weep
Like Opera, a book, a piece of art or a film.
Or some of these mawkish programs like Surprise, Surprise .
I do agree with Jim, that as you get older you are more likely to cry at a film or TV.
Obviously grief and having children and grandchildren contribute.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Mark James
Kiloposter
Posts: 1210
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:21 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Mark James » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:22 am

Decided to give The Good Place a try and wow, was not expecting that. It's fantastic. Watched all of season one tonight. Really clever and manages to touch on some hardcore philosophy but with some proper laugh out loud moments. Ted Danson is a scream.

User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Jennifer Steadman » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am

Killing Eve - Completely in love with this, even though it tails off a bit in the second half of the series. Villanelle is pretty much the most engaging female character I've ever seen in a show. I love her and want to be her (minus the killing, I guess) and ABSOLUTELY want her wardrobe. Probably going to rewatch it in the near future.

Fleabag - Not finding it as funny as I thought I would? The Obama scene was very entertaining though.

Bojack Horseman season 5 - Outstanding first half, less engaging in the second half. Getting to a point where I hope they just kill Todd off; his moronic storylines are a constant, jarring distraction that increasingly feel forced and unwieldy. The Vietnam episode was my personal favourite. Luckily Gevin won't judge me because I totally didn't cry at the last 5 minutes :?

Crazy Ex Girlfriend season 4 - It's OK, but think it's probably for the best that this is its last season.

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - Haven't watched this since like 2007 but with a cast of Harry Redknapp, John Barrowman, Anne Hegerty, Nick Knowles and NOEL EDMONDS, I was powerless to resist its siren call. And it's been fucking great so far - a love-in, but a fun love-in. Harry Redknapp and John Barrowman striking up a truly pure bromance is the most wholesome and beautiful thing. Very, very excited for Edmonds entering the jungle tonight.

In more trash reality viewing I've also been watching Masterchef Professionals (hardly, Marcus Wareing only has 1 Michelin star now ffs), Hell's Kitchen (way better when they're shit and he chucks them all out of the kitchen), and The Apprentice (the doughnut episode is one of the funniest things I've seen this year).
🍆

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:35 am

I'm glad that you agreed that the second half of Killing Eve trailed off in the second half.
They should have kept the two leads apart for longer.
As for Villanelle, the actress who played her was equally as good in Thirteen a BBC 3 show.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
Fleabag - Not finding it as funny as I thought I would? The Obama scene was very entertaining though.
It's another of those genre-busting things that either appeals or it doesn't depending on what you're looking for. The last episode is brutally sad - and yes, I cried (again).

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8496
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Gavin Chipper » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:08 pm

JimBentley wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:04 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:14 pm
To expand on this further, I'm not sure it's really about empathy anyway. There are a lot of things where people are like "OMG, this is like so amazeballs", and I'm like "Yeah, it's OK" and quite often these are things that have nothing to do with human emotions. For example, Jono's ridiculous reaction to the Honda Cog advert.
No, that's just enjoying something because it's very accomplished, in this case from a technical point of view. It's not really relevant here. And Jono saying that he applauded for ten minutes was fairly obviously not something that literally happened. Perhaps hyperbole is another thing that you don't understand?
This is precisely why it is relevant. My point was that it's not that I lack empathy, but that I'm generally less impressed by stuff I watch on TV. That can be emotional stuff or technical stuff. Yes, Jono was probably exaggerating, but the main point is that he was fucking impressed by it.
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:14 pm
But also, you might say "lacking empathy", whereas I might say "less emotionally manipulable". And this goes for e.g. adverts that have an emotive theme but that are really tenuously linked to the product in question - Mr Phil Reynolds I'm looking at you (same link as the Jono one but the video link is broken so have another).
Unsure if you're deliberately misunderstanding things now. Phil was just saying that it was an uplifting message and it being on an advert is unusual, because most adverts are shite. At no point did he even intimate that Google were good. He just said that the message was good.
Well, it's more that I would instantly see that advert as a cynical ploy by a psychopathic advertising executive. So the more uplifting the message, the worse it makes the advert for me. (Not that I would be against all uplifting adverts, but that one strikes me as particularly cynical.)
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:14 pm
I bet you guys all look forward to the John Lewis Christmas adverts.
That's just a cheap shot, really, and I think you're better than that.
I can only apologise.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
Killing Eve - Completely in love with this, even though it tails off a bit in the second half of the series. Villanelle is pretty much the most engaging female character I've ever seen in a show. I love her and want to be her (minus the killing, I guess) and ABSOLUTELY want her wardrobe. Probably going to rewatch it in the near future.

Fleabag - Not finding it as funny as I thought I would? The Obama scene was very entertaining though.

Bojack Horseman season 5 - Outstanding first half, less engaging in the second half. Getting to a point where I hope they just kill Todd off; his moronic storylines are a constant, jarring distraction that increasingly feel forced and unwieldy. The Vietnam episode was my personal favourite. Luckily Gevin won't judge me because I totally didn't cry at the last 5 minutes :?

Crazy Ex Girlfriend season 4 - It's OK, but think it's probably for the best that this is its last season.

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - Haven't watched this since like 2007 but with a cast of Harry Redknapp, John Barrowman, Anne Hegerty, Nick Knowles and NOEL EDMONDS, I was powerless to resist its siren call. And it's been fucking great so far - a love-in, but a fun love-in. Harry Redknapp and John Barrowman striking up a truly pure bromance is the most wholesome and beautiful thing. Very, very excited for Edmonds entering the jungle tonight.

In more trash reality viewing I've also been watching Masterchef Professionals (hardly, Marcus Wareing only has 1 Michelin star now ffs), Hell's Kitchen (way better when they're shit and he chucks them all out of the kitchen), and The Apprentice (the doughnut episode is one of the funniest things I've seen this year).
Noel Edmonds bushtucker trial has to be Eel or no Eel
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 7424
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Matt Morrison » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:35 pm

Sorry, Heather called it already - Meal or No Meal

User avatar
JimBentley
Legend
Posts: 2691
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Location: Redcar, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by JimBentley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
Fleabag - Not finding it as funny as I thought I would? The Obama scene was very entertaining though.
I've not watched this because I was put off by the Guardian's constant articles about how it was The Greatest Comedy Show Ever Made And So Transgressive And Amazing And Empowering. Whereas if the gender roles were reversed, they'd have been slagging it off. Also it didn't really sound very funny. I don't know, maybe I'll give it a whirl sometime.
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
In more trash reality viewing I've also been watching Masterchef Professionals
I totally love MCTP (as all the cool kids call it). Both Marcus and Monica are totally firm but fair and I like that they can be really encouraging when things go wrong. They both come across as really nice people who genuinely want the contestants to do well. I especially love Monica as I have a bit of a thing for women who wear glasses.
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - NOEL EDMONDS...Very, very excited for Edmonds entering the jungle tonight.
I too am going to watch this tonight for the first time in many years, just for the Edmonds action. It has the potential to be the funniest (or most car-crashy) thing ever shown on primetime ITV. I've been a bit obsessed with Noel ever since House Party was cancelled, because that was the point that he went from "annoying twat" to "completely mental". I really hope that he starts banging on about Lloyds Bank at some point.

Actually I have so much Noel stuff that I need to share that I'm going to start a Noel thread tonight, just need to get it all together. You're going to love it. We can revel in Noel's antics forever. For the moment though, I'll just leave this here:

Image

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:32 pm

JimBentley wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:48 pm
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
Fleabag - Not finding it as funny as I thought I would? The Obama scene was very entertaining though.
I've not watched this because I was put off by the Guardian's constant articles about how it was The Greatest Comedy Show Ever Made And So Transgressive And Amazing And Empowering. Whereas if the gender roles were reversed, they'd have been slagging it off.
I don't really understand this. The gender of the title character is pretty irrelevant. It's the fact that she's a messed-up human being which is initially mildly funny, until you find out why she's messed up, at which point it turns very bleak indeed. I just Googled the Guardian's articles on it and the first one I came up with compared it to Miranda, which it's about as far away from as I could imagine.

User avatar
JimBentley
Legend
Posts: 2691
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Location: Redcar, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by JimBentley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:32 pm
JimBentley wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:48 pm
Jennifer Steadman wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:21 am
Fleabag - Not finding it as funny as I thought I would? The Obama scene was very entertaining though.
I've not watched this because I was put off by the Guardian's constant articles about how it was The Greatest Comedy Show Ever Made And So Transgressive And Amazing And Empowering. Whereas if the gender roles were reversed, they'd have been slagging it off.
I don't really understand this. The gender of the title character is pretty irrelevant. It's the fact that she's a messed-up human being which is initially mildly funny, until you find out why she's messed up, at which point it turns very bleak indeed. I just Googled the Guardian's articles on it and the first one I came up with compared it to Miranda, which it's about as far away from as I could imagine.
Well, as I said, I've not seen it so I probably shouldn't be commenting about it, to be honest. But it certainly seemed that way at the time, mentions of Fleabag were shoehorned into pretty much every article about television (and a lot of other articles) and I just got bored with it. And do you seriously think that there would have been similar hyperbolic praise had a sitcom scene featured - for instance - a male lead character wanking off watching Michelle Obama?

They did a very similar thing when Beyonce released "Lemonade", it was like every single commentator had to write an article about how groundbreaking and amazing the album was, so much so that it became a joke within the comment sections. It's not that the album was bad, it was quite competent as albums by major commercial artists go, but that's all it was. It wasn't a genre-defining feminist/political statement, it was just a collection of moderately catchy pop songs that was hyped beyond belief, but reading the reviews you would think that this album was not only the best of its year, it was the best of all-time. That sort of unjustified hype puts me off and I think is ultimately counter-productive.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm

My missus just got the Christmas TV guide and just to give those interested the heads up that a Young Offenders chrsitmas Special is on BBC one at 11.15 pm 23rd December.
Can't wait
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8496
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm
My missus just got the Christmas TV guide and just to give those interested the heads up that a Young Offenders chrsitmas Special is on BBC one at 11.15 pm 23rd December.
Can't wait
I will watch that, but I can wait.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Sorry, that I used my least favourite figure of speech, evidently, I can wait but hopefully you knew what I meant.
Although in this modern age the time and date of a program has almost become irrelevant with the various forms of catch up TV available.
Although I'm still pissed off that the BBC' didn't keep They Shall Not Grow Old on the iPlayer for longer than a week 😠
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm
just to give those interested the heads up that a Young Offenders chrsitmas Special is on BBC one at 11.15 pm 23rd December.
Yeah, I spotted a clip from this in a festive trailer montage thing on BBC1 the other night. Hopefully a precursor to a full second series.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8496
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Gavin Chipper » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:47 pm
Sorry, that I used my least favourite figure of speech, evidently, I can wait but hopefully you knew what I meant.
Although in this modern age the time and date of a program has almost become irrelevant with the various forms of catch up TV available.
Although I'm still pissed off that the BBC' didn't keep They Shall Not Grow Old on the iPlayer for longer than a week 😠
I wasn't being pedantic; I just meant that while I'm looking forward to it, I don't think it's quite as great as you do.

Some films have weird rights issues so either don't go on the iPlayer or only go on for a short amount of time. Just make sure you check these things before they expire! I watched it - quite moving! :D

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm
just to give those interested the heads up that a Young Offenders chrsitmas Special is on BBC one at 11.15 pm 23rd December.
Yeah, I spotted a clip from this in a festive trailer montage thing on BBC1 the other night. Hopefully a precursor to a full second series.
I would be shocked if RTE didn't commission a second series
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm
My missus just got the Christmas TV guide and just to give those interested the heads up that a Young Offenders chrsitmas Special is on BBC one at 11.15 pm 23rd December.
The Radio Times preview is suitably appetite-whetting:

Image

It's on iPlayer from today. All six episodes of the first series are also available. I just plucked up courage to rewatch episode 3 and was a howling ball of snot by the end credits.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Cheers Phil , that's tonight's entertainment sorted
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 am

No spoiler review of The Young Offenders Christmas Special
The boys are back on form, funny, touching, sweet and gross in all the right measures.
Not good for my Chest infection though
Roll on Season 2
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Paul Worsley
Acolyte
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Paul Worsley » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:23 pm

"Narcos: Mexico" on Netflix.

I suppose it's very similar to "Narcos", but set in Mexico, and with cannabis instead of cocaine (although they do upgrade to smuggling cocaine for the Colombians).

It's very violent and most of the dialogue is subtitled, but fascinating nonetheless. This series highlights the government/police/Mexican DEA corruption much more than the previous series did.

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:25 am

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 am
No spoiler review of The Young Offenders Christmas Special
The boys are back on form, funny, touching, sweet and gross in all the right measures.
Not good for my Chest infection though
Roll on Season 2
I thought it was OK. Had some nice moments, and I liked the development of the character of Billy, but it suffered from the same problem as most "Christmas specials" in that the sentiment seemed pasted on rather than being a natural by-product of the characters and their situation. Also the principal's family didn't really have much to do with the plot, and the filming location for Conor's house had clearly changed from the first series. But anyway, hopefully we won't have to wait too long for series 2.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:28 am

Well season one came out in March, so here's hoping.

I spent too long watching the Christmas special trying to work out where j had seen Robert Sheehan before.
I eventually worked it out ( using IMDB ) that he played BJ in the excellent Red Riding1983 , Channel Four drama based on the David Peace books
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Marc Meakin wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:28 am
season one came out in March
I watched it in February.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:25 am

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:28 am
season one came out in March
I watched it in February.
I probably was on an RTE website.
I'm guessing the iPlayer had it earlier
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
Posts: 3237
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Phil Reynolds » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 am

Marc Meakin wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:25 am
Phil Reynolds wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm
Marc Meakin wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:28 am
season one came out in March
I watched it in February.
I probably was on an RTE website.
I'm guessing the iPlayer had it earlier
I watched it on a thing called BBC1. It's great, you should give it a try.

User avatar
Marc Meakin
Postmaster General
Posts: 3296
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Re: What TV programmes have you been watching lately?

Post by Marc Meakin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 am
Marc Meakin wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:25 am
Phil Reynolds wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm


I watched it in February.
I probably was on an RTE website.
I'm guessing the iPlayer had it earlier
I watched it on a thing called BBC1. It's great, you should give it a try.
Try not to watch BBC TV as it's ruining TV with its positive discrimination gone mad policy.( Dr Who, I rest my case ).
However for some bizarre reason I don't include the iPlayer in my own discrimination.
What can I say I'm full of contradictions !!
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests