Judith Keppels £1 million question.....

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Judith Keppels £1 million question.....

Post by Steven M. McCann »

Come On Down! The Game Show Story.
On "Millionaire", Judith Keppels £1 million question was Who was Eleanor of Aquitaine married to?
Wasn't it an amazing coincidence Judith had visited her tomb a few months earlier and seen her resting with her husband, Henry II.
Unless of course the producers knew this.............then it mightn't have been an amazing coincidence after all!
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: Judith Keppels £1 million question.....

Post by Mark Deeks »

I imagine it was very much a coincidence. People food at quizzes tend to be people who go on educational trips.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Mark Deeks wrote:I imagine it was very much a coincidence. People food at quizzes tend to be people who go on educational trips.
Freudian cannibal.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Mark Deeks wrote:I imagine it was very much a coincidence. People food at quizzes tend to be people who go on educational trips.
You say that, but I remember at the time there was quite a feeling building of "nobody's ever going to actually win the million", plus it just so happened that her episode very neatly went head-to-head with something big on BBC1 (think it was the last-ever episode of One Foot In The Grave, or something like that.)

I'm with Steven.
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Post by Steven M. McCann »

I'm sure fellow Egghead (plus Mastermind & Millionaire winner) Pat Gibson rubbed his hands when he saw his £1 Million question!
It was a pretty easy question about Horse Racing, he not only worked for Totesport Bookmakers at the time, but he's also a keen racing fan!
Heather Styles

Post by Heather Styles »

If I had been facing the Eleanor of Aquitaine question, one thing that would have pretty much guaranteed my getting it wrong would have been if I had recently visited her tomb. I tend to find that it's the things that I jolly well should know/actually do know are the very things that I have very little hope of getting right in a quiz.