Spoilers for Friday August 9th 2013 (Series 69 Prelim 26)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday August 9th 2013 (Series 69 Prelim 26)

Post by Jordan F »

Dylan Taylor has scored 3 wins, all over 120 points. Can he get a 4th? We have a new guest in the corner today too, a veteran who is making her first appearance in over a year, "presenter" (I quote that because that seems a very general term to me) Gloria Hunniford.

Because I always seem to lose track of the ever shifting Friday recappers, I will simply say join not me for the recap later.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Friday August 9th 2013 (Series 69 Prelim 26

Post by Andy Platt »

Familiar name in the chair. I'd actually remembered it wrong from being at the recordings myself and thought Dominic was next week.
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

Yes, I wasn't aware of this myself (and just tuned in myself), but Dylan's opponent today is apterite Dominic James.
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

As soon as I saw Dominic James, I knew I knew him from somewhere. It was only half way through the prog that I realised he was at CoHud 2013.

Unlucky to be drawn against Dylan.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

Pathetic there, Dylan. Only 113? The Countdown gods shame you.

Well done again in all seriousness. And for Dominic, I feel similar to Zarte in that Dominic probably would have done quite well had he not been drawn against Dylan too. I think the 6 small tactics would have gotten you 10 points above most opponents as well.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Surprised owleries wasn't in. Well done Dylan another good ton score. 8-) Unlucky Dominic, I echo what Jordan said about you.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

I thought OWLERIES^ was in too, it's only been removed from the apterous dictionary recently. Unlucky to come up against Dylan, Dominic! You probably wouldn't have risked some of your words against lesser players so you can be proud of your performance, despite the harsh final score.

TAUTOMER for an equaller in round 1.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jack Worsley wrote:I thought OWLERIES^ was in too, it's only been removed from the apterous dictionary recently.
Yeah, when he said it, I thought, "superb yet again", so well shocked when Susie said no, so LOERIES for 7 will do. :)

EARNINGS/ENGRAINS again in round 4, DANIOS/OOTIDS in round 8, PATONCE in round 10 and ROACHES in round 13.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jordan F wrote:Yes, I wasn't aware of this myself (and just tuned in myself), but Dylan's opponent today is apterite Dominic James.
Was he the one with all that reiki shite?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:
Jordan F wrote:Yes, I wasn't aware of this myself (and just tuned in myself), but Dylan's opponent today is apterite Dominic James.
Was he the one with all that reiki shite?
If you like to call it that, Corby, then yes. :)