Near-future contestants?

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Dave Preece
Devotee

Near-future contestants?

Post by Dave Preece »

Any more decent and or apter-players scheduled to appear on the show this series?
James Roper
Rookie

Re: Near-future contestants?

Post by James Roper »

Dylan Taylor and Josh Hurst are either this series or next series.

Zarte Siempre is on next series, as is Jen Steadman I think.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Mark Ivey airs on the 22nd May - if you don't know him, his standard isn't really any different to most contestants with about 5 maxes per game or so according to apterous.

Glen Webb is on later in the series but has not recorded yet, and should air early-middle June. What I've heard though is that if he wins his first 6 or 7 games (if you don't know him this is indeed very likely, I'd say he's naturally a better player than Giles & I, but hasn't put in anywhere near the same practice) then he runs out of shows in Series 68 effectively and will be the overhanging champion into Series 69 (like Rachael was going into S68).

As far as decent non-apto players go, well that would be a massive spoiler, so let's not go there hey. PM if you're desperate.

There is no chance of Dylan or Josh appearing in this series. There's only one block of filming left and that is Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday next week and I'd be one of the first to know if they were. Indeed I have heard nothing about Josh being in the next series either and I'm sure it'd be all over apto if he was, so I'm not sure where that has come from.

Zarte, Dylan, Jen, Matt Bayfield have all applied and are at various stages - Jen's completed her phone audition, Zarte too I think. All of these could potentially challenge for the Series, but in my opinion at least the most likely final would be Dylan v Jen (if they both get broadcast and avoid each other, naturally)

Adam Dexter has passed his audition but seems to think he will be on in Series 70 according to FB but isn't as strong a player as the previous 4.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Presumably Matt Bayfield was waiting for the extra numbers round before he applied.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Andy Platt wrote:Adam Dexter has passed his audition but seems to think he will be on in Series 70 according to FB but isn't as strong a player as the previous 4.
Edward McCullagh 37 – 53 Adam Dexter ring a bell?
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Adam Gillard wrote:
Andy Platt wrote:Adam Dexter has passed his audition but seems to think he will be on in Series 70 according to FB but isn't as strong a player as the previous 4.
Adam's got a point - I only beat that Edward McCullen guy by 15 points at CoBliv, so Dex is better than me.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

Andy Platt wrote:Mark Ivey airs on the 22nd May - if you don't know him, his standard isn't really any different to most contestants with about 5 maxes per game or so according to apterous.

Glen Webb is on later in the series but has not recorded yet, and should air early-middle June. What I've heard though is that if he wins his first 6 or 7 games (if you don't know him this is indeed very likely, I'd say he's naturally a better player than Giles & I, but hasn't put in anywhere near the same practice) then he runs out of shows in Series 68 effectively and will be the overhanging champion into Series 69 (like Rachael was going into S68).

As far as decent non-apto players go, well that would be a massive spoiler, so let's not go there hey. PM if you're desperate.

There is no chance of Dylan or Josh appearing in this series. There's only one block of filming left and that is Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday next week and I'd be one of the first to know if they were. Indeed I have heard nothing about Josh being in the next series either and I'm sure it'd be all over apto if he was, so I'm not sure where that has come from.

Zarte, Dylan, Jen, Matt Bayfield have all applied and are at various stages - Jen's completed her phone audition, Zarte too I think. All of these could potentially challenge for the Series, but in my opinion at least the most likely final would be Dylan v Jen (if they both get broadcast and avoid each other, naturally)

Adam Dexter has passed his audition but seems to think he will be on in Series 70 according to FB but isn't as strong a player as the previous 4.
Thanks Andy, your shit is TOP bombing...!!!

;-)
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Yeah, the last I heard from anyone is that I should be on "early" next series - what's defined as early though, I'm not entirely sure :)
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Post by Adam Dexter »

Adam Gillard wrote:
Haha you guys...

Well all I heard is between June and November I think. As the June spots seem to have been filled, looks like it'll be series 70. Thank God for that!
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

Adam Dexter wrote:
Adam Gillard wrote:
Haha you guys...

Well all I heard is between June and November I think. As the June spots seem to have been filled, looks like it'll be series 70. Thank God for that!
The heats are filming between June and September. I think June and July are sorted but August and September are yet to be arranged, so you could be in one of those filming slots.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

I believe I saw it mentioned that Dylan is taping...either this month or early next, do not remember which.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jordan F wrote:I believe I saw it mentioned that Dylan is taping...either this month or early next, do not remember which.
It's in 2 weeks time I believe. Possibility of him and Zarte as a matchup. 8-)
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Post by Adam Dexter »

I've been confirmed for game 3 of the 31st July :)
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Why did this thread become defunct?

http://www.c4countdown.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2154
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

James Robinson wrote:
Jordan F wrote:I believe I saw it mentioned that Dylan is taping...either this month or early next, do not remember which.
Zarte recorded today
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Anthony Endsor wrote:
James Robinson wrote:
Zarte recorded today
I feel like I'm being spied on...
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

Hi Zarte

I was in the audience Monday afternoon, so saw the first 3 shows of the day. You were the challenger for the last one.
You could call it spying I suppose :lol:
Also leaves me open to the same accusation with Andy Platt and Glen Webb, lol.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Ah, I probably saw you then, seeing as I was in the audience for the first 2 games as well. Hope you had fun :)
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

You probably did. I was sat with my mother a couple of rows behind you, wearing a Countdown shirt :)
I've been a few times recently to recordings. Now it's moved closer to my home in Manchester it's ideal.
It is great fun. Dudley always makes it a fun experience with his jokes, some of which I've heard a few times now. Also by being there you get the studio atmosphere which is always good. So much different to watching at home.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Anthony Endsor wrote:You probably did. I was sat with my mother a couple of rows behind you, wearing a Countdown shirt :)
I've been a few times recently to recordings. Now it's moved closer to my home in Manchester it's ideal.
It is great fun. Dudley always makes it a fun experience with his jokes, some of which I've heard a few times now. Also by being there you get the studio atmosphere which is always good. So much different to watching at home.
Shame we didn't meet up, Anthony. Me and Jonathan Rawlinson were there all day, although Jonathan had to leave to catch his train just after the 4th show, but Chris Davies was there for the last 2 shows. :)
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

James Robinson wrote:
Anthony Endsor wrote:You probably did. I was sat with my mother a couple of rows behind you, wearing a Countdown shirt :)
Shame we didn't meet up, Anthony. Me and Jonathan Rawlinson were there all day, although Jonathan had to leave to catch his train just after the 4th show, but Chris Davies was there for the last 2 shows. :)
Hi James

If only we'd known that would have been good. I probably saw you all there, I certainly recognised Jonathan, though he probably wouldn't know me. If ever any of you are coming up again, let me know as I do go quite a bit these days. :-)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Anthony Endsor wrote:
James Robinson wrote:
Hi James

If only we'd known that would have been good. I probably saw you all there, I certainly recognised Jonathan, though he probably wouldn't know me. If ever any of you are coming up again, let me know as I do go quite a bit these days. :-)
Well, I'm heading there again in mid-July, so maybe we'll see each other then. :)
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

Possibly. I'm looking at whether or not I can make mid-July at the moment. I'll let you know if I do, otherwise it's likely to be August or September. :)