Spoilers for Friday January 11th (Birthday Prelim 5)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday January 11th (Birthday Prelim 5)

Post by Jordan F »

We've reached the end of the first week of the birthday championship, and it's been at an unbelievable (Jeff) standard. I think this is likely to continue with today's match-up as well. This match up features two people who've kept up their wordsmithery after their appearances. On one end, you have Mark Tournoff, the series 52 champion and runner up in the 12th Champion of Champions; who has written a book about his Countdown experiences. On the other end, you have Nick Deller, a 3 game winner and finals alternate for series 28; who since has been editing and playing Scrabble frequently. Both have been practicing on Apterous as well, so we'll see who comes out ahead here. It's the end of Dave Myers for now, who I'm still trying to figure out if I like or not.

Join our newest recapper, Heather Styles, for her recap later.
Last edited by Jordan F on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for Friday January 11th (Birthday Prelim 5)

Post by James Robinson »

Here are the stats:

Firstly, Series 52 Champion & CoC XII Runner-Up Mark Tournoff - 15 Games, 14 Wins, 1,562 Points. (Average: 104.13)
Highest Score: 138 vs. John Gray (Quarter-Final)
Lowest Score: 79 vs. Keith Jones (7th Game)
9's Achieved: 7/12
Total Points/Max/%: 1562/1907 (82%)
Letters Points/Max/%: 1061/1316 (81%)
Numbers Points/Max/%: 371/441 (84%)
Conundrum Points/Max/%: 130/150 (87%)

Secondly, Series 28 Contestant Nick Deller - 4 Games, 3 Wins, 219 Points. (Average: 54.75) (All 9 rounders)
Highest Score: 62 vs. Vera Horseman (2nd Game)
Lowest Score: 35 vs. Dave Ledger (4th Game)
9's Achieved: 1/1
Total Points/Max/%: 219/298 (73%)
Letters Points/Max/%: 140/178 (79%)
Numbers Points/Max/%: 69/80 (86%)
Conundrum Points/Max/%: 10/40 (25%)
Jordan F wrote:Join Thomas for the recap later.
No, you won't, you'll be joining Heather Styles, who has now taken over from Thomas, as of today. 8-)
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

James Robinson wrote:Here are the stats:
Jordan F wrote:Join Thomas for the recap later.
No, you won't, you'll be joining Heather Styles, who has now taken over from Thomas, as of today. 8-)
Whoops. Didn't even see that conversation happen. No matter, will edit appropriately.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Happy Birthday Rachel - didn't know it was today :-(

Wish they show stills from the contestants' original Countdown appearance.

Have to rely on James' stats - Nick is not giving much information other than their year and series appearance
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Great game so far.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

GOPURA! R13.
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

Is PORUNGA a word? For some reason that stuck in my head with round 13. I possibly could have just made that up.

Wow. What an ending between two people who just could not shake each other and played consistently strong. Not much else we can ask for in the last game of the week. Very well done Mark, very very unlucky to Nick.
Last edited by Jordan F on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Jordan F wrote:Is PORUNGA a word? For some reason that stuck in my head with round 13. I possibly could have just made that up.
Perhaps you're thinking of PORANGI?
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Excellent double ton game, most exciting game of the week, well done to both. 8-)
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Superb game yet again, it's a surprise to me that it's taken this long for us to have a crucial conundrum. It was a game that neither player deserved to lose, so hard luck Nick and well done for holding your nerve and getting through yet another crucial, Mark!

TORNADIC for a R2 alt.
Last edited by Jack Worsley on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Wow - couldn't slip a cigarette paper between them. Well played Mark and Nick.

When Nick buzzed in at 29 seconds..... heart skipped a beat :-) Never heard of the conundrum answer.

Both disallowed words valid playing to the "other" dictionary.

Round 1: ISSUANCE ???
John Garcia
Enthusiast

Post by John Garcia »

Fantastic game! Was great to finally put a face to Mark Tournoff. I think I was off away at uni when he first came on. Well done Mark, and bad luck Nick.

I got the conundrum (for once!) after 10 seconds. I saw "RAIN", then "RAN" and then the other letters dropped into place.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

This game was a testament to Countdown, but due to more than the result. When Nick (Deller) despobuzzed at the 29 second mark, Nick (Hewer) made a mistake and said Mark buzzed. This meant a pick-up was needed. For some reason, though, this retake took more than 90 seconds (really) to do. All this time Nick (Deller) is sitting there, having buzzed, but without having made his guess. He could have spent that time surreptitiously working it out - who would know? But he didn't. I asked Nick on the walk home from the studio if he was still trying to work it out in that time. He said no, he wouldn't do that to Mark, just as he wouldn't expect Mark to do it to him. That's a great attitude to have and it's a shame that someone representing the game in that way has to lose. Good game gents, well done Mark, unlucky Nick, but heads held high all around.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Mark Deeks wrote:This game was a testament to Countdown, but due to more than the result. When Nick (Deller) despobuzzed at the 29 second mark, Nick (Hewer) made a mistake and said Mark buzzed. This meant a pick-up was needed. For some reason, though, this retake took more than 90 seconds (really) to do. All this time Nick (Deller) is sitting there, having buzzed, but without having made his guess. He could have spent that time surreptitiously working it out - who would know? But he didn't. I asked Nick on the walk home from the studio if he was still trying to work it out in that time. He said no, he wouldn't do that to Mark, just as he wouldn't expect Mark to do it to him. That's a great attitude to have and it's a shame that someone representing the game in that way has to lose. Good game gents, well done Mark, unlucky Nick, but heads held high all around.
That's interesting to hear, and heartening, and doesn't surprise me at all.

A really great contest and a great show too.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Awesome show. Terrific standard. Thrilling finish. Much enjoyed. Bravo gents!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Another awesome show today :!: :!: :!: Has there ever been a better week of shows, where it wasn't a finals week :?: :?: :?:

Very well done to Mark on staying calm in those last few rounds (nerves could easily have crept in after VAGUES (I thought it was in too...... :oops: )), but a big hand to Nick D for also contributing to this brilliant game that has topped off this brilliant week. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) :geek: :ugeek:
Martin Long
Acolyte

Post by Martin Long »

Another excellent game. Well done Mark and Nick!
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

On an interesting side note, this is the first "upset" according to Michael Wallace's predictor. (Nick was put at 15th at last check, Mark at 28th.)
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Jordan F wrote:On an interesting side note, this is the first "upset" according to Michael Wallace's predictor. (Nick was put at 15th at last check, Mark at 28th.)
Yep, just noticed this myself. (Although for the sake of my reputation I should point out both of these guys are sufficiently regular players that I didn't actually do any estimation of their abilities. Honest guv, etc.)
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Absolutely excellent game. All credit to Nick for both playing to an excellent standard and for his attitude towards the conundrum 'fracas' at the end (as Mark mentioned). It was great to finally see such a legend on TV for once and beating Mark for the first time on Apterous was definitely one of my highlights. In fact, even Innis said one day as we played "Wow! Mark Tournoff's just entered the room!" So here's hoping you can stay a bit longer! :D
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:It was great to finally see such a legend on TV for once and beating Mark for the first time on Apterous was definitely one of my highlights. In fact, even Innis said one day as we played "Wow! Mark Tournoff's just entered the room!" So here's hoping you can stay a bit longer! :D
And on a related note I seem to remember Conor Travers saying at CoLei3 (CoLeiii) that he regards Mark Tournoff as the greatest ever match player at Countdown.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Mark Deeks wrote:This game was a testament to Countdown, but due to more than the result. When Nick (Deller) despobuzzed at the 29 second mark, Nick (Hewer) made a mistake and said Mark buzzed. This meant a pick-up was needed. For some reason, though, this retake took more than 90 seconds (really) to do. All this time Nick (Deller) is sitting there, having buzzed, but without having made his guess. He could have spent that time surreptitiously working it out - who would know? But he didn't. I asked Nick on the walk home from the studio if he was still trying to work it out in that time. He said no, he wouldn't do that to Mark, just as he wouldn't expect Mark to do it to him. That's a great attitude to have and it's a shame that someone representing the game in that way has to lose. Good game gents, well done Mark, unlucky Nick, but heads held high all around.
Interesting, cheers for sharing that Mark. I'm quite shocked that, despite a pickup being needed, it wasn't thought to make him announce his guess at the time? There are definitely players around who wouldn't be as honest as Nick (and even if you're not actively trying to solve, it might still hit you).

Anyway, that aside, cracking game to round off a fantastic week, and we've got seven more of these to go! Heaven.

Congratulations Mark and commiserations Nick.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I'm pretty sure Nick wanted continents at one point.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Nick Deller
Rookie

Post by Nick Deller »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:I'm pretty sure Nick wanted continents at one point.
Actually, I wanted quadruple strength throat pastilles pretty much throughout and probably should have had the sense to ask for some. If it had been a normal series, I might well have cried off and asked for a new recording date, I barely had enough voice to get me through that one game. So yeah - continents probably not so good, but it could easily have been conshhghghhackcoughcoughCOUGH. And that wouldn't have been especially good telly.

So Conundrum-gate... yeah, it was a bit unfortunate. Not quite sure what went wrong on Nick H's part to make him unsure, to be honest, and hopefully it's been tightened up so it can't be repeated. As it was, no harm done so no drama, and not too much else to say about it.

More than happy about everything else, it was a completely unexpected privilege to be part of the tournament, and to have contributed a decent game, met so many Countdown legends, and PLAYED AGAINST MARK TOURNOFF :o :lol: 8-) :shock: :D is really just icing on the cake.

A big thanks to everyone involved for making me feel so welcome, and good luck to Mark against Conor (and, in the interests of fairness and even-handedness, good luck to Conor against Mark... and to all other players in the remaining games too). This tournament is only going to get better over the next 7 weeks...!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Jon Corby wrote:cracking game to round off a fantastic week, and we've got seven more of these to go!
I'm quite probably being a bit dumb here (and lazy) but I thought there was 9 prelims, i.e. 5 left now?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

He means weeks.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:cracking game to round off a fantastic week, and we've got seven more of these to go!
I'm quite probably being a bit dumb here (and lazy) but I thought there was 9 prelims, i.e. 5 left now?
Erm..........., 9 - 5 = :? :?:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Jon O'Neill wrote:He means weeks.
Ah, thanks. Not so dumb then, judgement call.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Erm..........., 9 - 5 = :? :?:
4. Simple.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Jojo Apollo wrote:Excellent double ton game, most exciting game of the week, well done to both. 8-)
Agreed. All I have to add is to echo the sentiments of others and say well done to Nick for being honest about the conundrum with all the faffing that ensued. Cracking week of Countdown!
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jon Corby wrote:
Interesting, cheers for sharing that Mark. I'm quite shocked that, despite a pickup being needed, it wasn't thought to make him announce his guess at the time? There are definitely players around who wouldn't be as honest as Nick (and even if you're not actively trying to solve, it might still hit you).
I am also a bit surprised to hear that. You'd think they'd at least ask for his answer straight away, even if they had to refilm him saying it. But if someone's honest enough not to actively try and solve, they're probably honest enough to go for their original answer if it does hit them.

But yeah, great game etc.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Yeah I think Jay (the floor manager) expected an instant pick-up so it wouldn't make a significant difference, but Nick continued to flub and it wound up taking way too long. Luckily, other Nick is made of the right stuff.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Countdown Team
Acolyte

Post by Countdown Team »

Just wanted to allay any fears about the Conundrum situation. The confusion was caused because as soon as a contestant buzzes, we shout the name of that contestant to Nick H via his earpiece, so he knows who to pounce upon for the answer. In this instance, after Nick Deller buzzed, we yelled "NICK" at Nick H, and he thought we were wanting his attention, so it threw him out a little. From the buzzing of Nick Deller to the incorrect answer being given, it took 25 seconds, during which time, Nick Deller kept his eyes firmly fixed on Nick Hewer and not on the monitor, so we were happy he wasn't trying to fudge an answer. Also, after he buzzed, his first two immediate words were "complete guess...", which made us confident he didn't have the right answer. He wasn't glancing at the monitors and still trying to solve it during the downtime, so there was no harm done really. Granted, Nick D could have tried to carry on solving it in his head during the confusion, but he didn't, and it would have been hard to justify getting the right answer having already declared his attempt at being a complete guess. Still, great sportsmanship and honesty and it's very much appreciated.

Likewise, a big thanks has to go to Jack Hurst. Jack saw a list of all the conundrums on a staff-members laptop while in the make-up room. He could have easily said nothing and used the information to his advantage when playing, but he let us know straight away and should be praised for his honesty.

We've changed them all now - and will 'retire' the other ones to the dustbin... so feel free to have a go at them and see what you can do.

CARATFREE
SPECCULOR
DONMIBEST
NEPALCHEF
ISSOUNFIT
SAINTELSE
NOTICKETS
NORASMITH
DIGIPETAL
VERRUCAUT
EAGLELOFT
REEMFRYUP
POSTACHIO
AHNICELAD
IBEHOTACE
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

If it was only 25 seconds, it certainly felt like a lot longer than that. Nevertheless, Nick D made the situatoin all right with hi integrity. Big fan of that.
Likewise, a big thanks has to go to Jack Hurst. Jack saw a list of all the conundrums on a staff-members laptop while in the make-up room. He could have easily said nothing and used the information to his advantage when playing, but he let us know straight away and should be praised for his honesty.
He might not have been quick enough anyway :D
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Nick Deller
Rookie

Post by Nick Deller »

Countdown Team wrote:Just wanted to allay any fears about the Conundrum situation. The confusion was caused because as soon as a contestant buzzes, we shout the name of that contestant to Nick H via his earpiece, so he knows who to pounce upon for the answer. In this instance, after Nick Deller buzzed, we yelled "NICK" at Nick H, and he thought we were wanting his attention, so it threw him out a little. From the buzzing of Nick Deller to the incorrect answer being given, it took 25 seconds, during which time, Nick Deller kept his eyes firmly fixed on Nick Hewer and not on the monitor, so we were happy he wasn't trying to fudge an answer. Also, after he buzzed, his first two immediate words were "complete guess...", which made us confident he didn't have the right answer. He wasn't glancing at the monitors and still trying to solve it during the downtime, so there was no harm done really. Granted, Nick D could have tried to carry on solving it in his head during the confusion, but he didn't, and it would have been hard to justify getting the right answer having already declared his attempt at being a complete guess. Still, great sportsmanship and honesty and it's very much appreciated.
I suppose I could have baffledly said "umm... ranKIDity?" as if I'd never ever come across the word before. :-)

On a practical note, is there anything in the MediaCity Toolbox of Awesome that could rig Nick H's desk up with a visual cue as to who buzzed? It'd be belt and braces as shouting at Nick Hewer is clearly a major perk of the job, but it could still be useful on occasion. All the same, it's good to know that the situation was more under control than it felt at the time.

The info about Jack also clears something up. I wasn't expecting anything as helpful as an -ITY ending in the conundrum, and probably lost the first 15 seconds looking elsewhere! Have been looking at DONMIBEST for about five minutes and am still nowhere near it, so we can assume changing the conundrum didn't change the game. Well done to him for another right thing done!
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Didn't know NOTICKETS. Solved the others in time apart from POSTACHIO. Good mix of conundrums there.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Nick Deller wrote:On a practical note, is there anything in the MediaCity Toolbox of Awesome that could rig Nick H's desk up with a visual cue as to who buzzed? It'd be belt and braces as shouting at Nick Hewer is clearly a major perk of the job, but it could still be useful on occasion. All the same, it's good to know that the situation was more under control than it felt at the time.
How about making the buzzers make different sounds, and having a light come on behind the contestant's nameplate? :P

But in all seriousness, this was a great game to watch, and it's a credit to the show that the good sportsmanship and honesty shown by Nick and Jack in those different situations is what I'd expect of any of the other participants.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Graeme Cole wrote:How about making the buzzers make different sounds.
This is where that animal noise idea we were working on would come into place.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Countdown Team
Acolyte

Post by Countdown Team »

Your conundrum wasn't affected by lap-top gate Nick, it was future shows.
There are two sounds, one is a bell, one is a buzzer. It's easy to empathise with Nick H's confusion. Whenever he's addressed and yelled at normally, it's for us to stop recording and get his attention, so it's just unfortunate. Of course, had you been called Bernard Deller, this wouldn't have happened, so perhaps you ought to take some of the blame.....
Nick Deller
Rookie

Post by Nick Deller »

Countdown Team wrote:Of course, had you been called Bernard Deller, this wouldn't have happened, so perhaps you ought to take some of the blame.....
I don't want to appear to be buck-passing here, but that's my mum's fault. And that wouldn't have happened if my dear departed aunt hadn't called her dog Nick. It just seems wrong to try to pin this on a dead dog. :D
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Surely whoever ousted Jeff needs to cop some of the blame too?
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

Jon Corby wrote:Surely whoever ousted Jeff needs to cop some of the blame too?
So it's actually Andy Gray's fault.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

If Mark had been behind and Nick buzzed in incorrectly, then Mark could have been in an awkward situation. Obviously Nick buzzing in gives Mark extra time to solve it, but if there's a mess-up, how much time does Mark "allow" himself? It might be that he doesn't see it at all in the delay time, but then gets it based on Nick's incorrect answer, so probably would have done anyway had there been no delay, so is it OK to then buzz in with it?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Still a great game on a second viewing. The relentless scoring with both still level after 8 rounds, and Mark scoring in the first 10 rounds, and only 1 off the max at that point. It's interesting that Nick Deller was a relative "unknown" by Countdown standards, having not made the quarter finals, even though he is an Apterite. But when he was on originally in 1994 he won his first three games with scores over 60 (9-rounders) before losing his fourth, so he was obviously a good player.
szodiac wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:35 pm When Nick buzzed in at 29 seconds..... heart skipped a beat :-) Never heard of the conundrum answer.
I can't leave this. Well I did for seven years it seems. It's RANCID + ITY - it's not a word you need to have "heard of" in explicity.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Preliminary 5 2020 Word Update

The max would have increased by 12 (TWELVE) points (from 119 to 131) if played today thanks to 7's available in R6 and 13, plus a NINE in R4, that weren't around in 2013.

New Words Now Allowed:

R1: ACQUISES, QUASSINE
R2: OCTRAINS
R4: PROMAZINE (increasing the MAX to 18 for a NINE!!!)
R6: PEATBOG (increasing the MAX to 7)
R7: ALNAGES, NASELLA
R8: NASTIFY, NRITYAS, OSTIARY, STORIFY
R11: AUGENS
R13: RANGPUR (increasing the MAX to 7)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Countdown Team wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:20 pm Just wanted to allay any fears about the Conundrum situation. The confusion was caused because as soon as a contestant buzzes, we shout the name of that contestant to Nick H via his earpiece, so he knows who to pounce upon for the answer. In this instance, after Nick Deller buzzed, we yelled "NICK" at Nick H, and he thought we were wanting his attention, so it threw him out a little. From the buzzing of Nick Deller to the incorrect answer being given, it took 25 seconds, during which time, Nick Deller kept his eyes firmly fixed on Nick Hewer and not on the monitor, so we were happy he wasn't trying to fudge an answer. Also, after he buzzed, his first two immediate words were "complete guess...", which made us confident he didn't have the right answer. He wasn't glancing at the monitors and still trying to solve it during the downtime, so there was no harm done really. Granted, Nick D could have tried to carry on solving it in his head during the confusion, but he didn't, and it would have been hard to justify getting the right answer having already declared his attempt at being a complete guess. Still, great sportsmanship and honesty and it's very much appreciated.

We've changed them all now - and will 'retire' the other ones to the dustbin... so feel free to have a go at them and see what you can do.

CARATFREE
SPECCULOR
DONMIBEST
NEPALCHEF
ISSOUNFIT
SAINTELSE
NOTICKETS
NORASMITH
DIGIPETAL
VERRUCAUT
EAGLELOFT
REEMFRYUP
POSTACHIO
AHNICELAD
IBEHOTACE
Whoa, can't believe I missed these the first time round! Good mix of conundrums there -- were these going to be for the final three weeks?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

James Robinson wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:46 pm Preliminary 5 2020 Word Update

The max would have increased by 12 (TWELVE) points (from 119 to 131) if played today thanks to 7's available in R6 and 13, plus a NINE in R4, that weren't around in 2013.

New Words Now Allowed:

R1: ACQUISES, QUASSINE
R2: OCTRAINS
R4: PROMAZINE (increasing the MAX to 18 for a NINE!!!)
R6: PEATBOG (increasing the MAX to 7)
R7: ALNAGES, NASELLA
R8: NASTIFY, NRITYAS, OSTIARY, STORIFY
R11: AUGENS
R13: RANGPUR (increasing the MAX to 7)
Yay I got that 9!