Spoilers for Tuesday 7 October

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Spoilers for Tuesday 7 October

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

2nd numbers game; 75, 8, 4, 7, 10, 4 - target 492

(75 - 10) x 8 = 520; 520 - (4 x 7) = 492
Mark Kudlowski
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 7 October

Post by Mark Kudlowski »

3rd numbers game: 3, 9, 10, 5, 6, 50 - target 688

(50 + 5) - (9 + 3) = 43; 43 x (10 +6) = 43 x 16 = 688
Ray Folwell
Acolyte

Post by Ray Folwell »

Sadly BELONGERS is not valid.
Matt Coates
Acolyte

Post by Matt Coates »

Round 11: is TROUPED valid? its a beater if so
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

TROUPED is not in. I had two DC beaters in round 13 - PONIARDS and PADRINOS. Again, a biscuit for anyone doing a max game today - I missed the 6 from round 1 (obscure as heck) and 945 (got out of time the same way as Carol got late).
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

2nd numbers game - (10 - 4) x (75 + 7) = 492.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I missed the ... 945 (got out of time the same way as Carol got late).
:shock: I beat Kirk on a numbers game, I beat Kirk on a numbers game, ner ner ne ner ner :)

Sorry Kirk, I'm only boasting because it's v v rare :) Didn't get the max game anyway; I missed PONDOK and EXCITERS.

Again good stuff from Kai, he's so calm on these pressure numbers rounds late in the game, he keeps pulling them out of the bag. He's beaten a few half-decent opponents now - I mean the people he's played have hardly been pushovers, and he keeps winning. Loving his enthusiasm as well... he obviously loves being there and it's great to see. He (along with Junaid) has really livened up what had been a bit of a slow-burner of a series, rather like Beth Sutton did in series 49.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Julian Fell wrote:Again good stuff from Kai, he's so calm on these pressure numbers rounds late in the game, he keeps pulling them out of the bag. He's beaten a few half-decent opponents now - I mean the people he's played have hardly been pushovers, and he keeps winning. Loving his enthusiasm as well... he obviously loves being there and it's great to see. He (along with Junaid) has really livened up what had been a bit of a slow-burner of a series, rather like Beth Sutton did in series 49.
I've only watched one of his games and I beat him so no need for me to feel inadequate for losing to an 11-year-old. :mrgreen:
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Yet again, beaten by Kai on a crucial conundrum. That's three out of his four games. But I'm not disheartened, far from it; it's better than my norm. :)

Got the 945 - and within the 30 secs.
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Post by Debbi Flack »

I beat him easily on his first game, but it was all downhill from there :( . The last 3 games have been crucial conundrums, won 1, lost 2!
Damn, that boy is good!!
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

I agree Kai has improved in leaps and bounds - I beat him the first two days but it has gone downhill since then

Good lad!