Spoilers for Monday 6th October

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Monday 6th October

Post by Howard Somerset »

(not really a spoiler, but certainly connected with today's game)

By my reckoning, from today onwards we could potentially be watching the contestant that Charlie has to face when he takes his seat in the middle of next week.
Bet you're glad it wasn't Kai. Charlie. :)
DaveC
Acolyte

Re: Spoilers for Monday 6th October

Post by DaveC »

R13 SYNAPSE as equaller.

Very impressed with his conundrum spot today. How many 11 year olds are even aware of the word?

DC
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

DC beaters today:

SMUTTED in round 3
METOPE and EMPATH in round 8.

Equallers of interest:
Round 2: DEALIGNS
Round 7: LUTINO

I thought I did quite well today, only missing SYNAPSE/PAYSANS in the last letters round (I had PAEANS) and with two DC beaters and a difficult conundrum spot, however, turns out I missed a couple more maxes - round 7 there was a 7 (which I didn't know) and round 8 there was a 7 (which I did know and am annoyed to have missed). I won't spoil it for those that did get it and want to brag ;)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

DaveC wrote:Very impressed with his conundrum spot today. How many 11 year olds are even aware of the word?
Agreed, I thought that was excellent.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Jon Corby wrote:
DaveC wrote:Very impressed with his conundrum spot today. How many 11 year olds are even aware of the word?
Agreed, I thought that was excellent.
Same here. A truly excellent spot with the conundrum.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Got MOTTES for an equaller in R3, but not as good as Kirk's SMUTTED.

Annoyed not to get EMPATH, having been beaten by that word in COGST only two days earlier.

First day I've not been at least level with Kai going into the conundrum, and that's because I didn't notice that you could make 32 out of 9, 4 and 1 :cry:

Even if I'd got that numbers game, he'd still have beaten me on the conundrum, as he had on his first two games.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

I think there was TESTUDO too in one round or am I making that up?
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Yeah you're right David, it was in round 3.

What a finish to this game by Kai :shock: Excellent, calmly-produced solution to a difficult last numbers round when he was under pressure (if the challenger had beaten him there it'd've been a crucial conundrum) - a solution which beat me all ends up, needless to say - and then that conundrum, as several have mentioned. I'm sure when the production team set that one, they would have been pretty much expecting it to go unsolved, but thinking "well we have to have a really hard one occasionally, just for a change"... and then an 11-year-old gets it after 3 seconds! Wow!