Spoilers for Tuesday 6 December 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 6 December 2011

Post by Joseph Krol »

The winner yesterday plays some dude called Sayed or something, on today when 6 years ago David Cameron became leader of Conservatives, but Rhys could tell you that anyway :D . Also 243 years ago the Encyclopedia Britannica was first published and it is constitution day in Spain. Yay.

MALEATES/CASEMATE in the ESCALATE round.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Re: Spoilers for 6 December 2011

Post by Jack Worsley »

Excellent game, in terms of both standard and drama, shame there had to be a loser. Sayed would have beaten most contestants comfortably with his performance.

Nice to see the return of TANGELOS (even if I embarrassingly missed it :oops: ). ANDISOL in round 6.

3rd numbers alt: (50+5+3-1)x8=456
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Jack Worsley wrote:3rd numbers alt: (50+5+3-1)x8=456
In a similar way the second one can be (5+1)x9x8=432
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

ARRIVED AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!

In case any of you were wondering (or cared), the company has now blocked all access to forums or message boards for all employees. :( :cry:

Will have to start spoiler threads early from now on. :idea:

Anyway, that was a fantastic penultimate prelim between Phyllis and Syed. Definitely a massive shame that Syed had to lose on 91 too.
Jack Worsley wrote:Nice to see the return of TANGELOS (even if I embarrassingly missed it :oops: ).
You're not the only one..........., I was too busy praising myself for thinking that GALOTTES was in there. I thought it was an item of clothing or something, but it's not in.

Interesting to note also that Phyllis has moved above Matt Croy to #9 in the rankings, although she could be #1 in a month's time, if she wins tomorrow and on Nick Hewer's 1st show on January 9. 8-)
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Yeah I played that one OK actually - kind of episode that makes me wonder why I haven't applied already. No idea where RELEASORS came from. But I only had a six in round 9 :lol:
For some stupid reason in R14: (25*8-50)*3+5+1=target

Jack Worsley wrote:Excellent game, in terms of both standard and drama, shame there had to be a loser. Sayed would have beaten most contestants comfortably with his performance.

Nice to see the return of TANGELOS (even if I embarrassingly missed it :oops: ). ANDISOL in round 6.

3rd numbers alt: (50+5+3-1)x8=456
Some good spots, you should go on the show too ;)
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Andy Platt wrote: Some good spots, you should go on the show too ;)
Sounds like a good idea, just hope I don't have to play Phyllis. :)
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

James Robinson wrote:I was too busy praising myself for thinking that GALOTTES was in there. I thought it was an item of clothing or something, but it's not in.
I can only suggest you were thinking of a strange hybrid garment that's a cross between galoshes and culottes. :lol: