Spoilers For Wednesday November 9th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Spoilers For Wednesday November 9th 2011

Post by Tony Atkins »

As everybody else, including James the posting king, are at the finals, I will start today's topic.

Clive Barham is back for his fifth show. Being the third show of the recording day he should be in the swing of things.

His oponent today is Julie Davis. Can she stop him getting a 6th?
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers For Wednesday November 9th 2011

Post by Tony Atkins »

Impressive start from Clive, with 5 maxs in a row. But some classics missed in the second half. PORTAGES (the verb not
the mass noum) as an alt to POTAGERS and MONITOR as alt to OUTWORN. Personally I am getting excitied as I have 10 maxes so far. Playing Apterous must really help!
CO-MSO every August
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Just caught the last 5-10 minutes. Julie seemed rather nervous, hopefully that'll die down and she can put a good run together.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Craig Beevers wrote:Just caught the last 5-10 minutes. Julie seemed rather nervous, hopefully that'll die down and she can put a good run together.
Hurrah! There is life outside of Manchester. Alt to IRONING was DRONING, and an easy 8 in the IMPORTUNE round was ERUPTION. An exciting finish, but I only ended on 13 maxes. In case you are wondering, Clive stays at 11th place so
probably isn't about to sit down and try and win the dictionaries....
CO-MSO every August
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Impressive nine from Julie which turned out to be the key moment of the match. I also had MONITOR and PORTAGES but they've already been mentioned.