Spoilers For Monday November 7th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday November 7th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

Remember, remember, the 7th of November..........., for what you say, well nothing at the moment, but you never know there might be something later.

Not me, unfortunately, as I have just been informed that my 2nd Pointless episode has been postponed thanks to the BBC bigwig schedulers. More on the new date in due course. :( :cry:

But that does mean that we can fully focus on Countdown, which is never a bad thing. 8-)

Clive Barham now has 2 wins under his belt and has shown some good skill so far, and could go even further methinks. How much further, we'll have to wait and see. :)

Back in DC this week, is Radio 2's Ken Bruce.

Join Rhys for his recap later. ;) :) :D
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers For Monday November 7th 2011

Post by Tony Atkins »

Definitely quiet here today - all the forumites must be on their way to Manchester for the finals. I did get the middle numbers during the ads, but Rachel did the reveal before I could log in. Good game, but it had the feel of a Tuesday morning game, where the champ has to wake himself up after the late end to recording the night before.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Tony Atkins wrote:..it had the feel of a Tuesday morning game, where the champ has to wake himself up after the late end to recording the night before.
So every game that goes out on a Monday is the first game of the day in recordings? I had kinda half presumed this but interesting to know.

I was poor there when playing along tho, missed a lot of stuff I normally get. My mate (should probably take the credit myself but I'm too honest!) got ideogram in round 13 which is a beauty. Only other thing I have to offer is dateline in round 2.
Last edited by Andy Platt on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Thought Adam showed some promise but was too risky when he should have been playing safe late on. I can honestly say I beat the maths teacher on the second numbers game, got to 920. :D

STOOLED in round 12 but no interesting words to offer.
3rd numbers alt: ((4x3-1)x7-2)x10=750
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Andy Platt wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:..it had the feel of a Tuesday morning game, where the champ has to wake himself up after the late end to recording the night before.
So every game that goes out on a Monday is the first game of the day in recordings? I had kinda half presumed this but interesting to know.
The normal recording pattern is start Monday after lunch and do 3 afternoon shows and 2 evening ones, end about 9 pm.
Tuesday and Wednesday two morning shows and three afternoon shows. So if you are there until 9 pm on Monday and
win you have to be back to the studio by 9:30 am and not much time to wake up or warm up. That's my excuse for only
winning 2 shows and I am sticking to it. (Also fits in nicely with a guest being there for a whole day, being one week.)
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jack Worsley wrote:Thought Adam showed some promise but was too risky when he should have been playing safe late on.
Yeah, he shot himself in the foot, quite literally. Big, big waster. :x

SAMFIE in round 1, DENTINAL in round 2, OSTIOLE and STOOLIE in round 12.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

James Robinson wrote:
Jack Worsley wrote:Thought Adam showed some promise but was too risky when he should have been playing safe late on.

Literally?
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Joseph Krol wrote:
James Robinson wrote:

Literally?
It's amazing how many people misuse that. Spikey was talking about it in DC a few months ago.
cheers maus
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

So it wasn't literally? Saves me the time of watching it on 4od then.