Spoilers for Tuesday 9 September 2008

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Spoilers for Tuesday 9 September 2008

Post by Charlie Reams »

100x8 + 7 - (25-10)/5. Surprisingly tricky!
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Tuesday 10 September 2008

Post by Peter Mabey »

Oops - meant 9th :oops:
First numbers: (5+7)x(100-25-8)=804 (out of time)
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 9 September 2008

Post by David O'Donnell »

I got the first numbers game a similar way to Charlie (25+5)/10

and had HIDALGO as a beater in rd 11 but aside from that I had some shocking misses GOVERNS, RARENESS, COOLANT etc
Michael Simmonds
Rookie

Post by Michael Simmonds »

It just goes to show how many ways there are to solve these numbers games. I had a much more complicated version for the R5 100 + 25 - 8 = 117 x 7 = 819 -10 -5!! Way out of time too!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

David O'Donnell wrote:I got the first numbers game a similar way to Charlie (25+5)/10

and had HIDALGO as a beater in rd 11 but aside from that I had some shocking misses GOVERNS, RARENESS, COOLANT etc
I got 804 just out of time using the 67x12 method as 804 was a target on my show and the only way to go was 67x12. I had some good words like RARENESS, SONARS, SODOMITE (for an equaller), IODATES/BOXIEST etc but I missed COOLANT, FLATTEN and SPAWNED. Oh the shame.

Edit: I've just used Countmax and turns out I only got 8/15 maximums! I missed EVENSONG and REMITTAL which nobody has mentioned.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

I should have spotted REMITTAL (I would have declared SODOMITE as well btw) but EVENSONG is a miss I can live with.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

I went David's way to 804.

Was surprised that GONERS is spelt with only one N. At least know now, in time for the competition which starts tomorrow.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Howard Somerset wrote:I went David's way to 804.

Was surprised that GONERS is spelt with only one N. At least know now, in time for the competition which starts tomorrow.
I went for gonners too :oops: .
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:I went David's way to 804.

I went for gonners too :oops: .
That's made me feel a whole lot better, David. :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Yeah I sucked equally to Kirk with 8/15 maxes. Although I spotted RARENESS and SODOMITE/MOODIEST and for the first numbers I did yet another, although similar way: 8x100+7-(25+5)/10

Julian corner: Think the ones I missed were (in order of increasing pissed-off-ness): EVENSONG, HIDALGO, REMITTAL, SONARS, COOLANT, last numbers, conundrum :evil:

My thoughts on the game: The challlenger started off strong but fell flat on the numbers. I think she declared nothing twice and went wrong on another. Also anyone who thinks GONNER makes some sort of sense should be slaughtered! :evil: (How alliterative)

Well done Debbi on yet another win, not that I want to jinx anything or appear sexist etc etc, but how long has it been since the last female octochamp? Having said that I had a dream last night that on her 7th game Debbi was annihilated by a computerised cyborg with amazing Countdown ability. But then I remembered Charlie doesn't air til October :P
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

David O'Donnell wrote: I had some shocking misses GOVERNS, RARENESS, COOLANT etc
I got all of those 3. Is there any chance of anyone finding a technical or procedural irregularity that would require the series 58 final to be replayed? :)
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Rich Priest wrote:
David O'Donnell wrote: I had some shocking misses GOVERNS, RARENESS, COOLANT etc
I got all of those 3. Is there any chance of anyone finding a technical or procedural irregularity that would require the series 58 final to be replayed? :)
'Fraid not, thank the lord. You could always do a Paul Gallen and avenge our series final in a CoC final though with Beevers, Corby, (maybe Reams?) et al we will be doing well to get anywhere near there!