Spoilers for Monday May 23rd 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Josh Hurst
Enthusiast

Spoilers for Monday May 23rd 2011

Post by Josh Hurst »

Since a topic for today hasn't been started yet, I thought I'd make one.

Liam Herringshaw is in the champs chair with 1 win and some amount of points. He's a palaeontologist, so you know he's a duuuuuuuuuude.

OSTINATO was there as a DC beater in round 2.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Monday May 23rd 2011

Post by Tony Atkins »

In case anyone is wondering: Jamie and Jordon (related), Tom and Cliff (not related), Tony and Jamie (not related).

Didn't manage any beaters today - only CALORIES as an alternative to GIRASOLE or GLACIERS.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

The current champion seems to be good without being very good. He bet me with MOLESTED in the first round, but I'd have beaten him five or six times after that. I could imagine him getting to the quarter finals, but I wouldn't expect him to win a game at that level. The first numbers game was a bit odd: at home I did 6/3 + 7 to get the nine, not realizing that I could just do 6+3. I'm gonna blame lack of sleep.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Scott Gillies
Rookie

Post by Scott Gillies »

potations was there for 9 in one of the rounds
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Josh Hurst wrote:OSTINATO was there as a DC beater in round 2.
Dang. Why do I always miss the musical ones? Today's selections of letters weren't the easiest, "that's for sure".

Alistair McGowan was a class act in dictionary corner, particularly in comparison with Delia "What-Am-I-Doing-Here?" Smith. In fact, on today's performance, he could be one of my favourites to do finals, along with Dave Spikey and Dr Phil (of course).
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Hi all, for the first time today. :)

In case you were wondering (or cared) about my absence for most of the day, it's because the computers at my workplace have been rejigged in terms of website blocking, and it now includes forum-like pages such as this. So, it looks like I'll be restricted to post-show posts from now on.... :( :cry:

I was pretty happy with OSTINATO in round 2, til I found out about POTATIONS. PULPIT in round 4, CARIOLES and SERAGLIO in round 7, GIRTHED and RIGHTED in round 9 and CITADELS, DIALECTS, LANDTIES and DEINSTAL in round 11. 8-)
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

James Robinson wrote:In case you were wondering (or cared) about my absence for most of the day, it's because the computers at my workplace have been rejigged in terms of website blocking, and it now includes forum-like pages such as this.
Not hard to imagine why they did that.