Spoilers For Thursday May 12th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Thursday May 12th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, we're down to the last 10 preliminaries of Series 64, and while this series won't be fully remembered for its high standard of games throughout the series, the sparks of brilliance have been pure Countdown heaven.

And maybe Tom Barnes is going to give us another spark as these prelims head towards its conclusion. 2 wins and 204 points already sounds pretty promising to me. :D 8-) Or am I just jumping the gun here :?:

Well, to find out, the Robinson Recap will be available later..... ;) :) :D
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Thursday May 12th 2011

Post by Martin Gardner »

ELASIPOD (boy this forum's gotten pretty quiet recently). Also, you could tell he was gonna other ERECTION when he sat there with a smirk not writing anything.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Another good performance Tom. Congratulations.
Although I would not have minded looking at Stewart for a while longer.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

What a shame from his point of view about the first two numbers games. The first in particular, but the second one is easier working back from 850 than up from 800: (10+7)*(50-2)-3 = 813. Also for the first numbers game, the key in my opinion is to get the 31 first then make 300 out of the rest. Often happens with four large when getting one away is quite easy that you try for the single one or two you need, then make the remainder out of the large numbers.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Yeah, can't believe he didn't nail the numbers. :(
cheers maus
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

A very, very impressive performance by Tom yet again. Interestingly, if he'd have got those first 2 numbers, that would've been 1 below the highest winning margin in the show's history :!: :!:

SNIPING as an equaller in round 7.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Well played, Tom.

I did exactly the same thing on the first numbers game, arriving at 328 and failing to find another 3. But then, I'm also the only person in the world other than Daniel Pati and Brenda Bagust to miss 912 from 100 25 9 9 6 6.

My excuse today is that I was blinded by Tom's shirt. :-)
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

I watched Tom's 3 shows back to back today and you were pretty fucking awesome in all of them. Also you look really happy to be there too which is kind of cute in a non-gay way.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Martin Gardner wrote:ELASIPOD (boy this forum's gotten pretty quiet recently). Also, you could tell he was gonna other ERECTION when he sat there with a smirk not writing anything.
I had SPADILLE as a beater in that round.And yes - you could tell from his face that he had ERECTION. ;)
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Impressive stuff. Tom generally looks like he's having a ball, quite apart from the smirk round.

BTW, a shame you didn't spot PANINIS in the PAINING round, just to wind up those people for whom these things matter.