Spoilers For Monday May 9th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday May 9th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, we now enter the the final 13 days of the preliminaries......., 6 people are already confirmed for the finals. Who will fill the final 2 places :?:

Well, after his 2 90's scores, you've got to say that Tony Atkins is the man on form at the moment. If he wins all 5 games this week, then his place is secured. Can he make the grade :?:

Back in DC this week is TV presenter, Gloria Hunniford.

Join Ryan for his Taylor-made recap later. ;) :) :D
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday May 9th 2011

Post by Thomas Carey »

MANAGED in R3. Who says 'only 7s'?
cheers maus
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

WENCHES was there somewhere
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

SMOORED is a favourite of mine (DC beater in R2) because it sounds a bit like a sex word if you say it right. WENDIGO (r1) doesn't.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Quite like ALARUMS in round 12.

1st Numbers Alt.: (25 + (50 / 25) + (4 / 4)) x 9 = 252

Shame that Tony's gone, but that means we have an interesting game tomorrow..........
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:Shame that Tony's gone, but that means we have an interesting game tomorrow..........
Are you suggesting Tony isn't interesting James? :)

Enjoyed Cliff. Feared the worst when he fucked up the last numbers, but he did well to hold his nerve.
I always wondered whether the planned conundrum was switched with a harder one when it's crucial, today's proved it's definitely not.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Matt Morrison wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Shame that Tony's gone, but that means we have an interesting game tomorrow..........
Are you suggesting Tony isn't interesting James? :)

Enjoyed Cliff. Feared the worst when he fucked up the last numbers, but he did well to hold his nerve.
I always wondered whether the planned conundrum was switched with a harder one when it's crucial, today's proved it's definitely not.
From experience, no, unless things have changed the conundrum is put in manually letter by letter. So you'd have to stop filming, take the contestants out of the room and change it, and bring them back in. Good game I think, well worth watching.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Congrats to Ryan for all the hardwork he put into today's recap! Just for the record it was actually 10:00 in the morning of the 14th April and I did not sleep well after not
leaving the studio until after 21:00 the previous day. My Maths brain was unfortuantely still asleep. Also there were only 13 people in the audience as the coachload of students didn't turn up. Anyway hope see to some of you at the finals this week and enjoy the rest of the week's shows with Gloria.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Tony Atkins wrote:Congrats to Ryan for all the hardwork he put into today's recap! Just for the record it was actually 10:00 in the morning of the 14th April and I did not sleep well after not
leaving the studio until after 21:00 the previous day. My Maths brain was unfortuantely still asleep. Also there were only 13 people in the audience as the coachload of students didn't turn up. Anyway hope see to some of you at the finals this week and enjoy the rest of the week's shows with Gloria.
Hehe lol. Knew you'd like it Tone :D