Spoilers for Wednesday 27th August

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Richard Priest
Devotee

Spoilers for Wednesday 27th August

Post by Richard Priest »

Wonder how Alex will fare today? I'm aware he's written a spoiler article but I purposely haven't read it.

GRIMACES, round 4.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Wednesday 27th August

Post by Richard Priest »

REDOLENT, round 8. Missed ROASTED though, went a bit brain dead on that round. :(
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

GRAMPIES in round 4, UNDERLET in round 8 and the nice method (25-8)x6x9 in Round 10, but only equallers.

More interestingly, has anyone noticed that Wiltshire Farm Foods appear to have hired a witch for their latest advert? Her yellowed teeth and pointy features all suggest some underlying malice, but any doubt is dispelled by the shot of her pouring hot gravy onto a Yorkshire pudding while cackling wickedly. The knowing "you're next" wink she gives the boy at the end of the advert is truly spine-chilling.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

DETINUE in round 6 for an equaller - ALCOVE and EPILATOR are other, not as exciting, equallers. Oh, forgot to mention PEARLITE in the PETIOLAR round - a nice word imo.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Kirk Bevins wrote:DETINUE in round 6 for an equaller - ALCOVE and EPILATOR are other, not as exciting, equallers. Oh, forgot to mention PEARLITE in the PETIOLAR round - a nice word imo.
I did toy with trying to pluralise DETINUE in that round but I don't think I'd would do anything so silly had I been playing.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:More interestingly, has anyone noticed that Wiltshire Farm Foods appear to have hired a witch for their latest advert? Her yellowed teeth and pointy features all suggest some underlying malice, but any doubt is dispelled by the shot of her pouring hot gravy onto a Yorkshire pudding while cackling wickedly. The knowing "you're next" wink she gives the boy at the end of the advert is truly spine-chilling.
This - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbHM_C34rbE ?

I see your point actually.