Spoilers for Friday, 18th July

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Spoilers for Friday, 18th July

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Post any spoilers etc here :).
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: Spoilers for Friday, 18th July

Post by Ben Wilson »

R4- ANECDOTES :D:D:D:D:D
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

FOREPART in round, um, whatever (which makes me feel better about missing REGIONAL :evil: )
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Wow...

100-9 = 91
91*(7-1) = 546
546+7 = 553?

or did I miss something?
Ray Folwell
Acolyte

Post by Ray Folwell »

SPOILER in R8
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Clearly I've become a bit desensitised - I was genuinely not expecting either of them to get that last numbers...
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Michael Wallace wrote:Clearly I've become a bit desensitised - I was genuinely not expecting either of them to get that last numbers...
The last numbers and BASHO are the first time a contestant has beaten me all week :(

Looks like the current champ is half-decent, she was weak at first but clearly improved so we can probably put it down to nerves. Expecting good things from her next week.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

Yeah I missed the last numbers as well, bit disappointed about that. I also missed the sixes in round 12, and ANECDOTES (well done for seeing that Ben - I beat DC with NOTECASE in that round and was quite pleased with myself till I loaded up CountMax...). I got FOREPART and the 553.
Charlie Reams wrote:The last numbers and BASHO are the first time a contestant has beaten me all week :(
The guitarist dude beat me with UNVOICED in his very first round, I thought that was pretty spectacular (it was pretty much downhill from there for him though)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Julian Fell wrote:The guitarist dude beat me with UNVOICED in his very first round, I thought that was pretty spectacular (it was pretty much downhill from there for him though)
I got UNVOICED and was sitting there all smug thinking "8-0 coming up!" I was really impressed when he spotted it, and didn't even think it risky. I was less impressed with the next 44 rounds.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

A couple of Conor words in today's show - GERANIOL and POLONIES (the former being a DC equaller). I did quite well today, however, I missed ANECDOTES :oops: Quality spot Ben.