Spoilers for Tuesday 8th July 2008

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Ray Folwell
Acolyte

Spoilers for Tuesday 8th July 2008

Post by Ray Folwell »

Using just 3 numbers : (50 - 8) x 3 = 126
Chris Philpot
Acolyte

Re: Spoilers for Tuesday 8th July 2008

Post by Chris Philpot »

PTOMAINES for a niner in Round 11.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

I would've gone for PTOMAINES no question, especially after Damian's recent comments.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

So would I, but then I have a pretty hazy idea of what the rules are.

Sorry to see Katie go there, she was really quite charming. :cry: Also, Carol should have done an upside down cross at the end to get back at that woman, on the off chance she was a hardcore Bible basher.
Julian Fell
Series 48 Champion

Post by Julian Fell »

I was sorry to see Katy go as well... but it was a high-quality game today and the new champion was impressive - she only missed 4 maxes in the entire show, and IVORIES (which beat me) and DUDGEON were excellent spots. She looks like she means business; hope she can maintain this standard, it'd be good to see another of that very rare breed, the female octochamp...

Guys: PTOMAINES is definitely fine because PTOMAINE isn't a mass noun! Not sure why DC didn't mention the plural; maybe they just didn't look it up, and assumed it must be a mass noun. It can't be that they wanted to go easy on the contestants, because the contestants were both really good!
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Susie got PTOMAINES not that long ago, surprised she didn't put the S on...?
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

I too was sorry to see Katy go, but it was a quality match and Patricia deserved her win. IVORIES beat me too, as well as DUDGEON.If she keeps that up I think she could win at least a few more. But you never know, every game is different.