Grand Final Spoilers For Friday December 17th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Grand Final Spoilers For Friday December 17th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we have reached the final Countdown in 2010, and what a way to go out on.

As we have possibly the most eagerly-awaited final for many a year.

2 of the greatest combatants in the whole history of the show go head-to-head to be crowned the winner of Series 63.

They have 20 centuries, 12 9-letter-words and 2,296 points between them. They are truly the creme de la creme of Countdown excellence, although sadly, one of them has to lose today. :( :cry:

But who will it be :? :?:

In the red corner, we have the #1 Seed, Jack "The Desford Destroyer" Hurst, who ever since declaring a 9 on his very first round on the show has kept up his amazing record of finding brilliant words such as RACHIDES, ESTANCIA, NARIYALS, NEUROPIL and INDICTEES. His numbers games have been pretty formidable too. Just 3 points on numbers since arriving on the show. :shock: :o 8-) And don't forget his conundrum record either. 4 conundrum solves in under a quarter of a second is insane by just about anybody's record. But, that's what Jack can do.

And in the blue corner, we have the #2 Seed, Eoin "The Banbridge Bullet" Monaghan, who since arriving on the scene in September has also been a formidable opponent. His words vary from ANORTHITE, TAMBOTIE, OESTRONE, PORTIERE and FIELDSMAN. His numbers is also very formidable, only dropping 11 out of 300. :o And don't forget about his conundrum prowess also. All of his correctly guessed conundrums have been got in 1 second or less. :shock: :o 8-)

I could just bore you stats all day, but I'll just let these below do for you :lol: :

Firstly, No.1 Seed Jack Hurst - 10 Wins, 1,163 Points
Highest Score: 133 vs. Alex Curran (7th Game)
Lowest Score: 108 vs. Peter Godwin (Quarter-Final)
9's Achieved: 6/7
Total Points/Max/%: 1163/1263 (92%)
Letters Points/Max/%: 798/875 (91%)
Numbers Points/Max/%: 285/288 (99%)
Conundrum Points/Max/%: 80/100 (80%)

Secondly, No.2 Seed Eoin Monaghan - 10 Wins, 1,133 Points
Highest Score: 127 vs. Niall Young (Quarter-Final)
Lowest Score: 100 vs. Clive Myers (5th Game)
9's Achieved: 6/8
Total Points/Max/%: 1133/1283 (88%)
Letters Points/Max/%: 774/883 (88%)
Numbers Points/Max/%: 289/300 (96%)
Conundrum Points/Max/%: 70/100 (70%)

So when the small hand goes between 3 and 4, and when the big hand reaches the 5, the discussions will be over, and the battle will begin.

Mike will be along with the result and the winner of Series 63. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

GET READY :!: IT'S GONNA BE MAGIC ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) (and that's without bringing Paul Zenon into the equation :lol: )
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Grand Final Spoilers For Friday December 17th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

Oooh, now that I think about it, would Eoin become the youngest ever champion if he won, or was Conor Travers still younger :?:
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

James Robinson wrote:Oooh, now that I think about it, would Eoin become the youngest ever champion if he won, or was Conor Travers still younger :?:
I was 14 and 3 months when this was recorded.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I think Conor was 15 back in 2006 - his profile says 19.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Oooh, now that I think about it, would Eoin become the youngest ever champion if he won, or was Conor Travers still younger :?:
I was 14 and 3 months when this was recorded.
Rhys Benjamin wrote:I think Conor was 15 back in 2006 - his profile says 19.
Ooooh, now all of a sudden, an interesting record might be about to break.

It just gets better and better, and the show hasn't even started yet :!: ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

The snow has - the postman had to dig everyone out so he could get to the letterboxes. Sweet. :!: ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Last edited by Rhys Benjamin on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:
James Robinson wrote:The SHOW hasn't even started yet :!: ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
It has - the postman had to dig everyone out so he could get to the letterboxes. Sweet. :!: ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Rhys Benjamin wrote:
James Robinson wrote:The SHOW hasn't even started yet :!: ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
It has - the postman had to dig everyone out so he could get to the letterboxes. Sweet. :!: ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Is that better? :?: :?: :idea: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :idea: :?: :?: :?: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :D :) ;)
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Exactly 1 hour to go! :!: :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:
The snow has - the postman had to dig everyone out so he could get to the letterboxes. Sweet. :!: ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Not in West Yorkshire it hasn't. A smidge yesterday, which more or less went by the end of the day, but nothing at all today. :(
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Exactly half an hour to go!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :D :D :) :D
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Even the BBC have got in on the act:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12015733
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Finally, the end of Ivanhoe!!
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Re: Grand Final Spoilers For Friday December 17th

Post by Joseph Krol »

The school bus came late and I won't get home in time. Gutted. :(
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Why can Jack declare ORGASMED but not SHITFACE!?
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Looks like Jack is coming good just at the right time.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Loved that ORGASMED moment, quality. RISIBLE as an equaller in Round X. Cracking game, really want Eoin to win though.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Joseph Krol wrote:The school bus came late and I won't get home in time. Gutted. :(
Just got home, only to see the first TTT
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

ISATIN as contestant beater in round 9.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

A-choo!
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Did Jack just say "And a fowl, please."?
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

3:10!?!?

That doesn't help :( :( :( :( :(
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Great spirited final, lads, well played. Congrats to Jack, you now take your place amongst the Countdown greats. 8-)

Well done to the Countdown team for another splendid series. :)
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Well played both and well done Jack. I still wanted it to go to a crucial and fr Eoin to actually get the numbers game in round 10, nevermind. [whinge]The Conundrum still pisses me off.[/whinge]
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:3:10!?!?

Damn! I'm gonna miss the first round from now on! Let's blame Damian for not consulting us.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Congratulations to Jack! Possibly the best ever at the conundrums, noting the one he didn't get he could have got if I'd have just waited half a second later. Final turned out to be very good but not an absolute classic, largely due to a lot of poor letters selections with only fives and sixes available. Did Jack only drop one point in the entire game? I think so.

I can only imagine what a championship of champions tournament would be like with all these 900+ player, plus Eoin on 898, too.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

2 schoolkids in the last 2 finals. Which bright spark in Channel 4 decided to put it further into the school day? I would never have seen Kai on the TV to inspire me to practice and go on the show. Hope they realise how ridiculous this is.

Rant aside, another brilliant performance from Jack. The best Countdown champion of 2010 but only the second best looking, it must be said ;). Great performance from Eoin as well. Both should be invited back, great television.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Did Jack ever face a crucial conundrum :?: if he never did, has this ever happened before, and is this the highest ever 11 game total?
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Jojo Apollo wrote:Did Jack ever face a crucial conundrum :?: if he never did, has this ever happened before, and is this the highest ever 11 game total?
I'm pretty sure Julian Fell, Conor Travers and Craig Beevers didn't have to face a crucial in their series (both the first 2 did in CoC's). Julian Fell's 11 game score of 1309 (James please correct me if I'm wrong) remains intact.
Last edited by Oliver Garner on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Oliver Garner wrote:2 schoolkids in the last 2 finals. Which bright spark in Channel 4 decided to put it further into the school day? I would never have seen Kai on the TV to inspire me to practice and go on the show. Hope they realise how ridiculous this is.

Rant aside, another brilliant performance from Jack. The best Countdown champion of 2010 but only the second best looking, it must be said ;). Great performance from Eoin as well. Both should be invited back, great television.
Usually I only get home at 4-30 and therefore just get in time for the first round on 4+1 and I agree, this is ridiculous. :x
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Jojo Apollo wrote:Did Jack ever face a crucial conundrum :?: if he never did, has this ever happened before, and is this the highest ever 11 game total?
I'm pretty sure Julian Fell, Conor Travers and Craig Beevers didn't have to face a crucial in their series (both the first 2 did in CoC's). Julian Fell's 11 game score of 1309 (James please correct me if I'm wrong) remains intact.
Ah cheers, Oliver.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Oliver Garner wrote:2 schoolkids in the last 2 finals. Which bright spark in Channel 4 decided to put it further into the school day? I would never have seen Kai on the TV to inspire me to practice and go on the show. Hope they realise how ridiculous this is.

Well, there is Channel4+1 and 4 On Demand now. When Countdown first got moved from 4.15 to 3.15 there was this same argument brought up. Five or six years on, things have changed.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Martin Gardner wrote: Well, there is Channel4+1 and 4 On Demand now. When Countdown first got moved from 4.15 to 3.15 there was this same argument brought up. Five or six years on, things have changed.
Obviously I can't speak for anyone but when I first saw Kai on Countdown, it was by chance. This would never have happened with a 3:10 start. Also, I am unlikely to watch a new show for the first time on 4oD or 4+1.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Jaysus. How brilliant was that. Congratulations Jack, commiserations Eoin, although like Jeff implied, it's really congratulations as well in fairness. You looked a bit nervous but your 'jinxed' crack at the end there indicated otherwise. I was nervous watching for you, no point in hiding the fact that I was rooting for you (it's a patriotic thing) but I'm delighted for you Jack and I've really enjoyed watching both your run of games. Didn't get to see as much of this series as i'd have liked and have only been able to glance at the two early quarters. We've just had a new floor put down and everything from the living room is stacked around the gaff downstairs with the living room waiting to be repainted and stuff. The TV and sky box are unhooked. I actually got home at 3 and went to hook em up (had to find em among the piles of furniture and stuff first, it was all a bit quietly frantic!) but haven't a notion towards that craic so failed epically.

But I had to watch this, so I strolled (alright I legged it) down to Henchy's in St. Lukes and the proprietor, though seeming slightly troubled by my request, kindly switched over from the golf, just in time for me to see that Jack had orgasmed, although Eoin hadn't (and to catch Jeff's funny), shortly before the gentleman of a fella served me one of the nicest pints of Beamish I've ever tasted. I've clocked him a few times while in for a bit of ceoil or the soccer (I'm new to this area after moving into a mates gaff during the world cup) but today we finally bonded over countdown of all things. 'Oh that's yer man off the soccer' and 'Jesus, she's alright isn't she' and 'And that fella's only 14 and he's Irish? How come the media here aren't talking about this?'.

It's a cracking house and I was the only one there, sat at the bar, where you have a pretty beautiful view of the village and there's a really tasteful Christmas tree right outside... and then... it only started feckin snowing (Cork city is the only place in the world where it didn't snow yet this winter), spitting at first but bucketing right at the end as I left. Definitely the most enjoyable setting I've ever watched an episode in and now I know the local publican I feel like a proper local resident.

Right... after all that excitement I'm gonna finish me book while making an Irish Stew. Tried me first one this week and let it boil after I chucked the spuds in so it went a bit glupy, but this one is gonna be perfect.

So to sum up:

Eoin Monaghan and Jack Hurst - Savage dudes.
Countdown and Beamish - Together at last.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Looks like Jack was 1 away from the max (114 according to Maddocks)
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Well done to both players for solid performances throughout the series, and congratulations to Jack not only for the win but for finding another word with which to annoy the Daily Mail. :-)
I initially thought this was silly too - I've always thought a large chunk of Countdown's audience is made up of children who've just arrived home from school. On the other hand, Martin has a point that nowadays fewer people watch television on a television. It'd be interesting to find out what proportion of Countdown's audience use the internet to watch it.
Oliver Garner wrote:Obviously I can't speak for anyone but when I first saw Kai on Countdown, it was by chance. This would never have happened with a 3:10 start. Also, I am unlikely to watch a new show for the first time on 4oD or 4+1.
I think this is changing, though. I'd say children arriving home from school are are more likely to sit in front of the computer rather than the television than they were before, and it's just as easy to watch Countdown on the internet than on the television. How would they come across it by chance? Well, I'd be surprised if the ORGASMED moment isn't already up on YouTube and being emailed/twittered around.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Martin Gardner wrote: Well, there is Channel4+1 and 4 On Demand now. When Countdown first got moved from 4.15 to 3.15 there was this same argument brought up. Five or six years on, things have changed.
Obviously I can't speak for anyone but when I first saw Kai on Countdown, it was by chance. This would never have happened with a 3:10 start. Also, I am unlikely to watch a new show for the first time on 4oD or 4+1.
Yeah I sort of agree with this. I only used to be able to watch the last 10 minutes of Countdown due to getting in from school and had only caught little bits before and didn't watch it much. The first contestant who made an impression on me was Mikey Lear though and when I first caught the last few minutes of one of his games I decided to get the VCR out and tape his shows (since channel 4+1 wasn't an option at the time). Then came Charlie Reams who I thought was equally awesome (I am NOT just saying that because of this being his forum etc.) and I got a bit hooked on Countdown for about 3 or 4 series. All this probably just because of flicking through the channel from when I got in from school. Anyway, I don't need to grumble because I have sky+ and I'm a student so I'm pretty sure I will be at home anyway but I do feel your pain brother.

Openbook is great today by the way if you wanna check it out just search "Countdown". The usual stuff about Rachel being hot etc. but some people who genuinely love Countdown and support either Jack or Eoin. Also stumbled across this from someone's status which I thought was funny and somebody's name appeared in the selection today. :o

One point though...I wonder if anyone is up for bombarding this person's inbox with messages after her status update? No? Just me then...
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

You guys have made some fair points but I'm still annoyed. However, I didn't intend for it to be a discussion about the new time, as it should be about the excellent final.
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Congratulations to both of you Jack and Eoin on your splendid performances throughout the series.
Thanks for the entertainment.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Hi guys, thanks again for all the really nice comments, I appreciate all of them. Sorry I didn't get over 100, but it's hard when you're up against such a phenomonal player.

As this is the last time I'd just like to say a few things to people.

Marcus - We had so many conversations in the build up to the finals and you are such a kind person. It was great to meet you and despite what you said beforehand, you most certainly didn't get hammered by Jack, you are a great player and it was a pleasure to meet you.
Scott and Tom - It's always great to play you on Apterous and it was great to meet you in real life, unlucky with your quarters, you are both top players.
Dinos, Ryan, Josh, Hywel, Chris, Innis, Rich, Howard, Mike (have I forgotten anyone?) - I know this sounds weird, but thanks for being in the audience for the finals, you are all as cool in real life as you are online. I was really looking forward to meeting you all, thanks.
Jack - What can I say? You are just an unbelievable player and in my opinion, the best ever. You were great to meet. To get 14 maxes in any game is brilliant, but in a series final? That is just insanely good. I really felt that my final was my semi final because I knew my chances of beating you were slim, you are brilliant.

And finally my biggest thanks go to Charlie and all the apterous team because without you I would never have got this far, I am so grateful for Apterous and it's a shame I couldn't meet you at the finals to thank you in person.

This was without a doubt the best experience of my life, to anyone thinking of applying; do it. And to Edward McCullagh and Adam Gillard and any other series 64ers, best of luck to you all, and I hope you enjoy the experience as much as I have. :)

Eoin.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Another observation - Jack got 13 of the first 14 maxes so would be 6 points behind Apterous Rex going into the conundrum. Jack got it in under 0.7 seconds (Rex's average reaction time) so Jack can claim to be the first person to beat Apterous Rex on-screen (Rex would have beaten Kirk to the conundrum in his max game) TWICE (thanks James). Well done!
Last edited by Oliver Garner on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

WOW! WHAT A FINAL!!!

That has got to be one of, if not the best grand finals I've ever seen. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Jack and Eoin, you both didn't disapoint at all. To get 11 and 14 maxes in a series final is just unbelievable. It actually does defy belief :!: :shock: :o 8-)

I'd just like to say well done to all the series finalists. Each of you deserved your place in what was probably the best series ever, in terms of skill.

Eoin, you did very well to reach the final, and you should definitely be very proud of your achievement.

And Jack, to do TWO max -1 games in a series (and one of those being the grand final :!: ) is just superhuman, quite frankly. Very well done, a vey deserving series champion.

Can't wait for series 64. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Cheers for the Nice comments everybody, hope you all found the episode enjoyable.
Ditto what Eoin said to the other contestants and people who came to watch.

Eoin, your a brilliant young man, a great role model to all the youngsters out there. I was glad that it ended up being both of us in the final, and I'm glad we both played our part in what was one of the best finals. I think you are one of the best ever players, and would have been a strong contender to win any series, infact I'd say you would have been the outright favourite in all series apart from 54, 60 and 61, so In a way I think its a little bit of a shame that we were both in the same one. I'm glad there was good banter throughout our game, and you knew going into it that you had every chance of beating me, so I guess it was unfortunate for you that I managed to pull out an (arguably) unbeatable performance.

In response to the question about records and stuff, Julian still has the record safely intact, by quite a margin. I think even if I maxed all the finals games I still wouldnt have been able to get close to his score, so no shame in that. Its a shme that the max couldnt have been a bit higher in the final so that we both could have got centuries.

In the round where I missed SUNTAN/ISATIN I was fishing for an E for ANNUITIES, not realising that INSINUATE would have come out as well. In fact I am not even sure ANNUITIES is in, and I'm fairly sure that Eoin would have got INSINUATE, so its a good job that the E didnt come out!

Would also just like to say that Jeff, Rachel and Susie were all really nice, and they do a great job presenting the show. I spoke to Rachel most out of the three, and she was a really nice girl, good to talk to, thought we had a couple of bits of good banter on screen. The people behind the scene were all ace too, especially James who looked after us all. He has since moved to another TV show, so all the best to him with that. And of course, the main man Damian doing as a great job as ever. I thought he did a really good job with virtually all of the conundrums, the best being LARGEBAPS, which he thought of the night before after HANDSOMER was accidentally used in the last heat game.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Haha, sorry, I forgot one of the most important parts of that post as I got interrupted by a phone call and lost my trail of thought.

Charlie, apterous is a great website, it is THE reason I got good enough to win a series. All my practise was on apterous, and all my studying was done using lists I compiled using lexplorer. In truth, I probably wouldnt even have an interest for the show if it wasnt for apterous and c4c. You DA MAN.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

JackHurst wrote:Haha, sorry, I forgot one of the most important parts of that post as I got interrupted by a phone call and lost my trail of thought.

Charlie, apterous is a great website, it is THE reason I got good enough to win a series. All my practise was on apterous, and all my studying was done using lists I compiled using lexplorer. In truth, I probably wouldnt even have an interest for the show if it wasnt for apterous and c4c. You DA MAN.
No like button on here yet? Well *like*
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Oliver Garner wrote:You guys have made some fair points but I'm still annoyed. However, I didn't intend for it to be a discussion about the new time, as it should be about the excellent final.
Having said that, we've got until January 10 to discuss anything we like!
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Jack off to a big advantage with ORGASMED and Eoin was chasing the game after that, but nevertheless, one of the great finals and it takes two players to make it so. This was a tremendous series to watch and thanks to everyone who participated. Like you kids say, awesome!!
Dan McColm
Series 71 Champion

Post by Dan McColm »

Great game! Really well done to both contestants. To play as well as that with all the pressure of a final is just insane. I hope next series is as good as this one has been.
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

Superb game. I was sitting on the sidelines with a few of the crew during this game (someone took my seat) and when Jack said MARCASITE, there was a resounding 'wtf' from them all! Jack and Eoin, you are both awesome. Extra special thanks to Marcus, who saw to it that I got a ticket, after they had sold out.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

JackHurst wrote:Haha, sorry, I forgot one of the most important parts of that post as I got interrupted by a phone call and lost my trail of thought.

Cheers man, and same to Eoin. You guys put in the hours and you both seemed like great personalities on screen, exploding the myth of apterous robots if it needed any further explosion. A rock-solid performance from both players in the final, both much calmer than I was, and I really couldn't have asked for any more from all seven games. I think Jack's look into the audience during Round 14, while Eoin glances across knowingly, is one of my all-time favourite Countdown moments. A cracking final for a cracking finals.

(I assume you both knew MATRICES + A :lol:)
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Amazing game, two fantastic personalities as well. Jokes all the way through. Loved it :D
John Bosley
Enthusiast

Post by John Bosley »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:3:10!?!?

Yes! I've put 3.10 in my diary for Jan 10th .... :) and what a brilliant final between two polite and smiling decent friendly men - yes adults both.
Andrew Hulme
Acolyte

Post by Andrew Hulme »

Just watched this morning. Really enjoyed it. Congrats Jack deserved winner, and Eoin its pretty hard to believe you're only 14, both from the way u acted and played, you should be really proud.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Chris Corby wrote:Jack off to a big advantage with ORGASMED
I've missed you Chris.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

JackHurst wrote: so I guess it was unfortunate for you that I managed to pull out an (arguably) unbeatable performance.
This. I was on 14/14 maxes going into the conundrum and, being just behind your instant spot on the conundrum, I lost the game. Ridiculous standard - phenomenal play mate and I'm glad you achieved your dream. Eoin, you were excellent and, as has already been mentioned on here, at 14 to be so good at the game and a polite young man to boot is nice to see. Shame I couldn't make it to say hi but I hope we'll bump into each other soon.

Awesome series and thanks to Damian and the crew for continuing to produce such a great show. Paul Zenon was fantastic all week long in DC, not only with his magic tricks but with his interaction during the rounds and comments such as "pretty horrible letters for their last round" just add to the fact that he's probably one of my favourite DC guests.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

gg and all that, but just wondering if anyone else thought, when the new prizes were revealed, "I wonder if that's because of Jack saying he wanted to come second...".
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Michael Wallace wrote:gg and all that, but just wondering if anyone else thought, when the new prizes were revealed, "I wonder if that's because of Jack saying he wanted to come second...".
What were the prizes? I didn't register.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:gg and all that, but just wondering if anyone else thought, when the new prizes were revealed, "I wonder if that's because of Jack saying he wanted to come second...".
The full OED as before, plus a lifetime subscription to OED online and a laptop.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Graeme Cole wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
The full OED as before, plus a lifetime subscription to OED online and a laptop.
Except it's now the regular full OED and not the leather-bound gold-embossed set. (like I've got)
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Lucky you.