Spoilers For Monday September 6th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday September 6th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

The weekend's over and a new week has begun, and we have a new champion in the shape of Apteforumite Daniel Pati.

A magnificent display on Friday certainly means he is a possible hot prospect and I'm sure he will be hoping to accrue some more wins this week to see him soar up the leaderboard. Interestingly, a win today will put him in the top 8. 8-) :geek:

In DC this week, back after an absence of nearly a year is the now ex-GMTV presenter Penny Smith. I wonder what she made of Adrian Chiles & Christine Bleakley on Daybreak this morning :?:

Ryan will be around with the recap later. ;) :) :D (And I'll probably be around with 10 historical recaps later as well. :lol: )
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday September 6th 2010

Post by Howard Somerset »

James Robinson wrote:Interestingly, a win today will put him in the top 8.
Also interestingly, but maybe not quite so interestingly, a defeat today will put him in the top 8, provided that he scores 46 points or more.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Battle of apterites today...
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Love that spot from Daniel.
Davy Affleck
Acolyte

Post by Davy Affleck »

I like Penny Smith!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Awesome spot of INTUBATE - beat me. Go Daniel!
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Peter Godwin, who?
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Ashamed to say I haven't noticed Daniel in aptoland before, but damn he's good, very well played, great stuff
tomrowell
Acolyte

Post by tomrowell »

Oh how i wish i had applied in time for series 62!
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Great stuff from Daniel once again. Hopefully he can become an octochamp. :)
Robert Baxter
Acolyte

Post by Robert Baxter »

FANNIES! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Contestant: Continent please, Rachel.
Rachel: Y.
Contestant: Because I want one!

For more info, see http://wiki.apterous.org/User:The_Doctor , and don't have a go at me a the F1 drivers series.

The 86th postingest forummer.

And I'm a :ugeek:.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I was worried that when he risked the 9 he'd say MURICATES^ but I needn't have worried long.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I was worried that when he risked the 9 he'd say MURICATES^ but I needn't have worried long.
Thought EXACTLY this! You're weird. Spotted CERASTIUM today thanks to you Kirk, that game we had when any vowel except E would have made a 9 (and the letter E came out)...ARMISTICE, CERASTIUM, CREAMIEST and MARCASITE.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:I was worried that when he risked the 9 he'd say MURICATES^ but I needn't have worried long.
Thought EXACTLY this! You're weird. Spotted CERASTIUM today thanks to you Kirk, that game we had when any vowel except E would have made a 9 (and the letter E came out)...ARMISTICE, CERASTIUM, CREAMIEST and MARCASITE.
do you mean the MATRICES stem where any vowel except O makes a 9 and U came out?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:
do you mean the MATRICES stem where any vowel except O makes a 9 and U came out?
Ha! I'd never actually noticed it was the MATRICES stem, I just learnt them words from you and have been able to just spot them raw without no stem. So yeah it must have been the O that came out. I'll find the game!

Edited. Found it! one of your max games you gayer.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Edward, do you know Barry?

Also, brilliant from Daniel again, I just managed to beat him with SOLDIERS and the conundrum, but he was in the studio and I was at home etc...
Although you did beat a Northern Irishman! :(
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Edward, do you know Barry?

Also, brilliant from Daniel again, I just managed to beat him with SOLDIERS and the conundrum, but he was in the studio and I was at home etc...
I beat him with these but he beat me with CHEROOT and the second numbers game so I scraped home by 1.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

threadofbrag.com
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Matt Morrison wrote:threadofbrag.com
Didn't want it to come over as arrogance/bragging. Also, I don't think telling people how you did against the contestants is any different to people posting beaters/equallers. Also, I only found INTUBATE because it was on an Apterous game I played earlier today. Well played Daniel, hope you go and win 8.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Didn't want it to come over as arrogance/bragging. Also, I don't think telling people how you did against the contestants is any different to people posting beaters/equallers. Also, I only found INTUBATE because it was on an Apterous game I played earlier today. Well played Daniel, hope you go and win 8.
Nothing wrong with it at all Oli, Kirk does it fairly regularly when there is very good player on too, so if its good enough the Kirkulator then its good enough for everyone else

Edit; well done Oli by the way, that is well fucking impressive considering Daniel only dropped two points versus Barry
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

James Doohan wrote:
Nothing wrong with it at all Oli, Kirk does it fairly regularly when there is very good player on too, so if its good enough the Kirkulator then its good enough for everyone else
But I have been slated before for doing it but I've stopped scoring against the players now (this is unrelated). If you beat him by just a point sat at home (and you're a series champ Oli!) that shows how well he played under pressure. Already the landlord at my local was teasing me saying "did you see today's champion - he'd kick your ass - he's much better than you" and went on to say how he's that good he can just sit back and look relaxed as if it's so easy haha. I hope he wins 8...it'll take something special to stop him I feel.
Edward McCullagh
Series 64 Champion

Post by Edward McCullagh »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:Edward, do you know Barry?

No idea who he is. :P

Brilliant performance again by Daniel - hope he has six more like it!
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Now that you mention it, I beat Daniel 131-90 on Friday, spotting DARKSOME, but Chickening it to miss out on a max game. In todays show I beat Daniel with the DC beating UNHOPED, spotted SOLDIERS, missed INTUBATE, and beat him on the conundrum, so I won 121-104 (I think).

Oh what, you didn't want brag? Fuck, sorry.

But seriously, Dan played very well again today, would be shocked if he doesn't make octochamp with ease.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

I'm absolutely loving Daniel's run so far. And not just 'cos he's brown.
Scott Gillies
Rookie

Post by Scott Gillies »

well i'm not going to blag cause he beat me lol. i had no idea cerastium was a word but i'll not forget it now lol.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Fuckin brilliant... one of the best performances I've ever seen on Countdown. And he seems like a cool guy too. Perfect TV 8-)