Current Seed List

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

DaveC
Acolyte

Current Seed List

Post by DaveC »

1. David O'Donnell (8 wins, 880 points)
2. Michael MacDonald-Cooper (8 wins, 780 points)
3. Tim Reypert (8 wins, 773 points)
4. Jonathan Coles (8 wins, 746 points)
5. Barry Smith (7 wins, 648 points)
6. Richard Priest (6 wins, 697 points)
7. Peter Davies (6 wins, 642 points)
8. Ben Hanks (6 wins, 580 points)

This is effectively the final seed list for the series, at the time of writing there aren't enough games left for someone to put together 6 wins.

Knockout stages begin 12th June.

DC
Last edited by DaveC on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Re: Current Seed List

Post by Howard Somerset »

There's a list of current seeds maintained almost daily on the Countdown Wiki. See here. Fortunately, the two seem to be in line with each other. :)

Damien said a few weeks ago that the finals would start a week earlier than you've mentioned. Maybe that's to leave time for a COC following it. We're due for one.
Last edited by Howard Somerset on Wed May 21, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Yes, I believe Howard is correct, it's 12th June.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Howard Somerset wrote:There's a list of current seeds maintained almost daily on the Countdown Wiki. See here. Fortunately, the two seem to be in line with each other. :)

Damien said a few weeks ago that the finals would start a week earlier than you've mentioned. Maybe that's to leave time for a COC following it. We're due for one.
If we have a COC now, it would probably only be an eighter. I don't think there have been enough series to justify 16. That could also impact on Corby's inclusion.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:There's a list of current seeds maintained almost daily on the Countdown Wiki. See here. Fortunately, the two seem to be in line with each other. :)

If we have a COC now, it would probably only be an eighter. I don't think there have been enough series to justify 16. That could also impact on Corby's inclusion.

I think most people are aware, though it doesn't seem to have been mentioned on this forum, that the next CoC should be in early 2009. This leaves time for another series so it will probably be more than 8 players included.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:That could also impact on Corby's inclusion.
I'm fairly certain that David O'Donnell would boycott the next Championship of Champions if I were excluded. And if I know Craig Beevers and Richard Brittain (which I don't) then they'll probably follow suit as well. Kate Horton would probably also quit her post in disgust; in short the ramifications of leaving me out are too severe to contemplate.

(Please don't leave me out Damian :()
JasonCullen
Devotee

Post by JasonCullen »

DaveC wrote:1. David O'Donnell (8 wins, 880 points)
2. Michael MacDonald-Cooper (8 wins, 780 points)
3. Tim Reypert (8 wins, 773 points)
4. Barry Smith (7 wins, 648 points)
5. Richard Priest (6 wins, 697 points)
6. Peter Davies (6 wins, 642 points)
7. Ben Hanks (6 wins, 580 points)
8. Jason Cullen (4 wins, 421 points)
Unfortunately, this needs to be amended Dave :cry:
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

jasoncullen wrote:Unfortunately, this needs to be amended Dave :cry:
The updated list is here. It's updated regularly.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Re: the CoC, I recall Damo in the past saying he was going to wait until January 09 so it'd be at the start of series 60. Then again, I could be talking crap.
Kate Horton
Rookie

Post by Kate Horton »

Corby wrote:
Gevin-Gavin wrote:That could also impact on Corby's inclusion.
I'm fairly certain that David O'Donnell would boycott the next Championship of Champions if I were excluded. And if I know Craig Beevers and Richard Brittain (which I don't) then they'll probably follow suit as well. Kate Horton would probably also quit her post in disgust; in short the ramifications of leaving me out are too severe to contemplate.

(Please don't leave me out Damian :()

I would risk my son going without food/nappies and my house being repossessed for you, Corby... NOT!