Spoilers for Friday December 29th 2058

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Matthew Green
Devotee

Spoilers for Friday December 29th 2058

Post by Matthew Green »

A sad week comes to a close as we mark the passing of former c4forumite James Robinson at the age of 70.

So it looks like Jason Bevins-Sanders will follow in his grandfathers footsteps and become an octochamp unless todays opponent Amey Deshpande can pull off an upset.

Today was supposed to see the long-awaited debut of Ben Pugh, but he pulled out at the last minute claiming he still needs a bit more practise before he's ready.

It is also the last day in DC of guest Romeo Beckham before Harvey Price takes up the hotseat on Jan 6th. As you know, next weeks shows are delayed due to coverage of the memorial services for the soldiers lost in WW5. Hail Allah.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Kieran Child
Enthusiast

Re: Spoilers for Friday December 29th 2058

Post by Kieran Child »

noobz as beater in round 2. Hail Allah.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

This new girl is shit. I demand Geraldine back :x

Oh, and ROFLCOPTER as a beater in round 17.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

I am sad to report the death of Mr James Gough, who was executed for disrespecting our Holy Lord and loving regime. Hail Allah.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Matthew Green wrote:Harvey Price takes up the hotseat on Jan 6th.
Thought it was Richard Brittain, the astronaut dude who circumnavigated Jupiter in 5 days on a horse.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Matthew Green wrote:Harvey Price takes up the hotseat on Jan 6th.
Thought it was Richard Brittain, the astronaut dude who circumnavigated Jupiter in 5 days on a horse.
No thats next week followed by former prime minister and Countdown presenter Lord Laddiman a week later. Hail Allah
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

ESTROGENS as a beater in whatever round. I'm glad they finally added it to ODE13.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Kai Laddiman wrote:ESTROGENS as a beater in whatever round. I'm glad they finally added it to ODE13.
Yes they added it to ODE13 but American spellings were disallowed again back in Series 156.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:ESTROGENS as a beater in whatever round. I'm glad they finally added it to ODE13.
Yes they added it to ODE13 but American spellings were disallowed again back in Series 156.

God, he's been going on about those American spellings our whole married life. I've tried telling him to get out more. It's no wonder I was driven to having an affair with MWM........ before the dramatic turn of events in 2034.
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Great end to a brilliant octochamp run Kirk Bevins Jr. Jr. Unlucky to miss out on the perfect game, but 228 is still a pretty good score, why did you have to buzz in so early and say TURROTING on the conundrum?
GANDISEEG was a nice spot in round 1, glad they have let it in ODE10. 1367 is a great octochamp score. Can't wait for Hazel Wheeler's return, her 4789 rating on apterous suggests she is a pretty good player.