Spoilers for Friday, 7th March

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Spoilers for Friday, 7th March

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Will Barry become an octochamp today? I am going to say yes.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Spoilers for Friday, 7th March

Post by Michael Wallace »

only an equaliser, but could youh ave had AUBURNS?
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Joseph Bolas wrote:Will Barry become an octochamp today? I am going to say yes.
I guess I was wrong :lol:.

Well done to Barry though for getting 7 wins and more importantly, beating his wife :lol:.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Joseph Bolas wrote:Well done to Barry though for getting 7 wins and more importantly, beating his wife :lol:.
:S
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Having more wins than his wife.

Erm I didn't get any beaters today just DETRITAL (adj) which is an equaller. To be honest I didn't think he was the strongest contestant and reminded me a bit of Mikey Lear in the last series who seemed to win every game with 85 or less. So I wasn't surprised he lost. It was a very low-scoring game with two fluffed numbers games, plus he only got 1 conundrum in 8 games which was probably the hardest of all 8!

You'd expect to be in the finals with 7 wins, certainly only two contestants have ever failed to make the finals with 7 - both in Series 47 when there were 8 Octochamps. Indeed Julia Wilkinson won 7 that Series but finished the Series unbeaten and came back in Series 48 to win one game and become an Octochamp. So 11 players won 7 or more games that Series. So this series, who knows? There's certainly enough games left to have another 5 Octochamps and as we know, and with 15 round games there are less crucial conundrums.

I did think when he was 11 points ahead however that he could hold him for the rest of the game and be 11 ahead at the conundrum, but it didn't happen.

Oh and my girlfriend who's French got OUTSIDE today, when I was watching online she got SHEARING for 8 which is her best in English.

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I was disappointed that he didn't become an Octochamp. With the scores he was getting in the games I saw, he must have been on for some sort of record.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

WIDEOUTS was an equaller in one round.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Gevin-Gavin wrote:I was disappointed that he didn't become an Octochamp. With the scores he was getting in the games I saw, he must have been on for some sort of record.
I think his total was 648, with the record being 643.