Spoilers for Friday 23rd January (CofC XIII QF2)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Friday 23rd January (CofC XIII QF2)

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Oh and for all those who backed me to win...FOOLS!
Last edited by Junaid Mubeen on Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Great game - I thought MARMOSET was a great spot (obviously most of us will probably have got AMORTISE/ATOMISER, so in a way it's a shame they were there). We had an argument about FLAVONOID after I spotted FLAVOID. Great stuff on the conundrum - quality game all round, really.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie: Image Image Image Image Image

Junaid: Image Image Image Image Image

Seeing both of them again at CoLin tomorrow: Image Image Image Image Image
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Howard Somerset wrote:Another great game. Did you buzz on 29 secs just to scare Charlie, Junaid? I bet it worked. :lol:
It was just a last ditch effort in the hope that the sound of the buzzer would inspire me. It didn't. Still, Charlie was fooled so totally worth it :D
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

No-one seems to have picked up that Susie rejected MESSERS because it was capitalised and has no final E. She was thinking of Messrs (plural of Mr)! It did occur to me that there might be an agent noun lurking under MESS that she hadn't checked.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Post by Katherine Birkett »

I got the 504, but precious little else to report. Those conundrums that are two words fused into one (MAYORSHIP and SALESGIRL) really do throw me..........

I suppose that being one letter behind two champions really isn't that bad an effort......
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

There was INDUSIA in one of the rounds for a beater. Great game played in great spirits and I was also touched with Alastair Stewart's piece at the end congratulating the standard of the players and the niceties that were shared.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:We'll do hugsies tomorrow in Lincoln ;)
I request this post be moved to the gay subforum!

and can I have a hugsy too? :P
tonywarren
Rookie

Re: Spoilers for Friday 23rd January (CofC XIII QF

Post by tonywarren »

Chris Corby wrote:The atmosphere at this CofC is really starting to come across now after this match. Having witnessed it at close hand, I can state that all the contestants really respected one another and loved being in each other's company. I took some photos of them away from the studio and we will post a link to them after the challenge has finished though I don't think there are any spoliers there as the winner did not get to hold a trophy! All the lads wanted to be photographed draped over Rachel as you might expect!

I also felt that nobody was too worried about who won it in the end, they were just glad to be hanging out with their buddies for three glorious days during filming.
Sums it up entirely. It was an honour and a privilege to spend a few days amongst such a fun group (with the odd game of Countdown to watch)
Who says Morris dancing ain't cool...
Kathleen Batlle
Acolyte

Re: Spoilers for Friday 23rd January (CofC XIII QF

Post by Kathleen Batlle »

Junaid and Charlie, you were both great and I could feel the warmth of your friendship from here. It was a fabulous game and your comments about each other on this forum are so nice, thanks both of you, and congratulations to Charlie. I would like to add how much I think our enjoyment of the programme has been enhanced by this website as it makes things so much more interesting.

By the way if BUNGEE also means rubber (as in eraser) then surely it would relate to the rubber used in the elastic of the bungee jump.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:Oh and for all those who backed me to win...FOOLS!
Sorry Junaid
Neil Zussman
Enthusiast

Post by Neil Zussman »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Neil Zussman wrote:
Clare Sudbery wrote:I wondered about MARMITES, too. I just checked the Apterous Stemmer and yes, it's there.
Awesome :) It's not often I get to point out a word that nobody else on the forum has! (OK, by 'not often' I mean 'never until now' :oops: )
Never until now? It was only your 13th post, you should be bloody proud of yourself!
I'm not sure I've contributed anything that valuable in twenty times as many posts! :)
But I set myself high standards- I've wasted 12 posts already! ;)
More if you include this one...