Spoilers for Monday 19th January 2008 (CoC Heat 6)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Spoilers for Monday 19th January 2008 (CoC Heat 6)

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Yay
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Re: Spoilers for Monday 19th January 2008 (CoC Heat 6)

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I risked DEXTRINS in the audience :(
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Post by Katherine Birkett »

KATHERINE'S RESULTS:

Letters 1 - SNORTED

Letters 2 - CREATE

Letters 3 - REFRAIN

Letters 4 - APHID & HOPED

Numbers 1 - AT LAST!!!!!!! DONE IT!!!!!! 684!!!!!!! YES!!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Tea Time Teaser 1 - Absolutely no idea.

Letters 5 - ROUTER

Letters 6 - WETTENS ( ? )

Letters 7 - PLACER

Letters 8 - BLOOM

Numbers 2 - OH FRABJOUS DAY, CALLOO CALLAY!!!! SHE CHORTLED IN HER JOY!!!!!! 746!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Tea Time Teaser 2 - Failed owing to running around room whooping with joy about getting 2 numbers rounds right in the same programme!

Letters 9 - SOUNDS

Letters 10 - DUVET

Letters 11 - MEDAL

Numbers 3 - 836 (2 out)

Conundrum - as close to the answer as London is to the next galaxy.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Really great, friendly game, congrats to Jonathon. This must be the only non-forum members match in this year's CoC.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Couldn't watch it, what was the score?
Ray Folwell
Acolyte

Post by Ray Folwell »

The first 2 number selections were identical (5,7,8,8,9,100) and only one number different, 10 instead of one of the 8s in the third numbers.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

rayfolwell wrote:The first 2 number selections were identical (5,7,8,8,9,100) and only one number different, 10 instead of one of the 8s in the third numbers.
Haha, I noticed that as well, didn't see if Rachel was taking them from the same place each time or not.

Good game again, but my dark horse for the tournament has fallen at the first hurdle. DEMAGOGY was quality from DC.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Props to Dinos in the crowd for getting TOMBOLO!
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
David Gunn
Rookie

Post by David Gunn »

Paul Howe wrote:
rayfolwell wrote:The first 2 number selections were identical (5,7,8,8,9,100) and only one number different, 10 instead of one of the 8s in the third numbers.
Haha, I noticed that as well, didn't see if Rachel was taking them from the same place each time or not.

Good game again, but my dark horse for the tournament has fallen at the first hurdle. DEMAGOGY was quality from DC.
In the first 2 numbers games Rachel took all the tiles from the same places, although Jonathan had specified an inverted T, while Anita specified 1 large.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

I risked TOMBOLO and DEMAGOGY (I got this thanks to coming across DEMAGOGIC in apterous)
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

I'm really happy today because I was only 10 points from the maximum and that was because I didn't get the conundrum. So I got the maximum in all the letters and numbers rounds. Yay!
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Eoin.V.Monaghan wrote:I'm really happy today because I was only 10 points from the maximum and that was because I didn't get the conundrum. So I got the maximum in all the letters and numbers rounds. Yay!
Really? That's awesome. You got a 14/15 max game? A lot of the greats struggle to reach 14/15 so very well done.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Eoin.V.Monaghan wrote:I'm really happy today because I was only 10 points from the maximum and that was because I didn't get the conundrum. So I got the maximum in all the letters and numbers rounds. Yay!
Really? That's awesome. You got a 14/15 max game? A lot of the greats struggle to reach 14/15 so very well done.
out of the 11 letters rounds I got TEN sevens and just ONE eight
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Eoin.V.Monaghan wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
out of the 11 letters rounds I got TEN sevens and just ONE eight
That seriously is quality. I had TONNEAU as well as NORTENA and NEUTRON in one round. But I think I only managed 12/15 maximums. Very well done.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Jimmy wrote:Really great, friendly game, congrats to Jonathon. This must be the only non-forum members match in this year's CoC.
Actually Jonathan is a member of the forum, but I heard him say at CoC that due to some problem with his pc he's unable to post.

Good game today, I didn't get DEMAGOGY or TOWNEES and was nowhere near the conundrum but I had the max in every other round.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

I wonder if the numbers shuffler is absent as well, first of all the terrible letters then the same numbers were in the same place two games in a row. However Rachel picked them from difference places for the third game, so that was more of a coincidence. Oh and it was a really good game, well done to both players. Yet another crucial conundrum.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Martin Gardner wrote:I wonder if the numbers shuffler is absent as well
What numbers shuffler?

Of course I got a perfect game today - only because I was there when it was being filmed though. :)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Kai Laddiman wrote: Of course I got a perfect game today - only because I was there when it was being filmed though. :)
I scoffed but then realised I failed to get DECLINED when watching your game on Thursday, even though I watched it being filmed and got it then. Now that's what I call

:oops:
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

I know! :x And if anyone remembers from my first ever post here I said that I like to swap the targets around from the three games for extra number fun! Today wasn't much number fun for me. :roll: Might have to play a few online to stop my brain from rotting... :)
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

David Gunn wrote:
Paul Howe wrote:

In the first 2 numbers games Rachel took all the tiles from the same places, although Jonathan had specified an inverted T, while Anita specified 1 large.
Yes. For the first two numbers games, the same slots were used, which suggests that the empty slots might just have been inadvertently filled with the used tiles. However for the third numbers games there was only one slot used in common with the earlier games, and that produced the 5. So at least the 100 and one of the 8s got relocated after the second game.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Something I noticed was that when she did the first inverted T she started with the smalls, but then (quite deftly, I thought) slid the large (which she picked up last) under the stack, rather than on top as she would have done if she wasn't paying attention. When she drew the second inverted T she'd presumably learnt and drew the large first.