Spoilers for Friday 22nd November 2019

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Tom S
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday 22nd November 2019

Post by Tom S »

What a cracking game! Great comeback by Paul and conundrum solve. Real shame that he won't be in the finals, as he is better than a fair few of the other octos this series. But Jamie played very well, too, and am sure he will do well.
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Friday 22nd November 2019.

Post by Toby McDonald »

BEAMIEST in R10

Incredible game guys! Sad to see Paul go, such a good player and very unlucky not to reach the finals, but intrigued to see how well Jamie does. :)
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

GALLERIAS to beat LAIRAGES
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Carl Harrison
Rookie

Post by Carl Harrison »

Yes very unlucky indeed for Paul. If the old (pre-series 64) scoring system was used to determine finalists - i.e. based on total points only, not wins first then points - then Paul would comfortably have qualified for the finals, with a total score that was higher than 4 of the series octochamps, despite having played one game less. He was clearly worthy of a place in the finals, just unlucky to run into someone who looks like he may also be one of the best players of the series.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Carl Harrison wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:04 pm Yes very unlucky indeed for Paul. If the old (pre-series 64) scoring system was used to determine finalists - i.e. based on total points only, not wins first then points - then Paul would comfortably have qualified for the finals, with a total score that was higher than 4 of the series octochamps, despite having played one game less.
That's well earlier than Series 64 when that was last used :!: :!: