Spoilers for Thursday 7th November 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 93)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Ray Wilding
Devotee

Spoilers for Thursday 7th November 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 93)

Post by Ray Wilding »

OUTSOLES in R1.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 7th November 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 93)

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I thought Rachel was a bit abrupt with the guy when she interrupted to say it was the same method. "No, it's exactly the same." He did the arithmetic in a different order so it was essentially the same but she should have let him finish, explain that it was the same but in a different order and then asked him to show his paper. It came across as quite rude actually.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Yes, I could get why people saw Rachel as being a bit OTT in tone in R3, but no malice was intended. On a separate note, that was a pretty stong showing from Morgan. Looks like he could become an octochamp-his conundrum skills are particularly strong.
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Post by Fred Mumford »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm It came across as quite rude actually.
I know Rachel doesn't normally come across that way, but this particular incident (rude, pushy, and with a fake smile at the end) makes me think she would be perfect for a career in HR.
David Williams
Kiloposter

Post by David Williams »

Didn't think anything of it myself, but the editing didn't do him any favours when he had COOTED disallowed, Jenny Eclair spoke up and said something like "I'm doing my best for you" in his direction, they panned over, and it looked as if he wasn't even listening.