Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
Ray Wilding
Enthusiast
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Ray Wilding » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:13 pm

A new series begins.

Ray Wilding
Enthusiast
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Ray Wilding » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Rachel put up GRAYER on the board in R13, which is incorrect.

Tom S
Devotee
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Tom S » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 pm

Bit of a tedious comment but I think the "crucial conundrum" lighting has changed. I quite enjoyed today's game- likeable contestants and a bit nip and tuck.....

User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
Posts: 1611
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Graeme Cole » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 pm

Tom S wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 pm
Bit of a tedious comment but I think the "crucial conundrum" lighting has changed. I quite enjoyed today's game- likeable contestants and a bit nip and tuck.....
You're right, it's red.

The final's crucial conundrum lighting was the usual purpley-magenta colour, also known as Calpol. This episode was probably filmed on the same day immediately after the final, as the DC guest is the same, so presumably it was a conscious decision to introduce the new colour for the new series.

I've just discovered that although Calpol is purple, there's a version called "Calpol Six Plus" which is red. So all that's happened is the set design has got older.

User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Mark Deeks » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:48 am

Calpol Six Plus wasn't nearly quite the drink of the gods that pure uncut Moroccan Calpol was, though. Although neither was a patch on Tixylix. Kid drugs are awesome.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:04 am

Mark Deeks wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:48 am
Calpol Six Plus wasn't nearly quite the drink of the gods that pure uncut Moroccan Calpol was, though. Although neither was a patch on Tixylix. Kid drugs are awesome.
Amoxil.

Jayne Wisniewski
Rookie
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Jayne Wisniewski » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:16 am

Ray Wilding wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 pm
Rachel put up GRAYER on the board in R13, which is incorrect.
I spotted this too. Made me think that Susie could have been mean and asked the contestant how he had spelled it :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Tony Atkins
Fanatic
Posts: 2186
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: Spoilers for Monday 1st July 2019 (Series 81, Prelim 1)

Post by Tony Atkins » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Jayne Wisniewski wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:16 am
Ray Wilding wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 pm
Rachel put up GRAYER on the board in R13, which is incorrect.
I spotted this too. Made me think that Susie could have been mean and asked the contestant how he had spelled it :lol: :lol:
Although GRAYER is US Spelling I was always confused why GRAY and GRAYS were valid - but that's a scientific unit.
COREA every Easter, CO-MSO every August (Sunday 25th in 2019).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests