Spoilers for Friday 8th March 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 33)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday 8th March 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 33)

Post by Thomas Carey »

Maggie Barlow won closely yesterday, her turn now.
cheers maus
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Friday 8th March 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 33)

Post by Peter Mabey »

With an all-female lineup, Nick should have been reminded that it's International Women's Day :o
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

That was a very strong performance from Maggie - much better than yesterday's. She could easily be an octochamp playing like that.

There was a Julia Wilkinson who was an octochamp across series 47 and 48. I can't remember what she looked like though.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:45 pm That was a very strong performance from Maggie - much better than yesterday's. She could easily be an octochamp playing like that.

There was a Julia Wilkinson who was an octochamp across series 47 and 48. I can't remember what she looked like though.
She was from Southampton too! Have her pencilled in as the same person but will change ASAP if wrong.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:26 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:45 pm That was a very strong performance from Maggie - much better than yesterday's. She could easily be an octochamp playing like that.

She was from Southampton too! Have her pencilled in as the same person but will change ASAP if wrong.
Though I can't exactly remember what she looks like, I do think it could be her. And I know Maggie played a blinder but it's still quite a drop in form!
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Maggie got some good letters spots and her numbers were not bad today. Would definitely agree with her being in with a shout at octochampdom if she keeps it up.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

From what I remember she did have blonde hair and looked fairly similar, and was also a science teacher so would be a bit of a coincidence if it wasn't her. Mike Brown might know since she was in the same series finals as him.
John Ashcroft

Post by John Ashcroft »

To confirm, this was the same Julia Wilkinson, we found out during the filming.