Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 8)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Post Reply
User avatar
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter
Posts: 1175
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:44 pm
Location: Atlantic Canada
Contact:

Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 8)

Post by Johnny Canuck » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:46 am

Recap will have to wait until tonight unless someone else wants to do it first (they're welcome to) -- going to lunch with company today.
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Despite everything, it's still you.

Ray Wilding
Enthusiast
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 7)

Post by Ray Wilding » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:42 pm

FATWA in R11.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse
Posts: 8536
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 7)

Post by Gavin Chipper » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Three vowels every time, regardless of what came up - I wish they both could have lost.

Great game though! :D

Tom S
Devotee
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 7)

Post by Tom S » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:01 pm

I've said this a few times this week about players like Adam and Jimmy, but Kerry seems like the consistent type to win a few more. Does not strike me as octochamp material as it stands, but 109 is a very nice score to debut on nevertheless, and it was a good game to watch!

Peter Mabey
Kiloposter
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:15 pm
Location: Harlow

Re: Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 7)

Post by Peter Mabey » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 pm
Three vowels every time, regardless of what came up - I wish they both could have lost.

Great game though! :D
Yes, in pretty nearly every round I was shouting ANOTHER VOWEL !

Toby McDonald
Acolyte
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 7)

Post by Toby McDonald » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 pm

TAWAF in R11 as well.

Elliott Mellor
Devotee
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 7)

Post by Elliott Mellor » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 pm

Tom S wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:01 pm
I've said this a few times this week about players like Adam and Jimmy, but Kerry seems like the consistent type to win a few more. Does not strike me as octochamp material as it stands, but 109 is a very nice score to debut on nevertheless, and it was a good game to watch!
I think she's plenty capable, perhaps wouldn't back her to win a typical series but certainly capable of winning 8 imo.

Philip Wilson
Devotee
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Spoilers for Friday 1 February 2019 (Series 80, Prelim 7)

Post by Philip Wilson » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Peter Mabey wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:52 pm
Three vowels every time, regardless of what came up - I wish they both could have lost.

Great game though! :D
Yes, in pretty nearly every round I was shouting ANOTHER VOWEL !
Haha, even I noticed that today! Was waiting for 'romanised'. Pedantics is arguable isn't it - a group of people who are pedantic as opposed to a group of people who are not!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: James Robinson and 9 guests