Spoilers for Friday 11th January 2019 (COC XV, Game 8)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday 11th January 2019 (COC XV, Game 8)

Post by Toby McDonald »

FEARTIE in R1

Vwp both. :) Glad Noel was able to have another nice 4L in the last numbers just like his Semi Final :D
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Friday 11th January 2019 (COC XV, Game 8)

Post by Thomas Carey »

Been one hell of a day, sorry. Will have everything updated tonight.
cheers maus
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Very enjoyable game! And happy birthday and anniversary to Rachel. Bad luck noel but you played very well. And well done to Philip. Good luck to you and Jonathan.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

94% predicted Philip, average 13.29 points, highest predictions 38 to Philip and 45 to Noel.
cheers maus
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Yeah good spirit again today and commiserations Noel- adding a little flare on the last numbers as did Philip :) Well played both.
Ryan Lam
Enthusiast

Post by Ryan Lam »

Before I get on with my review let's just take the time to appreciate and congratulate Rachel Riley for being on the show for a decade (Actually it's tomorrow but it's a Saturday)! :D I somehow mentioned Anniversary in a different way before OOW and during the second TTT ad break where I saw the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" guy, realising 2019 marks 20 years since that scandal. Had absolutely zero idea Susie was going to mention this! Remarkable achievement and cheers to the next 10 years ahead! Alright back on track!

Today marks the halfway point of the Championship and, the final preliminary of that as well. Well-played from Philip with TOLUENE and SIDERATE! (On the other hand, unlucky on the bluewing declaration; he mentioned in the daily chat it's in CSW (i.e. Scrabble Dictionary) but not ODO.)

Noel has somehow traded his curly hair for some straight one (Am I the only one that cares about people changing their hairstyle or looks on the show after they last appeared some time back?), and we all know by now his ultimate weapon: 4 Large. I'm so, so glad he got to show off his skills in R14 which I'm sure will be the highlight of the day! Sadly, you couldn't beat Philip and he won in identical circumstances like yesterday (14 point deficit leading up to the Conundrum). :( After all, I don't blame Philip for choosing 1 Large instead of his usual 3 Large to play safe (Which he did admit). Nevertheless, I have to agree with Philip, you certainly are the best 4 Large Player anyone has ever seen in recent times and from here on the Forum and Apterous, you deserve our applause and even a standing ovation for the times you've outrageously showed off your Maths skills. :) It's a shame you've moved on from the community as you mentioned here after filming was over last year. but I'm sure your spirit lives on here and I wish you all the best in your career as a Maths teacher!

With the Preliminaries all done and dusted, we have 100% of S73 contestants, 75% of S77 contestants and 50% of S78 contestants that are through and the rest have to either go home or watch the rest of the Championship in the audience. A new week and it's Jonathan who will take up Philip. Based on my archived information about the recording, today and next Monday's episode were filmed consecutively, I wonder if this will cost the latter the chance to progress further...

Progress:
Preliminary #1 (02 January): Jonathan Wynn (Series 73 Grand Champion) vs Phil Davies (Series 78 Semi-Finalist) (103 - 68)
Preliminary #2 (03 January): Ann Dibben (Series 74 Runner-Up) vs John Cowen (Series 77 Semi-Finalist) (94 - 97)
Preliminary #3 (04 January): Matthew Tassier (Series 73 Runner-Up) vs Dougie Mackay (Series 78 Semi-Finalist) (96 - 78)
Preliminary #4 (07 January): Thomas Carey (Series 73 Semi-Finalist) vs Stephen Read (Series 76 Grand Champion) (106 - 87)
Preliminary #5 (08 January): Paul Erdunast (Series 74 Grand Champion) vs Zarte Siempre (Series 78 Grand Champion) (105 - 113)
Preliminary #6 (09 January): Tom Chafer-Cook (Series 77 Grand Champion) vs Martin Hurst (Series 75 Grand Champion) (129 - 89)
Preliminary #7 (10 January): Bradley Horrocks (Series 77 Runner-Up) vs Andrew Macleod (Series 75 Runner-Up) (128 - 104)
Preliminary #8 (11 January): Philip Aston (Series 78 Runner-Up) vs Noel McIlvenny (Series 77 Semi-Finalist) (103 - 89)
Quarter-Finals #1 (14 January): Jonathan Wynn (Preliminary #1 Winner) vs Philip Aston (Preliminary #8 Winner)
Quarter-Finals #2 (15 January): John Cowen (Preliminary #2 Winner) vs Bradley Horrocks (Preliminary #7 Winner) <- Series 77 SF2 REMATCH
Quarter-Finals #3 (16 January): Matthew Tassier (Preliminary #3 Winner) vs Tom Chafer-Cook (Preliminary #6 Winner)
Quarter-Finals #4 (17 January): Thomas Carey (Preliminary #4 Winner) vs Zarte Siempre (Preliminary #5 Winner)
Semi-Finals #1 (18 January): (Quarter-Finals #1 Winner) vs (Quarter-Finals #4 Winner)
Semi-Finals #2 (21 January): (Quarter-Finals #2 Winner) vs (Quarter-Finals #3 Winner)
Championship Final (22 January): (Semi-Finals #1 Winner) vs (Semi-Finals #2 Winner)
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Ryan Lam wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:57 pm Before I get on with my review let's just take the time to appreciate and congratulate Rachel Riley for being on the show for a decade (Actually it's tomorrow but it's a Saturday)! :D I somehow mentioned Anniversary in a different way before OOW and during the second TTT ad break where I saw the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" guy, realising 2019 marks 20 years since that scandal. Had absolutely zero idea Susie was going to mention this! Remarkable achievement and cheers to the next 10 years ahead! Alright back on track!

Today marks the halfway point of the Championship and, the final preliminary of that as well. Well-played from Philip with TOLUENE and SIDERATE! (On the other hand, unlucky on the bluewing declaration; he mentioned in the daily chat it's in CSW (i.e. Scrabble Dictionary) but not ODO.)

Noel has somehow traded his curly hair for some straight one (Am I the only one that cares about people changing their hairstyle or looks on the show after they last appeared some time back?), Don't worry man. I care too. I thought Noel's hair looked like Zarte's new style a little. and we all know by now his ultimate weapon: 4 Large. I'm so, so glad he got to show off his skills in R14 which I'm sure will be the highlight of the day! Sadly, you couldn't beat Philip and he won in identical circumstances like yesterday (14 point deficit leading up to the Conundrum). :( After all, I don't blame Philip for choosing 1 Large instead of his usual 3 Large to play safe (Which he did admit). Nevertheless, I have to agree with Philip, you certainly are the best 4 Large Player anyone has ever seen in recent times and from here on the Forum and Apterous, you deserve our applause and even a standing ovation for the times you've outrageously showed off your Maths skills. :) It's a shame you've moved on from the community as you mentioned here after filming was over last year. but I'm sure your spirit lives on here and I wish you all the best in your career as a Maths teacher!

With the Preliminaries all done and dusted, we have 100% of S73 contestants, 75% of S77 contestants and 50% of S78 contestants that are through and the rest have to either go home or watch the rest of the Championship in the audience. A new week and it's Jonathan who will take up Philip. Based on my archived information about the recording, today and next Monday's episode were filmed consecutively, I wonder if this will cost the latter the chance to progress further...

Progress:
Preliminary #1 (02 January): Jonathan Wynn (Series 73 Grand Champion) vs Phil Davies (Series 78 Semi-Finalist) (103 - 68)
Preliminary #2 (03 January): Ann Dibben (Series 74 Runner-Up) vs John Cowen (Series 77 Semi-Finalist) (94 - 97)
Preliminary #3 (04 January): Matthew Tassier (Series 73 Runner-Up) vs Dougie Mackay (Series 78 Semi-Finalist) (96 - 78)
Preliminary #4 (07 January): Thomas Carey (Series 73 Semi-Finalist) vs Stephen Read (Series 76 Grand Champion) (106 - 87)
Preliminary #5 (08 January): Paul Erdunast (Series 74 Grand Champion) vs Zarte Siempre (Series 78 Grand Champion) (105 - 113)
Preliminary #6 (09 January): Tom Chafer-Cook (Series 77 Grand Champion) vs Martin Hurst (Series 75 Grand Champion) (129 - 89)
Preliminary #7 (10 January): Bradley Horrocks (Series 77 Runner-Up) vs Andrew Macleod (Series 75 Runner-Up) (128 - 104)
Preliminary #8 (11 January): Philip Aston (Series 78 Runner-Up) vs Noel McIlvenny (Series 77 Semi-Finalist) (103 - 89)
Quarter-Finals #1 (14 January): Jonathan Wynn (Preliminary #1 Winner) vs Philip Aston (Preliminary #8 Winner)
Quarter-Finals #2 (15 January): John Cowen (Preliminary #2 Winner) vs Bradley Horrocks (Preliminary #7 Winner) <- Series 77 SF2 REMATCH
Quarter-Finals #3 (16 January): Matthew Tassier (Preliminary #3 Winner) vs Tom Chafer-Cook (Preliminary #6 Winner)
Quarter-Finals #4 (17 January): Thomas Carey (Preliminary #4 Winner) vs Zarte Siempre (Preliminary #5 Winner)
Semi-Finals #1 (18 January): (Quarter-Finals #1 Winner) vs (Quarter-Finals #4 Winner)
Semi-Finals #2 (21 January): (Quarter-Finals #2 Winner) vs (Quarter-Finals #3 Winner)
Championship Final (22 January): (Semi-Finals #1 Winner) vs (Semi-Finals #2 Winner)
Whoops. Didn't think it would just be in the middle of your whole text thing. I thought it would say (Owen Carroll says) or something like that. Sorry about that. Also sorry if I make you read this whole text thing. It's the only way I know.