Spoilers for Thursday 22nd November (Series 79, Prelim 105)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Thursday 22nd November (Series 79, Prelim 105)

Post by Thomas Carey »

7th president of the United States of America Andrew Jackson is back for game three!!!! Exciting stuff; semi colon,; how will he do? Find out at ten past 2 everybody. Good show
cheers maus
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers for Thursday 22nd November (Series 79, Prelim 105)

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Thomas Carey wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:51 am 7th president of the United States of America Andrew Jackson is back for game three!!!!
...of his second term, in fact.
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

MENTULA in R1.
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

REBEGAT a beater to BEATER in R5.
Ray Wilding
Devotee

Post by Ray Wilding »

It seems someone didn't realise F1 would take up Friday's slot. Why they chose to move it to Saturday, I've no idea.
Toby McDonald
Kiloposter

Post by Toby McDonald »

ALMUTEN in R1 as well.
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Does anyone know why countdown's on tomorrow? Usually if it's not on on a Friday they just wait till Monday
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ray Wilding wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:57 pm It seems someone didn't realise F1 would take up Friday's slot. Why they chose to move it to Saturday, I've no idea.
There were probably limited options. I mean, there's Saturday, Sunday...
Owen Carroll wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:33 pm Does anyone know why countdown's on tomorrow? Usually if it's not on on a Friday they just wait till Monday
It seems someone didn't realise F1 would take up Friday's slot.
Keith Bennett
Acolyte

Post by Keith Bennett »

I think these shows were recorded around August weren't they, and the rest of the series by early September ?

If C4 weren't able to confirm the F1 coverage until after those were all recorded, for whatever reason, they'd have a problem e.g. on Monday Nick might be heard wishing everyone a good weekend. And the finals would of course be out of sync too, so they'd have to fit the extra programme in somehow - and the sooner the better. This seems as good a way as any, though I am surprised the continuity announcer didn't say anything after this show (at least I don't think he did).
Owen Carroll
Devotee

Post by Owen Carroll »

Keith Bennett wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:14 pm I think these shows were recorded around August weren't they, and the rest of the series by early September ?

If C4 weren't able to confirm the F1 coverage until after those were all recorded, for whatever reason, they'd have a problem e.g. on Monday Nick might be heard wishing everyone a good weekend. And the finals would of course be out of sync too, so they'd have to fit the extra programme in somehow - and the sooner the better. This seems as good a way as any, though I am surprised the continuity announcer didn't say anything after this show (at least I don't think he did).
Ok. Thanks for the help👍
Stewart Gordon
Enthusiast

Post by Stewart Gordon »

Susie doesn't know the difference between a metaphor and a simile. :(